Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
July 11th, 2010 at 10:37:58 AM permalink
I fully expect that Potter fellow to grab the golden snitch and take the cup for Gryffindor.
A falling knife has no handle.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
July 11th, 2010 at 10:45:21 AM permalink
If that means Spain, then I'm $50 richer.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 11th, 2010 at 11:58:52 AM permalink
I think Nareed's buddy will be claiming the bet is still good now.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
July 11th, 2010 at 1:10:23 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I fully expect that Potter fellow to grab the golden snitch and take the cup for Gryffindor.

Yawn.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 12th, 2010 at 6:50:17 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I think Nareed's buddy will be claiming the bet is still good now.

He's not my buddy. He's just some guy I work with.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed just that. Fortunately he's vacationing in Spain right now and won't come back 'til August.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 12th, 2010 at 7:17:11 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

He's not my buddy. He's just some guy I work with.

I figured as much, one way to rib somebody is to be sure and refer to somebody he knows who is an enemy, rival, or at least non grata for the time being, as the person's "buddy", just to rub it in. So I guess I took a liberty but seem to have hit something. I'll try to behave.

Quote: Nareed

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if he claimed just that. Fortunately he's vacationing in Spain right now and won't come back 'til August.

In your shoes I would have to make sure he understands you are not welching like he was going to do, then rub it in for not sticking to his team.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
July 12th, 2010 at 7:37:03 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I figured as much, one way to rib somebody is to be sure and refer to somebody he knows who is an enemy, rival, or at least non grata for the time being, as the person's "buddy", just to rub it in. So I guess I took a liberty but seem to have hit something. I'll try to behave.

Not your fault. You just don't know how intensely I dislike the guy.

Quote:

In your shoes I would have to make sure he understands you are not welching like he was going to do, then rub it in for not sticking to his team.

He made his welching pretty publicly, and I told nearly everyone in the department about it. So I don't think he'll try it. If he does I may just punch him in the nose. It's uncalled for, but very satisfying and a good hit ends all arguments ;)
Nareed
Nareed
July 12th, 2010 at 8:10:18 AM permalink
BTW, another co-worker just came in and he says to me "Good thing the other guy welched out of his bet." So I think I'm pretty well covered.

In fact, I can annoy him because he welched out of a winning bet. It's so cliche it's funny ;)

In other things, Holland set a record for losing the final in three continents.

If time permits, and I don't lose interst, I'll later post my reform ideas that would make sucker a game half-worth watching when there's nothing better to do (and you're tired of listening to the grass grow).
  • Jump to: