KB1
KB1
  • Threads: 3
July 28th, 2013 at 2:20:39 PM permalink
Hey yall,
Why can't I put my money directly in the craps dealer's hand,but when a die leaves the table the dealer asks for the die to be put directly in their hand?

KB1
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 28th, 2013 at 3:03:07 PM permalink
I don't have an answer for you, but this has bugged the hell out of me for some time. I, too, would greatly appreciate an answer.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
July 28th, 2013 at 3:15:37 PM permalink
I have always assumed it was to make sure new dice hadn't already been chosen and released to the shooter. Having 3 or 4 dice on table in the middle of roll could create some interesting scenerios.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
July 28th, 2013 at 3:17:05 PM permalink
First, a die isn't money. Second, if you put the die on the table, it will slow up the game. Otherwise, the shooter may throw the dice, and there could be problems with 3 dice on the table.

EDITED TO ADD:
Quote: kenarman

I have always assumed it was to make sure new dice hadn't already been chosen and released to the shooter. Having 3 or 4 dice on table in the middle of roll could create some interesting scenerios.

+1
Fighting BS one post at a time!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 28th, 2013 at 3:22:51 PM permalink
Simple. The most tempting target for anyone's fingers is always cash. That is why it is placed down in front of the dealer and positioned by him for the camera and then counted and put in a clear plastic drop box with a handle-less paddle.

The die: An errant die is dangerous. If a would be helpful player or bystander picks it up and drops it down there could be utter chaos if a roll is taking place. The suits want to see the die examined and handed to the box for further examination. There will often be a serial number check done too. Offering the next shooter FOUR instead of Five dice is permissible. They want to take time to make sure that "fifth" die ain't an imposter. It will be introduced into play ONLY by the Box, not anyone else, so it doesn't touch the layout until examined by the box.

By the way, I often refuse to pick up a die that is on the floor next to me. Drives the crew mad perhaps but I just don't want any arguments. One box man commented on how I clear my hand when shooting. It was just a habit.
  • Jump to: