odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 8564
December 9th, 2012 at 7:16:15 AM permalink
uh-oh, the "meanies" are back!
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
midwestgb
midwestgb
Joined: Dec 8, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 465
December 9th, 2012 at 7:21:43 AM permalink
To the contrary. I largely ignored the prior thread and intend to ignore this one. My concern lies with our female member and her overall well-being.
tsmith
tsmith
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 272
December 9th, 2012 at 7:35:52 AM permalink
If by "meany" you mean someone who thinks it is wrong to reward bad behavior, or someone who thinks that money should not be used as an incentive for everything, or someone who thinks that grown-ups should act like grown-ups and be responsible for their own actions and not expect the world to owe them anything for it, then yes, I am a meany.

Are you people so hard up for a bet that you have to do this again? Aren't there two roaches crawling up a wall somewhere that you can bet on instead?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 111
  • Posts: 7968
December 9th, 2012 at 7:52:48 AM permalink
Quote: tsmith

If by "meany" you mean someone who thinks it is wrong to reward bad behavior, or someone who thinks that money should not be used as an incentive for everything, or someone who thinks that grown-ups should act like grown-ups and be responsible for their own actions and not expect the world to owe them anything for it, then yes, I am a meany.

Are you people so hard up for a bet that you have to do this again? Aren't there two roaches crawling up a wall somewhere that you can bet on instead?



I am involved because the ups and downs, trials and tribulations, all come at a very inexpensive cost to me. I had a ball during the 9 months of HBC 1. And seeing HB at 135 will be worth the investment for me, and the Wiz as well. Should HB do this on her own with no outside financial motive... of course!! This new bet will be costing me less than $2 a day..... I hope we can make it happen! Come on, tsmith... stop being a meany and bet $50 against HB!
tsmith
tsmith
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 272
December 9th, 2012 at 10:44:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am involved because the ups and downs, trials and tribulations, all come at a very inexpensive cost to me.



The cost is irrelevant. That you, who is supposedly so against obesity and its health consequences, are willing to continue to excuse this type of grand-scale yo-yo dieting and indeed are happy to pay to have it continue, is unbelieveable.

First, do no harm, remember? Are you not harming HB by being so nonchalant about such a big weight gain in such a short time? Are you not harming everyone else you preach to about avoiding obesity by not only enabling, but outright promoting someone who can only be called a professional dieter?

Quote: SOOPOO

And seeing HB at 135 will be worth the investment for me



I weigh 135; give me $500 and I'll send you a picture of myself.

Quote: SOOPOO

Come on, tsmith... stop being a meany and bet $50 against HB!



You gotta be effin' kiddin' me. I'd rather bet on the roaches.
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 320
  • Posts: 7022
December 9th, 2012 at 10:45:34 AM permalink
Were she but a contestant in a real life version of "Hunger Games" ...
"What, me worry?"
sodawater
sodawater
Joined: May 14, 2012
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
December 9th, 2012 at 10:52:45 AM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
Joined: Nov 23, 2009
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 639
December 9th, 2012 at 11:03:15 AM permalink
Quote: tsmith

I'd rather bet on the roaches.

+1
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 3815
December 9th, 2012 at 11:13:01 AM permalink
Naw, forget it.
NO KILL I
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
December 9th, 2012 at 11:18:09 AM permalink
Second seasons that have the same theme as the first season are always painful to watch.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

  • Jump to: