rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
November 29th, 2014 at 3:46:44 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I do hope your optimism is not misplaced, as I too do not advocate killing millions in order to get to the few thousand who really need to be eliminated, but when they hide and mix in the general population, desperate times may require desperate measures.

Purely for hypothetical discussion, let's assume that a decision is made to kill all the populations in Muslim countries.

Assuming the political will for this exists, I wonder what would be the best technology to achieve the stated goal?

Neutron bomb, or some other form of enhanced radiation weapon?

Nerve gas?

A bio-weapon?

Better to help the less radical fight the most radical when possible instead of directly fighting. Why? Same reason as trying to interfere with two brothers fighting. Even in a pitted battle they are more likely to both turn on an outsider even if they were previously engaged battling each other.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
richbailey86
richbailey86
  • Threads: 38
November 29th, 2014 at 3:59:28 PM permalink
we know nothing but what the news says which is mostly garbage and lies

who knows what is REALLY going on

seems to me Russia and China are sick and tired of the west.

they will probably try to collapse the dollar, we try to save the dollar by bombing countries who threaten to switch from the dollar for oil trade, like Libya
An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government. – Ron Paul
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
November 29th, 2014 at 6:01:41 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Many examples during the Crusades where Christians killed while Islam were much kinder.

Give some of the many examples where the Muslims were much kinder.

No hearsay. Provide links.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
November 29th, 2014 at 6:48:08 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Give some of the many examples where the Muslims were much kinder.

No hearsay. Provide links.

Saladin vs the Crusaders
1099 The Crusades captured Jerusalem, mass murder followed.
Saladin captured Jerusalem 1187, no mass murder.

This is not hearsay, look it up yourself, basic history.

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/saladin.htm
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/first_crusade.htm
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Twirdman
Twirdman
November 29th, 2014 at 8:41:29 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Islam has no history of peace and love from anything I have seen. Unless your idea of peace and love is to tell people with no religion that they must follow or die, and those of other religions that they must convert or pay 50% of everything they own as a tax. Bring a Bible to Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. Fly an airplane through Israeli airspace then have mechanical issues and see if a muslim country lets you land in an emergency (HINT: they will let you crash before they let you land.)

Sorry, sir, I see no peace or love for your fellow man from Islam.

There are currently 1.6 billion Muslims in the world right now and you think all of them are radical terrorist. If even 1/4 of them wanted death to all Americans it would be painfully simple for them to accomplish it since that would be 400 million people greater then the entire population of the US. Now lets go with your estimate of no peace in Islam that would mean that 1.6 billion people want death to all non believers they would only need to kill on the order of 4 people each not trivial but also by no means a herculean task to accomplish and yet there are still billions of non believers.

Also you act as though there are no atrocities committed in Christian nations and throughout Christian history which is woefully ignorant. The fact is there are some Muslims that are radical and there are some Muslim countries which lean towards a very extremist agenda but this is hardly all Muslims or all Muslim nations.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 30th, 2014 at 10:42:14 AM permalink
http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/grandmaster-putins-golden-trap

" In chess the situation in which Putin has put the West, led by the US, is called "time trouble"."

This is way more important to your lives than the distraction playing in Missouri
Tanko
Tanko
November 30th, 2014 at 12:03:59 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Saladin vs the Crusaders
1099 The Crusades captured Jerusalem, mass murder followed.
Saladin captured Jerusalem 1187, no mass murder.

This is not hearsay, look it up yourself, basic history.

Saladin was not acting out of kindness by sparing lives.

When Muslims take a city, they kill every male able to grow pubic hair and enslave the remaining young males, women and girls.

Instead of slaughtering them, Saladin collected ransom for 18,000 Jerusalem inhabitants.

He freed many others and sold the rest into slavery.

Mohammed made a fortune doing this.

This is common Muslim practice, and it is being repeated today on a daily basis by ISIS and Boko Haram.

"Bring back our girls". Remember that?

They were sold off.

You said 'many examples' of Muslim kindness.

Post them.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
November 30th, 2014 at 12:29:13 PM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

There are currently 1.6 billion Muslims in the world right now and you think all of them are radical terrorist. If even 1/4 of them wanted death to all Americans it would be painfully simple for them to accomplish it since that would be 400 million people greater then the entire population of the US. Now lets go with your estimate of no peace in Islam that would mean that 1.6 billion people want death to all non believers they would only need to kill on the order of 4 people each not trivial but also by no means a herculean task to accomplish and yet there are still billions of non believers.

Not sure where I said I think "all of them are terrorists." And to be honest, when a person draws this conclusion it makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation as this is kind of a junior-high kind of thing to say. Lets look at what I have said and how it is reality.

When Mohamed founded Islam it was quite simple. If you have no religion you can sign up or you can die by the sword. If you were with another religion you could convert or pay a 50% tax.

You cannot bring a Bible into Saudi Arabia nor can you land your plane, even it is on fire, if said plane crossed Israeli airspace. This is not "calling all muslims terrorists," this is quoting reality. Equally real is that near all non-muslims have been driven out of muslim countries.

Now, if you want to show me some examples of "peace and tolerance" in the muslim faith or on the part of behavior of muslim countries and societies, please bring it.

Quote:

Also you act as though there are no atrocities committed in Christian nations and throughout Christian history which is woefully ignorant. The fact is there are some Muslims that are radical and there are some Muslim countries which lean towards a very extremist agenda but this is hardly all Muslims or all Muslim nations.

We are not talking about what Christians did 1,000 years ago, we are talking about muslim behavior today. Please show a muslim nation where Christians are allowed to migrate to, one that allows churches and temples to be built and attended freely. (and I do not mean some westerner compound in S.A., I mean for the public.) Compare the treatment of Jews in any muslim country with muslims in Israel.

Bring it! Just bring something useful and not the tired, old, "not every muslim......." thing.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
November 30th, 2014 at 2:16:08 PM permalink

Quote:

You cannot bring a Bible into Saudi Arabia nor can you land your plane, even it is on fire, if said plane crossed Israeli airspace.
This is not "calling all muslims terrorists," this is quoting reality.

Equally real is that near all non-muslims have been driven out of muslim countries.

Well it has become apparent that I can furnish links, but
I cannot make you click on them. See above where I post links to Synagogues in Iran.

Also the part about not landing, it appears I can book a direct flight from Israel to Jeddah;
http://destinia.co.uk/v/ll48654-51477-flights-from-jerusalem-to-jeddah

Quote:

Please show a muslim nation where Christians are allowed to migrate to, one that allows churches and temples to be built and attended freely.
and I do not mean some westerner compound in S.A., I mean for the public.

Bring it! Just bring something useful and not the tired, old, "not every muslim......." thing.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=synagogues+in+Iran&qpvt=synagogues+in+Iran&FORM=IGRE
http://www.bing.com/images/search?
q=synagogues+in+Iran&qpvt=synagogues+in+Iran&FORM=IGRE

Quote:

Compare the treatment of Jews in any muslim country with muslims in Israel.

I will try, if you can give the boundaries of where you consider Israel.

muslim jewish contrast
Twirdman
Twirdman
November 30th, 2014 at 2:16:57 PM permalink

Not sure where I said I think "all of them are terrorists." And to be honest, when a person draws this conclusion it makes it hard to have an intelligent conversation as this is kind of a junior-high kind of thing to say. Lets look at what I have said and how it is reality.

When Mohamed founded Islam it was quite simple. If you have no religion you can sign up or you can die by the sword. If you were with another religion you could convert or pay a 50% tax.

You cannot bring a Bible into Saudi Arabia nor can you land your plane, even it is on fire, if said plane crossed Israeli airspace. This is not "calling all muslims terrorists," this is quoting reality. Equally real is that near all non-muslims have been driven out of muslim countries.

Now, if you want to show me some examples of "peace and tolerance" in the muslim faith or on the part of behavior of muslim countries and societies, please bring it.

We are not talking about what Christians did 1,000 years ago, we are talking about muslim behavior today. Please show a muslim nation where Christians are allowed to migrate to, one that allows churches and temples to be built and attended freely. (and I do not mean some westerner compound in S.A., I mean for the public.) Compare the treatment of Jews in any muslim country with muslims in Israel.

Sure there are plenty of such Muslim nations for instance Indonesia has a large Christian population as does Pakistan so there are your two largest Muslim nations. Bangledesh also has religious freedom so that is the country with the 4th largest number of Muslims, you'll noticed I skipped the 3rd that is because that is India which while having a crap ton of Muslims has far more other things so is not a Muslim nation.

So yes there are clearly many Muslim nations which have religious freedom. As was pointed out by Reza Aslan Muslim nations are incredibly varied and you cannot lump them all together.

• Jump to: