keypunch
keypunch
  • Threads: 6
May 30th, 2010 at 12:39:52 PM permalink
Unfortunately I visit Vegas once a year as I am from Canada and the air fare is horrendous. this year will be my 7th visit. I usually stay at Bally's. I used to say at Paris but since I did most of my gambling at Bally's I switched. I usually play roulette and slots. I enjoy playing and treat the visit as a good vacation. I stay for 7 days and go though a bankroll of $2100 coming home with mostly losses.

I have been reading a lot of info on this site about comps related to amounts bet. Of course I have a players card and based on their point system I usually get a few bucks ($20) off my room charges and do get offers for free rooms each year tied into regular rates for the other days.

Should I be looking for more comps based on my losses of $1500 each trip? and if so how and where?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 30th, 2010 at 12:59:39 PM permalink
Quote: keypunch

Should I be looking for more comps based on my losses of $1500 each trip? and if so how and where?

The answer that popped into my mind right away was: YES losses of 1500 do merit more than a token amount off your room charges. The WHERE is simple too: NOT Ballys. For SOME unknown reason they do not seem to like you.

If you've been using your players club card and losing that much money then they should know about it. And prior to checking out you should contact a host. Clearly you are not appreciated there. I don't know why.

Some people often ask for meals and tickets and whatever they can get, some people just wait until checking out. Whatever you do at Ballys its not working for you.

The general rule is Play Where You Stay, but that is only a general rule. You might be playing just under their radar if you are losing 300 a day for each of seven days. Perhaps do touristy things for a day and concentrate your gambling in longer sessions? I don't know. Be sure to use your card at the roulette table.

Perhaps its time for you to reconsider where you stay. I don't think you could do worse than Ballys has been treating you.
scotty81
scotty81
  • Threads: 8
May 30th, 2010 at 2:55:08 PM permalink
For some reason, all Harrah's properties (not just Bally's) are table game unfriendly - especially when it comes to roulette. Believe it or not, dollar for dollar action is valued exactly the same between roulette and full pay VP. If you put $10K in action for an hour in either roulette or VP, you will earn exactly the same amount of tier points. However, roulette and other table games will get you better "bonus" points/comps depending upon the house edge of the game.

MGM properties seem to value table game play - especially roulette - much more. If you want to stay on the strip, I would recommend you play at a low/mid range MGM property such as the Monte Carlo or Luxor. You can use this rule of thumb:

For every $1 of "average bet" you can expect to earn $.80 in comps toward your stay. So, if you average $100/bet and play for 4 hours you will have earned $320 in comps. The host has the power to apply this toward your room/food. Plus, this is enough for you to get on their "radar" and receive very good offers.

In theory, you earn the same amount at Harrah's properties, but mostly it goes into their computer and accumulates as "future value" for pretty mediocre offers (until you get to the Diamond level). The "cash" value of $100/bet @ roulette is about $7/hour. In other words, if you play 4 hours @ $100/bet you will earn about 3,000 reward points per hour, or $30. Unless you are a regular player, this is the amount they will credit you at the end of your stay.

Based upon what you say about your play, you would be the King at low/mid MGM properties. Just remember: you must maintain an average bet of at least $25 in order to be rated. You should always ask the pit what your rating is when you end a session.
Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. - Niels Bohr
  • Jump to: