petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 1st, 2014 at 11:01:02 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

South Korea exists.

South Vietnam does not exist. Hence a failure. North Vietnam overtook South Vietnam, hence we failed our goal.

You misunderstand the objective. All of Vietnam has "MFN", most favored nation trading status, as does communist red China. Do you know why the French were there before us? The government that you say you want to have, complete control has given this designation to Vietnam. At the same time, ignoring our MIA's and our vets. That is what the gov. thinks of our soldiers. We do not agree, on who lost that war. It is the same in every war.

The goal, which we don't seem to agree on was, and always is, the benefit of bankers. The bankers won. It hasn't worked in North Korea. The west does however always need an "enemy", which can be blamed. Which is part of the point of this entire thread. The people are controlled through fear. Fear of the "axis of evil", blacks, terrorists, wmd, whatever the boogie man is today. How can you believe in this Homeland Security crap? The agency you want in charge of law enFORCEment can't even patrol our southern border. If ISIL or whatever "group" wanted to hurt this country, they would have walked across a long time ago, or tomorrow.

You call Korea a success? How much has it cost to keep 30 thousand American soldiers on the DMZ line since the end of hostilities? No truce has yet been signed.

This central government [which has never succeeded in history] you want to be the "law" of the land, engages in actions such as "Fast and Furious". Again, I don't think you understand the goals there either.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
December 1st, 2014 at 11:15:47 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

You misunderstand the objective.
The goal, which we don't seem to agree on was, and always is, the benefit of bankers. The bankers won. It hasn't worked in North Korea.

How much has it cost to keep 30 thousand American soldiers on the DMZ line since the end of hostilities? No truce has yet been signed.

This central government [which has never succeeded in history] you want to be the "law" of the land, engages in actions such as "Fast and Furious". Again, I don't think you understand the goals there either.

No I don't misunderstand. Our goal was to defend our allies from invasion. An army invading is a real enemy.

So yes Korea was a success. South Korea is free from the totalitarian reign on the North and is now a thriving country.

Vietnam was obviously a failure based on our objective.

I agree with you about Fast Furious. Horrible plan, stupid, and I hope whoever came up with it got punished. But I don't think it's a massive banker conspiracy, I think it's just bad planning and poor leadership.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
December 1st, 2014 at 11:26:41 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Annexation was drafted in 1844 and went into effect 1845. Close enough. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_annexation

Close? Yes. But no cigar. From the same article: "Texas formally relinquished its sovereignty to the United States on February 19, 1846.[1]
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 1st, 2014 at 11:35:52 PM permalink
Quote: Tanko

The US hasn't won a war since 1945.

The US hasn't declared was since 1945. What's
your point.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 2nd, 2014 at 2:42:13 AM permalink

The US hasn't won a war since 1945.

Won two wars against Saddam Hussein, Operation Just Cause to name three.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 2nd, 2014 at 4:18:46 AM permalink
Quote: Face

No one cares about exhibition games.

Ancient history.
I like that line in Clint Eastwood Heartbreak Ridge
0-1-1

1 tie and 1 loss, Korea, Viet Nam
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
December 2nd, 2014 at 5:19:21 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Won two wars against Saddam Hussein, Operation Just Cause to name three.

And, the peace lasted about ten minutes.

Those wars never ended.

It only took ISIS five days to take back everything it took the US ten years and thousands of lives to accomplish.

It is an eternal war that began in the seventh century, and it is spreading to a country near you.

Quote:

1987 – Conflict in Persian Gulf

1988 – Conflict in Persian Gulf, U.S. occupation of Panama

1989 – Second Gulf of Sidra Incident, U.S. occupation of Panama, Conflict in Philippines

1990 – First Gulf War, U.S. occupation of Panama

1991 – First Gulf War

1992 – Conflict in Iraq

1993 – Conflict in Iraq

1994 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti

1995 – Conflict in Iraq, U.S. invades Haiti, NATO bombing of Bosnia and Herzegovina

1996 – Conflict in Iraq

1997 – No major war

1998 – Bombing of Iraq, Missile strikes against Afghanistan and Sudan

1999 – Kosovo War

2000 – No major war

2001 – War on Terror in Afghanistan

2002 – War on Terror in Afghanistan and Yemen

2003 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, and Iraq

2004 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2005 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2006 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2007 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen

2008 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2009 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2010 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, and Yemen

2011 – War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, and Yemen; Conflict in Libya (Libyan Civil War)

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2014 at 5:34:36 AM permalink

And, the peace lasted about ten minutes.

Yes, same as after WWII and the Cold War began.

Quote:

It only took ISIS five days to take back everything it took the US ten years and thousands of lives to accomplish.

Thanks, Obama!

Quote:

It is an eternal war that began in the seventh century, and it is spreading to a country near you.

Already discussed in the muslim posts.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:17:47 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The US hasn't declared was since 1945. What's
your point.

It's easy to tell when it's a war, they give it a number
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:25:33 AM permalink

It's easy to tell when it's a war, they give it a number

The 1st world war wasn't given a number untill 1940. Just known as the Great War.
So according to you, it wasn't considered a war till 1940 :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 2nd, 2014 at 9:53:16 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Ancient history.

I knew my grandpa.
He was there.
I'm 34.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 2nd, 2014 at 10:20:47 PM permalink
http://www.globalresearch.ca/green-light-to-war-on-russia-legislation-in-us-congress-say-no-to-war-with-russia-under-h-res-758-russian-aggression/5417489?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=green-light-to-war-on-russia-legislation-in-us-congress-say-no-to-war-with-russia-under-h-res-758-russian-aggression

"Tensions between Russia and the US are being fueled every day by players who would benefit financially from a resumption of the Cold War which, from 1948 to 1991 cost US taxpayers $20 TRILLION dollars (in 2014 dollars), an amount exceeding our $18 trillion National Debt."

All wars are bankers wars.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2014 at 6:44:02 AM permalink

http://www.globalresearch.ca/green-light-to-war-on-russia-legislation-in-us-congress-say-no-to-war-with-russia-under-h-res-758-russian-aggression/5417489?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=green-light-to-war-on-russia-legislation-in-us-congress-say-no-to-war-with-russia-under-h-res-758-russian-aggression

"Tensions between Russia and the US are being fueled every day by players who would benefit financially from a resumption of the Cold War which, from 1948 to 1991 cost US taxpayers $20 TRILLION dollars (in 2014 dollars), an amount exceeding our $18 trillion National Debt."

All wars are bankers wars.

By that logic. All things are "Banker (insert action here)". Any project that involves massive spending and borrowing will inevitably benifit "the bankers".
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 3rd, 2014 at 8:11:43 AM permalink

By that logic. All things are "Banker (insert action here)". Any project that involves massive spending and borrowing will inevitably benifit "the bankers".

You are starting to catch on. Wars aren't fought over ideology, they are fought for resources, territory etc., but boil it back down and it is money, or something that resembles money.

Other than 9/11, you don't see Muslims marching on the west. GTFO out of there and mind our own business, these tensions which are none of our business will settle down. Thomas Jefferson wanted us to stay out of foreign matters, as does Ron Paul. Your neocons aren't going to let that happen.

You mentioned our "success" in Libya, that was the most progressive country in the MENA, now it is a two radical faction state, and their light sweet crude sails to China.

Bankers are well known for financing both sides of wars. It seems with all the weapons [US made] that have flowed to Syria the mic is doing quite well there as well. Every secular country in MENA we force regime change, while hundreds of thousands of innocents die.

The central banks finance this horror with money printed out of thin air, loan it to all governments and receive the Vig. You claim to be a neocon now in your worldview. As people tend to vote their pocket book, it makes me think you feel that when you get out of the "service", you will get a cut of the action somehow?
The first country to get oil contracts in Iraq and Libya was China. That to me was not worth a million lives in Iraq, it certainly wasn't worth the 5 thousand Americans that died for the bankers. It definitely wasn't because of wmd, or the twin towers.

When Saddam went to a gold back dinar, the war started. Same thing with Khadafi who wanted an All African gold backed currency. Since the conflict in Libya, his 80 tons of Au haven't been seen. I can understand that you need to keep telling yourself that the neocon doctrine of enforcing peace is the way to bring democracy to the world in the position you are in. Unfortunately where you are and what you are doing can at times rapidly change your mind.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2014 at 8:39:52 AM permalink

You are starting to catch on. Wars aren't fought over ideology, they are fought for resources, territory etc., but boil it back down and it is money, or something that resembles money.

Some are. Vietnam and Korea to name some recent ones. We had nothing to gain from either country, but we wanted to protect our non Communist Allies. The war on terror is Ideology, I doubt we are getting many valuable resources from Afganistan (in fact we are heavily subiziding Afganistan)

Quote:

Other than 9/11, you don't see Muslims marching on the west. GTFO out of there and mind our own business, these tensions which are none of our business will settle down. Thomas Jefferson wanted us to stay out of foreign matters, as does Ron Paul. Your neocons aren't going to let that happen.

The reason we have a Navy (we never had a standing Navy upon our founding, that's why the Coast Guard is actually older than the Navy), is because Muslim Pirates (the term they used back then) were seizing American merchants in the Medditerian and Africa. Thomas Jefferson negiotated with the Turks and said "Why are you enslaving our traders, America has done nothing to harm or insult the Turkish World". The reply was "Allah gives us a right to enslave all infidels for service". Jefferson paid millions in ransom and bribes to stop the Pirate attacks, but after the bribes did not work, a Navy was founded and the War Began (That is a brief summary, Look into Barbary Wars, as they were called, its a very interesting a little know war. And was our first war with "Islmaic Extremsits".)

Even Rand Paul (his son) supports a campaign against ISIS with bombs.

Quote:

You mentioned our "success" in Libya, that was the most progressive country in the MENA, now it is a two radical faction state, and their light sweet crude sails to China.

Yes, as per Obamas objective it was a success. And many in the Arab world actually fully supported that intervention.

Quote:

Bankers are well known for financing both sides of wars. It seems with all the weapons [US made] that have flowed to Syria the mic is doing quite well there as well. Every secular country in MENA we force regime change, while hundreds of thousands of innocents die.

Its unfortunate, but a reality in every war.

Quote:

The central banks finance this horror with money printed out of thin air, loan it to all governments and receive the Vig. You claim to be a neocon now in your worldview. As people tend to vote their pocket book, it makes me think you feel that when you get out of the "service", you will get a cut of the action somehow?
The first country to get oil contracts in Iraq and Libya was China. That to me was not worth a million lives in Iraq, it certainly wasn't worth the 5 thousand Americans that died for the bankers. It definitely wasn't because of wmd, or the twin towers.

I am. And no I don't get vote with my pocket book. I don't know if you are familiar with the structure of the National Guard. But we are part time Army, owned by the state (I am NJ Guard, 68W medic). We work literally 2 days a month, and barely get paid enough to cover the gas money of driving to our drill site. And I am a low enlisted member. I certainly have no mysterious connections or political contacts. I am deployed now so I am I guess full time Army until my deployment here ends, but normally, its a very small part of my life, and does not effect my views (I was a libertarian the majority of my time in the military. I only changed after studying a lot about radical Islam and other countries in school, as well as gaining less faith in people in general. The military has virtually no impact on my views).

In fact most of my political beleifs are counter my personal interests (or what would be if I "voted with my pocket book"...

But the idea that I have some top secret banker job waiting for me is absurd. I am still in college, studying biological anthropology. And my aspiration is to study human evolution. Actually my studies of how primates evolve has contributed more to my view than anything. In my opinion its a good proof of why we need structure in the world. There is a reason some primates such as the neathdrallts got wiped out by their competitors (us humans).

Quote:

When Saddam went to a gold back dinar, the war started. Same thing with Khadafi who wanted an All African gold backed currency. Since the conflict in Libya, his 80 tons of Au haven't been seen. I can understand that you need to keep telling yourself that the neocon doctrine of enforcing peace is the way to bring democracy to the world in the position you are in. Unfortunately where you are and what you are doing can at times rapidly change your mind.

I don't know the details on this so I don't want to speculate. But this sounds like its from some conspiracy theorists site.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 3rd, 2014 at 11:03:50 AM permalink

Some are. Vietnam and Korea to name some recent ones.

Quote:

We had nothing to gain from either country, but we wanted to protect our non Communist Allies. The war on terror is Ideology, I doubt we are getting many valuable resources from Afganistan (in fact we are heavily subiziding Afganistan)

Oh my, this is getting long. It seems you are able to throw opinions out and somehow I need to provide evidence to the contrary, with links and it still doesn't hold up? It does seem a bit like you are softening, whew. Ok, I will try some more. But you are going to have to use the word "conspiracy" more sparingly. If at all possible, save it for when I start bringing up ufo's or bigfoot. I know next to Zip about Korea other than it's strategic location, as is Vietnam. Their coastlines adjacent the China sea and military bases are close to the Red Menace.

Vietnam; The Australians and French were in there before us, drilling for oil and farming cacao. The french are back growing cocoa which is world class quality.
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~tpilsch/Vietnam.html

Afghanistan; Strategic location for an oil pipeline to the ocean from the "Stan" countries. The recent Pres. Karzai worked for Unocal managing an oil pipeline well before the current conflict.http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2013/november/24/can-karzai-save-us.aspx
Also see this;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnp7qXjpgRs There has been admitted long time knowledge of a trillion dollars in minerals. China has been mining them during the conflict as well as building a pipeline Across Afg, during the conflict. Lots of resources if you are interested with easy search.

Quote:

The reason we have a Navy (we never had a standing Navy upon our founding, that's why the Coast Guard is actually older than the Navy), is because Muslim Pirates (the term they used back then) were seizing American merchants in the Medditerian and Africa. Thomas Jefferson negiotated with the Turks and said "Why are you enslaving our traders, America has done nothing to harm or insult the Turkish World". The reply was "Allah gives us a right to enslave all infidels for service". Jefferson paid millions in ransom and bribes to stop the Pirate attacks, but after the bribes did not work, a Navy was founded and the War Began (That is a brief summary, Look into Barbary Wars, as they were called, its a very interesting a little know war. And was our first war with "Islmaic Extremsits".)

Even Rand Paul (his son) supports a campaign against ISIS with bombs.

I think Rand fell a long way from the tree. I think he is becoming more of a "tool" all the time. Still he is better than most.

Pirates? You are going to tell me the pirates were predominantly Muslims? I think they were mostly British. Sure, there is/were plenty of thieves that were pirates, lots of them ordained by the British [buccaneers] or the Portugese who brought most of the slaves to the new world.http://www.privateerdragons.com/pirates_famous.html Interesting who owned 4 our of 5 of the biggest slave ships that arrived at New York with human cargo. It is opportunity, and immoral slavery. Today it is estimated there are up to 18000 humans "trafficked" into the US yearly NOW. I have not one word of praise for anyone involved with slavery. Regardless of nation or religion. Because I don't want the west to spend it all combatting the Muslims is not an endorsement of Allah, not at all. The Ottoman empire was a world power for sure, trafficking in everything, as were the Portugese, and the Britts, there are no innocents. But you don't have to follow it back very far to find a greedy banker. http://wgbhnews.org/post/human-trafficking-modern-day-slavery-america
I have read that the "Arab Spring" which started in Tunisia started over the price of commodity's. Namely wheat or corn. Do to the "tbtf" banks exporting inflation to those MENA countries where people were making 3 dollars per day, food prices locally doubled and tripled rapidly. There income couldn't withstand the inflation and they know what caused it. Also, there were competing banking practices between the west and the "sharia" bank which does not allow for interest on loans.

Quote:

Yes, as per Obamas objective it was a success. And many in the Arab world actually fully supported that intervention.

Obama, does what he is told, just like Bush, Clinton, Bush, all the way back to Kennedy, [well I guess if you are looking for a conspiracy we could look at the lone gunmen?]. The Arab world supported Obama bombing Muhammar??? The usual suspects. The french ran out of munitions after the 3rd day. [side note; that reminded me on a documentary about the Normandy invasion. Marines were found wandering around after the third day. They had no orders because the military planners hadn't expected any of them to live that long] Anyway, the first oil company into Libya after the "conflict" was Chinese, I think "CNOOC"?

Quote:

Its unfortunate, but a reality in every war.

Quote:

I certainly have no mysterious connections or political contacts. I only changed after studying a lot about radical Islam[key word radical as well as gaining less faith in people in general.the better you will like dogs The military has virtually no impact on my views, give it time

Quote:

But the idea that I have some top secret banker job waiting for me is absurd.

Laughable even. " I am still in college, studying biological anthropology." And my aspiration is to study human evolution. Interesting
Quote:

There is a reason some primates such as the neathdrallts

careful, you are talking about my family,,,,,,,got wiped out by their competitors (us humans).
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2014 at 11:23:57 AM permalink

Pirates? You are going to tell me the pirates were predominantly Muslims? I think they were mostly British. Sure, there is/were plenty of thieves that were pirates, lots of them ordained by the British [buccaneers] or the Portugese who brought most of the slaves to the new world.http://www.privateerdragons.com/pirates_famous.html Interesting who owned 4 our of 5 of the biggest slave ships that arrived at New York with human cargo. It is opportunity, and immoral slavery. Today it is estimated there are up to 18000 humans "trafficked" into the US yearly NOW. I have not one word of praise for anyone involved with slavery. Regardless of nation or religion. Because I don't want the west to spend it all combatting the Muslims is not an endorsement of Allah, not at all. The Ottoman empire was a world power for sure, trafficking in everything, as were the Portugese, and the Britts, there are no innocents. But you don't have to follow it back very far to find a greedy banker. http://wgbhnews.org/post/human-trafficking-modern-day-slavery-america
I have read that the "Arab Spring" which started in Tunisia started over the price of commodity's. Namely wheat or corn. Do to the "tbtf" banks exporting inflation to those MENA countries where people were making 3 dollars per day, food prices locally doubled and tripled rapidly. There income couldn't withstand the inflation and they know what caused it. Also, there were competing banking practices between the west and the "sharia" bank which does not allow for interest on loans.

If you don't think the Barbary pirates were predominantly Muslim, then you don't know history. The "pirates" (America's term because of their action) were actually the Navy for the Muslim caliphate. So yes the Turkish "pirates" (again bad term, not mine, as they were actually their Navy) were all Muslim as they were required to be...

And yes by their interpretation (you can read the letters between Jefferson and their emissary) they had a right to enslave Americans because they were infidels. Ironically European countries with strong Navies were mysteriously bothered less by them. But America was an easy target back then.

And I have never demanded that you show evidence. I have only crtized links you provide that are on clearly non academic commerlized cites (if you are going to post links, which again I have never "demanded" , you should post proper articles). You are setting up a lot of strawmen and selective quotes...
petroglyph
petroglyph
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 3rd, 2014 at 2:02:05 PM permalink

Ironically European countries with strong Navies were mysteriously bothered less by them. But America was an easy target back then.

The way I learned it the Europeans just paid the tribute demanded while we decided we were not going to pay, knowing even then that to do so would make us a target worldwide.
Gandler
Gandler
December 3rd, 2014 at 2:14:33 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

The way I learned it the Europeans just paid the tribute demanded while we decided we were not going to pay, knowing even then that to do so would make us a target worldwide.

Yes, true. We did pay not the tributes per say, but the ransoms to release the prisoners. And that did not deter it to keep happening. So Jefferson got sick of paying absurd amounts of money year after year, they decided to take the battle to the Turkish Navies.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 7th, 2014 at 7:43:26 PM permalink
Dec. 7th 1941, a day of infamy.

http://youtu.be/aU6a75KmIaA
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 11th, 2014 at 8:44:42 PM permalink

Quote:

I am still in college, studying biological anthropology. And my aspiration is to study human evolution.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

From the article: "Social science is being militarised to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements"

"Last year, the DoD's Minerva Initiative funded a project to determine 'Who Does Not Become a Terrorist, and Why?'"

http://cidse.engineering.asu.edu/minerva-initiative-project-recognized-by-dod/

Read the first article and put your interests and your current employer together, maybe make some money doing what you love.

Also maybe get a chance to straighten out some muslims. Those Wahhabists are really not friends, even if they are rich and influential.
Gandler
Gandler
December 11th, 2014 at 9:22:09 PM permalink

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/earth-insight/2014/jun/12/pentagon-mass-civil-breakdown

From the article: "Social science is being militarised to develop 'operational tools' to target peaceful activists and protest movements"

"Last year, the DoD's Minerva Initiative funded a project to determine 'Who Does Not Become a Terrorist, and Why?'"

http://cidse.engineering.asu.edu/minerva-initiative-project-recognized-by-dod/

Read the first article and put your interests and your current employer together, maybe make some money doing what you love.

Also maybe get a chance to straighten out some muslims. Those Wahhabists are really not friends, even if they are rich and influential.

Its an interesting article. And its a great thing to look into. But I have nothing to do with that if that is what you are implying. I applied to study biological anthropology from high school. I did not enlist into the Part-time Army until I was 21 (if you asked me in high school or my first 2 years of college if I would ever join the military I probably would have laughed at you). The fact that I am in the part time military has nothing to do with my civilian life. I joined because of my views, it did not shape my views. I like to shape the world, I don't allow the world to shape me, which is why I identify as a Neoconservative. There is much that we need to change in the world.

I doubt I will ever make a career out of the military, if anything I may stay Reserves in case of emergency and so I can feel that I do my part.

And I would love to straighten out a large number of religious people, not just Muslims (though in this debate that is the most relevant religion in Middle Eastern politics for obvious reasons), but by straighten out I mean debate and enlightenment as Richard Dawkins has been doing, he is one of my great heroes. I probably have been more influenced by him than anyone... But influenced is the wrong word, I would say open-minded against religious mindsets which cause most of the problems in the world. I ultimately would like to become a writer.

But I can assure you I have no involvement in any top secret social program... If I did, I doubt I would be on a public gambling forum arguing about foreign policy in a way that many view as controversial ...
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 11th, 2014 at 9:49:54 PM permalink

Quote:

But I can assure you I have no involvement in any top secret social program

No, I have no doubt about you being 007 or super sleuth or anything of the sort. Just a coincidence in my reading I came across the article and I recalled you mentioning it, thought I would toss it out there.

I thought you were the medic for the 5th fleet. j/k

The article when I read it also tied in with you mentioning the national police should be under the HMS versus DOD.
Gandler
Gandler
December 11th, 2014 at 11:27:52 PM permalink

No, I have no doubt about you being 007 or super sleuth or anything of the sort. Just a coincidence in my reading I came across the article and I recalled you mentioning it, thought I would toss it out there.

I thought you were the medic for the 5th fleet. j/k

The article when I read it also tied in with you mentioning the national police should be under the HMS versus DOD.

It would have to fall under HS. DOD can't enforce the law inside American soil, unless there is martial law.

That is the reason the coast guard is not under DOD despite being a military branch because they are the only branch to have a law enforcement job on homeland soil as well as away.

I am National Guard, which is complicated. It is a Reserve Component of the Army (so to join you have to go through Army boot camp and Army training for whatever your job is, then you go home). However, when you are not deployed oversees you work for local state so the state can activate you for emergencies such as hurricanes (not uncommon in NJ). I am NJ Army Guard. So normally one weekend a month I go to the local armory to work and that's it, unless they call you for an emergency or the federal government activates you to deploy oversees (as my unit currently is). That's probably a jumbled definition but it's hard to describe while keeping in context, since the National Guard is strange to explain and even a lot of people in it don't seem to understand the state vs federal ownership over you In various circumstances.
petroglyph
petroglyph
December 16th, 2014 at 3:29:47 PM permalink
Timelapse photography of every nuclear explosion in a little over 14 minutes. It is sort of pretty starting at about 6 minutes in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
December 16th, 2014 at 5:05:40 PM permalink

I am NJ Army Guard. So normally one weekend a month I go to the local armory to work and that's it,

Do they not still have the two-week ANACDUTRA?
Gandler
Gandler
December 16th, 2014 at 5:12:30 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

We do 2 week Summer training. Is that what you mean? I am not familiar with that acronym?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
December 16th, 2014 at 5:32:18 PM permalink

We do 2 week Summer training. Is that what you mean? I am not familiar with that acronym?

It stands (or used to stand) for Annual Active Duty for Training and had to appear on all the relevant orders. AR 10-135 (antique edition).
Gandler
Gandler
December 16th, 2014 at 5:47:47 PM permalink

It stands (or used to stand) for Annual Active Duty for Training and had to appear on all the relevant orders. AR 10-135 (antique edition).

Oh OK, Gotcha. I have just never heard it that way before. Normally we all just call it AT (Annual Training). I have only been in a bit over 2 years, so maybe that is an older generation term (or maybe we are just too lazy to use the full proper term lol)

But, yea in the summer (well technically it can be anytime of year, as long as once a year, but almost all units do it in the summer) the NG usually does 2-4 weeks of training (12 days at minimum, no longer than 30 days). My Unit seems to do about 3 weeks usually based on what I have seen.
  • Jump to: