desertair
desertair
  • Threads: 13
July 31st, 2013 at 9:38:10 PM permalink
For those of us living in states with no-dice/no-ball gaming laws, have you seen much progress locally by politicians to undo those laws? Here in Oklahoma, we are not allowed to have gaming that involves an outcome determined by dice or roulette balls, but we have pretty much everything else (even Keno is actually starting to gain some motion here).

However, we do have at the current time, video roulette machines, as well as card-based roulette and craps tables, but they are rare and the action is dull.

I finally learned how to play craps on my most recent trip to LV so I've been itching to play again now that I'm home, but there is nothing to fulfill the itch. I'll even take one of those Organic Craps or Shoot to Win Craps games with the dice popper.

*edit - OK so I'm off here. I don't know if OK gaming laws will allow it, but apparently the slot-type craps machines are OK in states with restrictions. Here is where I found out: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/5769-organic-craps-new-automated-craps/
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 31st, 2013 at 9:49:53 PM permalink
If you are in Oklahoma and desperate... hitchhike to Vegas and get a good deal for your dollar.
desertair
desertair
  • Threads: 13
July 31st, 2013 at 11:12:26 PM permalink
Not desperate, but it would make me feel better to know that blue laws are getting repealed.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 31st, 2013 at 11:24:14 PM permalink
It happens sometimes, but often very slowly unless the state actively pushes a pro-gambling agenda. And at this point, I doubt Oklahoma is pushing it given the beliefs of the average Oklahoman. One of the bigger things I can recall happening in recent years is the addition of live table games at Harrah's Cherokee (North Carolina). I don't see OK doing it too soon either, because there aren't too many markets with "Vegas Style" table games siphoning them off nearby. Where is the nearest place doing that, Shreveport? Wichita?

Looking up the Kansas Star website, I got a kick out of this...

Enjoy live dealers for all of our games, including craps and roulette, and a classic game of Blackjack with no ante--just like Vegas!
  • Jump to: