Thread Rating:

chaunceyb3
chaunceyb3
  • Threads: 22
March 17th, 2013 at 7:49:49 PM permalink
Your live updates and trip reports are what inspired me to post.

Hopefully I'll still see you in Ultra Lounge.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 17th, 2013 at 7:53:32 PM permalink
Quote: chaunceyb3

Your live updates and trip reports are what inspired me to post.

Hopefully I'll still see you in Ultra Lounge.

I am humbled.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
March 17th, 2013 at 7:55:59 PM permalink
It's disappointing to see you leaving, ace. If you don't mind me asking, can you elaborate at all on what you mean by someone trying to insert themselves into your life?

Say hello if you see me or chauncey at the PG tiles down in AC.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 17th, 2013 at 7:56:25 PM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

Mine was an anonymous note left on my car after a close game early in my umpiring career.

This person did not leave me a note or confront me in any way- they chose to do it surreptitiously.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 211
March 17th, 2013 at 7:56:26 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

@kewl I am sorry you were physically threatened with violence based upon your postings, that is horrific. So how was it that you did not go with your knee-jerk reaction? How did the violent situation resolve itself? As I am not a professional player and do not rely upon gaming to live my life, the fact that this person is attenpting to affect all areas of my life from some underground lair disturbs me.

Well, I did go with my knee jerk reaction. :( My incident took place 30 yards out front of my condo building, so this person was aware of where I lived. I figured just ceasing posting wouldn't be enough. I came up with a stupid idiotic plan of letting it be known that I had passed away, that backfired and hurt some of the members of the site that I was participating on at the time. After that plan backfired, I realized that I had let this incident and this creep, control me. So rather than stop posting or start posting under a different handle, as I still had the option at that time, I continued posting with the same handle and refused to let someone else have that glory of being in control of my actions. I just vowed to learn from the situation. But that is the way I feel about most negative experiences. Learn. Adjust. Move forward.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 17th, 2013 at 7:57:53 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

It's disappointing to see you leaving, ace. If you don't mind me asking, can you elaborate at all on what you mean by someone trying to insert themselves into your life?

Say hello if you see me or chauncey at the PG tiles down in AC.

Per my discussion with the Wiz, the details shall remain confidential in case someone else experiences it so we can put two and two together.
Of course will say hi and sit a spell.
maryjo
maryjo
  • Threads: 0
March 17th, 2013 at 8:22:15 PM permalink
Hopefully you won't go far and will be back soon. I always enjoyed your posts and, believe it or not, learned a lot. You will be missed.
"In an insane society the sane man appears to be insane." Spock to Capt. Kirk
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
March 17th, 2013 at 8:24:18 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

I just vowed to learn from the situation. But that is the way I feel about most negative experiences. Learn. Adjust. Move forward.

And this is why I hang out on an Internet forum or two. Outstanding Life advice. Kudos.
whatme
whatme
  • Threads: 7
March 17th, 2013 at 10:09:37 PM permalink
Ace it's sad to see you go. Hopefully things will work out soon. I for one will miss your trip reports.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2013 at 6:47:03 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Well, I did go with my knee jerk reaction. :( My incident took place 30 yards out front of my condo building, so this person was aware of where I lived. I figured just ceasing posting wouldn't be enough. I came up with a stupid idiotic plan of letting it be known that I had passed away, that backfired and hurt some of the members of the site that I was participating on at the time. After that plan backfired, I realized that I had let this incident and this creep, control me. So rather than stop posting or start posting under a different handle, as I still had the option at that time, I continued posting with the same handle and refused to let someone else have that glory of being in control of my actions. I just vowed to learn from the situation. But that is the way I feel about most negative experiences. Learn. Adjust. Move forward.

WOW - I hope you didn't try to collect any insurance money on your fake death lol
But, if you kept posting, were there any other run-ins with the individual?

• Jump to: