kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
June 8th, 2013 at 9:00:56 AM permalink
I am only a casual horse racing fan. I usually only pay attention to the triple crown and breeder cup races, but this video of the Brooklyn Handicap yesterday at Belmont Park caught my eye. This is the most amazing race I have ever seen. Calidioscopio trailed by as much as 30 lengths before rallying to win. He was so far out of it that he isn't in most of the video. Even entering the stretch, he is about 15 lengths back. Those that bet on him probably knew he was a come-from-behinder, but I'll bet there were still a few folks who threw away their tickets during the race. lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-turnstile/belmont-stakes-warmup-sees-stunning-come-behind-finish-034032861.html
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
June 11th, 2013 at 8:12:16 AM permalink
Wow...I would have ripped my ticket up before the half. Biggest comeback I ever saw.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
June 11th, 2013 at 8:21:03 AM permalink
Well, I think it was more like 20 lengths. But yes, great close by Calidoscopio. It wasn't a complete surprise because he did win the Breeders' Cup Marathon last year, and this was a marathon-type distance.

Another interesting part about this is that he is a 10 year old, which is way past the age horses generally stop competing at a high level.

If you want to see the most amazing race ever, check out Spicer Cub and his last race. Another candidate is Afleet Alex in the Preakness who falls to his knees in the stretch and gets up to win. Finally, look at almost any Zenyatta race. She closed from the clouds 20 times and won 19 (almost 20) The Breeders Cup 2009 win was unreal. Nothing more exciting than a deep closer.
  • Jump to: