mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
December 7th, 2015 at 6:59:35 PM permalink
I felt what I had to say would be better placed after what I felt deep in my core after a post made in the 2016 election thread got to me and did not want to derail the thread into a passivism vs. nationalism debate.

Quote: ams288

I'm watching this Trump rally.

The man is deranged.

It's as simple as that.

He did that thing where he blamed the victims in Paris for not having guns.

What a scumbag.

Quote: mason2386

I think he is blaming, that the victims were unable to have guns. Look at what the partisans in WWII were able to do when they had guns. What is the level of gun violence in USA in gun free zones versus open carry and relaxed concealed carry zones?

Editorial: Lessons of Dec. 7, 1941, are of value in today’s troubled times The Fresno BEE 12-7-2015

"There are moments when, despite our best efforts, fear overtakes us. Monday, on a “date which will live in infamy,” we recall one such dark moment even as we confront fearful times of our own.

Americans were stunned on Dec. 7, 1941, when 350 Japanese warplanes swarmed over Pearl Harbor, launching torpedoes, dropping bombs and firing machine guns. The surprise attack sank six warships, killed some 2,400 military personnel and 70 civilians and wounded another 1,175.

As Californians were sitting down to a late breakfast or arriving for church services, the news was just reaching the mainland. And the news grew worse with every passing hour.

Not only had the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, they simultaneously hit Hong Kong, Guam, the Philippines, Wake Island, Malaya, Shanghai, Thailand and Midway. The world seemed to be in flames. It was a fearful day for a nation sitting glued to its radios.

Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day isn’t just for those who can recall the attack that drove the United States into World War II. It is a day we all can use, hopefully, to reflect not only on the attack that marked a generation but also on America’s ability to set aside any great fear and mount a response. In 1941, that response helped save the world.

Today, many among us feel a similar fear. We fear of those who would attack us from outside, such as Daesh (or ISIS), and we fear those who might attack us from within, such as those responsible for the massacre in San Bernardino on Dec. 2 and many other such inexplicable attacks.

Perhaps that is why it is crucial, this day, to consider the response that arose from our nation after Pearl Harbor was shattered.

The “Greatest Generation” did not cower, though they were undoubtedly afraid. They did not become paralyzed by debate, though it is certain they didn’t know exactly what to do. And they did not wait, with many arriving at recruiting offices the very next day.

The horror of war was visited upon the United States 74 years ago on Dec. 7 in a dastardly, vicious, brutal attack. Even some of the Japanese who planned it knew America would respond with a “terrible resolve.”

They were right then; we hope the same would be true of America today.

The prospect of attack by terrorists, domestic or otherwise, is intensely frightening. While our military response is measured, we all must rise to the occasion – with the strength to set aside fear, the courage to act and the determination to follow through.

That’s what a previous generation did following the attack on Pearl Harbor; their actions blunting the terror of their time and guaranteeing freedom for generations to come.

Hopefully, we have the courage to follow the example they provided."

Maybe, once we drop political correctness and look at life without rose colored glasses and hopping that all mankind has goodness in their hearts, we can see that after an unset amount of time, an individual arises and says my way is the superior way. My way will fulfill your, political or religious beliefs. My way will bring you eternal happiness. 1941 Japan and Germany made those promises.

Will we stand up as great Americans of our past did or will we go silently into the night? There is a society that is bound and determined to extinguish the infidels, those who do not believe that the only true god is allah.

Mason2386, former Marine and currently a 1st responder and a infidel.........
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
December 7th, 2015 at 7:14:26 PM permalink
Stunning post.
Salute.
2F
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 7th, 2015 at 7:17:25 PM permalink
Quote:

Editorial: Lessons of Dec. 7, 1941, are of value in today’s troubled times The Fresno BEE 12-7-2015

If we're going to confuse brutality with actual threat, then I have to point out an estimated 400,000 American's lost their lives in WW2.
The Axis was indeed deadly.

Even if you combine Iraq and Afghanistan deaths we don't even crack out of the 1000th percentile of our total population in the War on Terror. And it doesn't come close to the effects of the Civil War.

Now maybe if we can convince the rest of the 1 billion Muslims to turn to terrorism we'll have something.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mason2386
mason2386
December 7th, 2015 at 7:21:17 PM permalink
I just hope that we have the intestinal fortitude to do what our forefathers accomplished. After our entry into WWII, it lasted 3 more years. I hope that if the USA chooses to actually fight this war that we will decide to win it and it will be done in less time and less lose of American lives but we must choose to win like our forefathers did......
mason2386
mason2386
December 7th, 2015 at 7:26:36 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

If we're going to confuse brutality with actual threat, then I have to point out an estimated 400,000 American's lost their lives in WW2.
The Axis was indeed deadly.

Even if you combine Iraq and Afghanistan deaths we don't even crack out of the 1000th percentile of our total population in the War on Terror. And it doesn't come close to the effects of the Civil War.

Now maybe if we can convince the rest of the 1 billion Muslims to turn to terrorism we'll have something.

It is sad that we had to lose that many people in WWII, but had not proud Americans not willing taken up arms for the American way of life, we would now speak German. Give me Liberty or give me death.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 7th, 2015 at 7:37:32 PM permalink
Quote: mason2386

I just hope that we have the intestinal fortitude to do what our forefathers accomplished. After our entry into WWII, it lasted 3 more years. I hope that if the USA chooses to actually fight this war that we will decide to win it and it will be done in less time and less lose of American lives but we must choose to win like our forefathers did......

Gee, lets go to war with an extremist sliver of a religion.
absurd
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
mason2386
mason2386
December 7th, 2015 at 7:49:55 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Gee, lets go to war with an extremist sliver of a religion.
absurd

As we thought of during the 1936 Olympics and the Japan in 1940. Let's wait until it becomes our problem. 2015, San Bernardino. Work Place violence, FT. Hood. Incremental violence. It didn't happen to me, just random violence. Cool, didn't happen to me, all is good. Read the opening statement again.
  • Jump to: