rainy
rainy
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 34
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
December 19th, 2013 at 3:58:36 PM permalink
I'm probably a little late for this, but recently found this and was extremely intrigued. I couldn't find an existing thread about 8City, so I started one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxPUREPROOM

As an American, I'm personally more attracted to 8City rather then Macau. They seem to stray from the "only gambling" idea and endorse entertainment options and family friendly options as well. It also looks like a city straight out of a sci-fi movie.

I really hope this project goes well, would love to visit it one day.

Thoughts?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4300
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
December 19th, 2013 at 5:10:56 PM permalink
Quote: rainy

I'm probably a little late for this, but recently found this and was extremely intrigued. I couldn't find an existing thread about 8City, so I started one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxPUREPROOM

As an American, I'm personally more attracted to 8City rather then Macau. They seem to stray from the "only gambling" idea and endorse entertainment options and family friendly options as well. It also looks like a city straight out of a sci-fi movie.

I really hope this project goes well, would love to visit it one day.

Thoughts?


Looks cool, but I wonder if it will ever get built. It would be awesome if it got half-built like parts of the Vegas strip right now, and the rest turned into a Robocop-style post-apocalyptic wasteland :).

If it gets completed I hope to visit in my retirement years.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
rainy
rainy
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 34
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
December 19th, 2013 at 5:21:44 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Looks cool, but I wonder if it will ever get built. It would be awesome if it got half-built like parts of the Vegas strip right now, and the rest turned into a Robocop-style post-apocalyptic wasteland :).

If it gets completed I hope to visit in my retirement years.



Yeah, I agree with you, doing part by part. But, reading their website, it says it's going to be a one shot single construction plan :(
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
December 19th, 2013 at 5:27:31 PM permalink
Looks cool in theory, but such a big investment...
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
December 19th, 2013 at 8:10:37 PM permalink
Are they really planning to build a 3300 meter long glass penis?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
December 19th, 2013 at 8:22:28 PM permalink
These are their plans.... Funny, I planned to hit the lottery ... didn't happen though.
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
December 19th, 2013 at 8:22:59 PM permalink
Someone better reserve Wizardof8.com before it's too late.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
December 19th, 2013 at 9:19:10 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Are they really planning to build a 3300 meter long glass penis?



Glad it wasn't just me...
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
December 20th, 2013 at 3:17:46 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Glad it wasn't just me...



they already have a metal one in seattle
LarryS
LarryS
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 1410
Joined: Feb 26, 2011
December 20th, 2013 at 3:19:27 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Glad it wasn't just me...[/duplic

odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 327
  • Posts: 9618
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
December 20th, 2013 at 4:02:03 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Are they really planning to build a 3300 meter long glass penis?




I think so

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
December 20th, 2013 at 4:26:32 AM permalink
I wonder what the circle in the middle of that body of water is supposed to be.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
December 20th, 2013 at 6:15:27 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

I wonder what the circle in the middle of that body of water is supposed to be.



nuclear bomb?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
December 20th, 2013 at 8:44:44 AM permalink
I'm confused. The ad specifically says that the city is adjacent to Incheon Airport. That'd put it no more than about 10 miles from Seoul, which is already a giant hub for business and banking. If I were a successful South Korean business owner, why would I move my headquarters from the middle of a vibrant and established city into the head of a giant penis? I mean, it'd be nice to giggle on the way to work everyday, but the laughter is probably not worth the cost...
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 582
Joined: Jun 14, 2011
December 20th, 2013 at 8:53:04 AM permalink
Looks like one of those glass dildo's.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3259
Joined: Jun 10, 2010
December 20th, 2013 at 9:51:53 AM permalink
Quote: Alan

Looks like one of those glass dildo's.

It begs the question, Did anyone stand back for a moment and actually look at the plan? There is no way they could have missed that. Since it was intentional, what are they saying by putting an amusement mark right at the large end?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
rainy
rainy
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 34
Joined: Dec 19, 2013
December 20th, 2013 at 2:43:45 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I'm confused. The ad specifically says that the city is adjacent to Incheon Airport. That'd put it no more than about 10 miles from Seoul, which is already a giant hub for business and banking. If I were a successful South Korean business owner, why would I move my headquarters from the middle of a vibrant and established city into the head of a giant penis? I mean, it'd be nice to giggle on the way to work everyday, but the laughter is probably not worth the cost...


I think it's aimed at foreign business headquarters who wants a base near Seoul, Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, and Vietnam. Since the internet infrastructure is so well set up in South Korea, I wouldn't be surprised at start up companies relocating there for geopolitical reasons as well. Also, it's illegal to gamble in South Korea, so casinos are only aimed at attracting foreigners with foreign passports. I've been to Seven Luck Casino in Seoul, and the only Koreans in there were the dealers, pit bosses, and staffs. With all the gamblers being Chinese, Japanese and European/American.
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
  • Posts: 1728
Joined: Jun 3, 2010
December 20th, 2013 at 6:52:08 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Are they really planning to build a 3300 meter long glass penis?



Be thankful they didn't erect it :P
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
  • Posts: 7895
Joined: Jan 14, 2010
December 21st, 2013 at 4:43:02 AM permalink
The Phallic architecture article in wikipedia shows that this would not be the first time that such a design popped up.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
December 21st, 2013 at 7:20:05 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

The Phallic architecture article in wikipedia shows that this would not be the first time that such a design popped up.



some of those pics are funny but some of them are a real stretch.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: