mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
November 10th, 2013 at 6:22:39 AM permalink
I've been working my butt off lately. But I'm taking today off. I would like to post some pictures on WoV of the plays I'm on but when it comes to computers I'm about as smart as a rock. Could someone explain to me how to take a picture from My Documents and put it in a WoV post? Any help is much appreciated. And please. Could you explain it to me like I'm a three year old?
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
November 10th, 2013 at 7:07:14 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

I've been working my butt off lately. But I'm taking today off. I would like to post some pictures on WoV of the plays I'm on but when it comes to computers I'm about as smart as a rock. Could someone explain to me how to take a picture from My Documents and put it in a WoV post? Any help is much appreciated. And please. Could you explain it to me like I'm a three year old?

mickey,

This is coming from someone who is completely frustrated with trying to load pictures on here, so take it with a grain of salt.

1. upload your pictures to a 3rd party photo site, someplace you can share them with friends and family. Two popular ones are photobucket and flickr. I think if they're on facebook or pinterest, that also helps. But you can't upload them directly to this webboard.

2. pretend you're someone else, and call up your photo via the web. If it's going to work on here, you're going to be able to see it if you just go to that page. The reason I say pretend you're someone else, is that when you upload a picture, you're usually inside some kind of secure link, and the link won't work for anyone else if you use that one. So you have to get the public address.

3. copy the URL (the address in the box where the web address is) completely by clicking it until it's all in blue, then right-click on that, and go down the menu it displays to "copy".

4. come here and start a thread, or reply to someone's post, including your own.

5. this is a bracket inside two brackets: [ [ ] . Type a bracket then "img=" (without the quotes; just the 3 letters and the equal sign) then right-click again and select "paste" from the menu; the address you copied gets pasted into your post. finish the sentence with a close bracket.

6. preview your post with the buttons below; if the picture's going to display, you can see it then. if not, you'll see a little outline box with a red "x" in it.

Good luck!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EdgeLooker
EdgeLooker
  • Threads: 21
November 10th, 2013 at 7:38:31 AM permalink
Like BBB said.
#5 was the easiest for me:

After right clicking on the pic and then clicked on "Copy Image Location", I then pasted it in the post. The image location was http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/MAZDA_CARGIVEAWAY_wg.jpg
I then added the "[ immediately followed by img=" in the front and the " ] " at the end.

mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 10th, 2013 at 8:41:38 AM permalink
deleted
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
November 10th, 2013 at 8:48:06 AM permalink
Quote: EdgeLooker

Like BBB said.
#5 was the easiest for me:

After right clicking on the pic and then clicked on "Copy Image Location", I then pasted it in the post. The image location was http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/MAZDA_CARGIVEAWAY_wg.jpg
I then added the "[ immediately followed by img=" in the front and the " ] " at the end.

EdgeLooker and Babs, it will take my ignorant self three days to figure out how to do all this. I wanted to show WoV'ers what a real advantage play looks like....and describe the strategy behind it. So I was wondering if I could email the pictures to either one of you and get you to post them on WoV and name the thread Chambers of Gold. If you will do it for me then email me at mickeycrimm@yahoo.com and I will send you the pictures.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 10th, 2013 at 8:51:20 AM permalink
go to www.tinypic.com click on CHOOSE FILE
then click UPLOAD NOW
copy the link contained in DIRECT LINK FOR LAYOUTS

go into the thread you want to post the pic in and type:

[img=

put the link directly after the equals sign and close it with a bracket
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 10th, 2013 at 9:07:37 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

then click UPLOAD NOW

[

There you go, mickey; that looks very simple compared to either photobucket or flickr, or googleplus, all of which I've found to be more trouble than they're worth. However, I'm emailing you now, and you can return your pics and I'll attempt the tinypic link above on your behalf.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 10th, 2013 at 9:15:17 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote: aceofspades

then click UPLOAD NOW

[

There you go, mickey; that looks very simple compared to either photobucket or flickr, or googleplus, all of which I've found to be more trouble than they're worth. However, I'm emailing you now, and you can return your pics and I'll attempt the tinypic link above on your behalf.

This is Murphy, my dog, via tinypic:

Thanks, ace!!! I can finally do this! What a battle!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
November 10th, 2013 at 9:24:42 AM permalink
Glad it worked for you!!! Post away!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
November 10th, 2013 at 10:16:54 AM permalink
mickey's thread is called Chambers of Gold, and starts here
  • Jump to: