kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
August 1st, 2013 at 5:18:28 PM permalink
I am surprised no Riley Cooper comments chatter. So I will start.

First of all, I am a big Eagles fan, a big Philadelphia sports fan in general. I was an Eagles season ticket holder and while not a Phillies season ticket holder, I attended 30-40 games per year during my last few years in Philly. So the fact that 7 days into the Eagles training camp, the news has been dominated by the loss of 2 starting players for the year and now this Riley Cooper fiasco, is well....disturbing. it's not what those of us looking for a new Eagles 'era' were hoping for. :-(

So Mr Cooper, born and raised in the deep south used the 'N' word, while in a drunken confrontation at a Kenny Chesney concert.

Where do I begin. Lol. First of all Kenny Chesney.... please. Lol. I don't know Mr Cooper, but this just screams racial redneck. Born and raised in the deep south, country music and all. I get the feeling this story doesn't surprise those who know Riley Cooper. I also suspect it doesn't surprise his teammates all that much. You get to know teammates and what they are really all about, even without confirmation from an incident like this.

Now let's look a little deeper. This incident happened 6 weeks ago. Funny, no heart felt apology from Cooper in all that time until the video goes public and he is 'forced' to. That tells me a little something. Now the Eagles organization response. A fine (save face) and ordered counceling. Counceling??? Why, that tells me this probably isn't a one time thing, that they recognise he has issues. I can't imagine the Eagles lockeroom, will be a pleasant place for Cooper. Despite saying the right things, I don't see this as a forgive and forget moment from his mostly black teammates.

Thoughts??

So as a fan, looking for a new fresh start, I am pretty bummed out about just how the Eagles have managed to stay in the news the last week.
  • Jump to: