6 votes (40%)
2 votes (13.33%)
5 votes (33.33%)

15 members have voted

Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 15th, 2013 at 1:21:06 PM permalink
Yeah, I get confused easily CONGRATULATIONS Forget what these losers say. Nothing like a good marriage.

And before the other ACE says it, nothing like a bad marriage.

Have some kids too. My red-headed daughter let me name her first baby.

Her name is Belle Starr. She's 14 now, in honor choir, sings like an angel.

My tag line is the epitaph from the original Belle Starr's headstone.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 15th, 2013 at 1:25:19 PM permalink
Quote: Paigowdan

Our own Mike here knows math (Duh!), and he plays and gambles. God Bless Him. He especially loves prop bets where the math is absent, indeterminate, or a hunch, and so math is NOT involved in gambling.

I think the Wiz might disagree with this...from all of the evidence I have read about the Wizard's sports betting activities, even props, he has the math behind it down. And if he can't calculate what the true line should be based on some evidence (in the case of the NFL, his database of scores and game events from the past), he doesn't bet it. At least that has been my impression.

Quote:

A week from now, Mission146/Pierce will do his "Mission's mission," - which is to scoff down a century of Chicken McNuggets. I'm betting that those looking for leftovers will go home hungry, as does he. Mike is betting on an Olympic Hurling qualifier. This is pure sports betting juice action where NO GLI/BMM report can possibly be written. (I had to strike that because I'm betting no juice will be flying on the 21st.)

I feel like the amount of money being bet on this relegates it to the "fun" category for most people. Sure, juice, action, whatever. And even in this case, I think the Wiz had a good bet when he made it. Recent disclosures about Mission's practice activities have definitely moved the fair line though :)
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
ClarkWGriswold
ClarkWGriswold
  • Threads: 8
December 15th, 2013 at 2:23:10 PM permalink
Didn't read the entire thread, but;
I gamble BECAUSE I know the math!
I know the house has a <1% advantage over me, and playing for small stakes, makes it extremely cheap entertainment.
$5 BJ, $5 Craps, 5c Video Poker, all good cheap fun.
"I am your average American gambling idiot" - Me
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
December 15th, 2013 at 3:19:38 PM permalink
Gambling for me, is an excuse to drink beer.
Each day is better than the next
  • Jump to: