NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 829
July 19th, 2010 at 6:44:47 AM permalink
Hello, I recall on my last trip to Vegas I ended up at an EZ Baccarat Table that was not very clearly marked, the dealer made it a clear point to tell me the difference (3 card banker bet w/ total of 7 pushes). Since there is no commission I knew it could only be good in the short term since the casino would never put a variant in that could be in the players favor. Well I researched the game on the regular woo website and it shows a house advantage of 1.02% for the banker bet in EZ Baccarat. On the regular baccarat the woo site shows a house advantage of 1.06% for banker bets. Therefore could this be the one exception to the general notion that variants are always worse?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
July 19th, 2010 at 7:07:47 AM permalink
Beats me, but my first thought would be: Is EZ Baccarat played at a faster rate? (No dealer fumbling with markers to keep track of commissions, for instance.) If so a miniscule enhancement of a gamblers house edge from minus 1.06 to minus 1.02 is not much of an enhancement in the gambler's overall situation.
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 48
  • Posts: 829
July 19th, 2010 at 7:45:08 PM permalink
So even though this has a lower house advantage, would people rather play regular or EZ?
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
July 19th, 2010 at 8:16:28 PM permalink
They tried EZ bac in a casino near me in the Midwest and it was gone 6 months later. I preferred it, went way faster with no commission to pay. The Asian players boycotted it and never played so the casino got rid of it. How do I know? The casino told me.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
July 19th, 2010 at 8:44:06 PM permalink
There are 3 EZ bac tables here in Minneapolis. 2 at Canterbury Park and 1 at Running Aces. The ones at Canterbury are extremely popular. Running Aces just opened their table. I was there when it opened for the first time, and it filled up pretty quickly. I'm betting that they'll add more tables soon. At Canterbury, there's a group of players who go back and forth from the Pai Gow Poker tables to the EZ Bac. They'll place Pai Gow bets, ask for their hands to be set house way, then go play EZ Bac until the Pai Gow hand is resolved. The reason that I think this will take off at Running Aces is that Running Aces also has no commission Pai Gow Poker. Not EZ Pai Gow...just no commission...I think the 5% calculation was too hard for their dealers. Running aces is by far the least polished card club/casino in town, and they pretty much employ the people who didn'c/couldn't/wouldn't cut it at Mystic Lake, Treasure Island, or Canterbury.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
July 19th, 2010 at 8:47:54 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

. I'm betting that they'll add more tables soon. q]

The thing about my casino was bac has 98% Asian players from Chicago. They agreed they didn't like it and wouldn't play it and the casino isn't going to keep an empty table open for long.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ruascott
ruascott
Joined: Mar 30, 2010
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 475
July 20th, 2010 at 7:20:18 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

There are 3 EZ bac tables here in Minneapolis. 2 at Canterbury Park and 1 at Running Aces. The ones at Canterbury are extremely popular. Running Aces just opened their table. I was there when it opened for the first time, and it filled up pretty quickly. I'm betting that they'll add more tables soon. At Canterbury, there's a group of players who go back and forth from the Pai Gow Poker tables to the EZ Bac. They'll place Pai Gow bets, ask for their hands to be set house way, then go play EZ Bac until the Pai Gow hand is resolved. The reason that I think this will take off at Running Aces is that Running Aces also has no commission Pai Gow Poker. Not EZ Pai Gow...just no commission...I think the 5% calculation was too hard for their dealers. Running aces is by far the least polished card club/casino in town, and they pretty much employ the people who didn'c/couldn't/wouldn't cut it at Mystic Lake, Treasure Island, or Canterbury.



Does Minnesota only allow certain card games? And its cards only, correct? No craps, roulette, etc..?
mndealer
mndealer
Joined: Sep 10, 2010
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
September 10th, 2010 at 8:14:00 AM permalink
repost
mndealer
mndealer
Joined: Sep 10, 2010
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 2
September 10th, 2010 at 8:20:54 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

There are 3 EZ bac tables here in Minneapolis. 2 at Canterbury Park and 1 at Running Aces. The ones at Canterbury are extremely popular. Running Aces just opened their table. I was there when it opened for the first time, and it filled up pretty quickly. I'm betting that they'll add more tables soon. At Canterbury, there's a group of players who go back and forth from the Pai Gow Poker tables to the EZ Bac. They'll place Pai Gow bets, ask for their hands to be set house way, then go play EZ Bac until the Pai Gow hand is resolved. The reason that I think this will take off at Running Aces is that Running Aces also has no commission Pai Gow Poker. Not EZ Pai Gow...just no commission...I think the 5% calculation was too hard for their dealers. Running aces is by far the least polished card club/casino in town, and they pretty much employ the people who didn'c/couldn't/wouldn't cut it at Mystic Lake, Treasure Island, or Canterbury.




Hey I'm an employee at RA and you are so dead wrong!!! We got the best of the best dealers from all the places you mentioned. Its strange last time we did auditions it took 12 hours to get through all of them.I guess no one wants to come and work at our place. Our customer service is top notch!! And we do have no commission pai gow. And we have it that way not cause we cant handle it. It started as a promotion. Ended up being permanent. We have 4 tables and they are full 4 out of 7 days of the week. We can honestly say we have the BEST pai gow tables in the US. We have 2 EZ Bac tables that can seat 9 players. Both are open and full 7 days a week. And you say we are the least polished. Well to that I say. WE HAVE BEEN OPEN 2 YEARS!!!!! I'd love to hear your thoughts on how to "polish" a mutli-million dollar business in 2 years. In conclusion get your facts straight before you talk crap.
allnighter
allnighter
Joined: Jan 11, 2011
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 11
January 22nd, 2011 at 9:42:34 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

Hello, I recall on my last trip to Vegas I ended up at an EZ Baccarat Table that was not very clearly marked, the dealer made it a clear point to tell me the difference (3 card banker bet w/ total of 7 pushes). Since there is no commission I knew it could only be good in the short term since the casino would never put a variant in that could be in the players favor. Well I researched the game on the regular woo website and it shows a house advantage of 1.02% for the banker bet in EZ Baccarat. On the regular baccarat the woo site shows a house advantage of 1.06% for banker bets. Therefore could this be the one exception to the general notion that variants are always worse?



I know this thread is old but i've been wondering the same thing as the OP and can't seem to get an answer from anyone about it? As to the popularity of EZ baccarat i would say that it is very popular as the casinos in my hometown don't even have commission baccarat anymore just EZ baccarat and the tables are always full even overnight and early mornings with people betting serious money per hand.

  • Jump to: