Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 12th, 2012 at 9:30:19 AM permalink
Sure do. I am not lawsuit vulnerable. Only income is SS.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 12th, 2012 at 9:33:25 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

I cower to no one ... but in this case ... okay:

<humbly bow>Mr. W.</humbly bow>

... I do want to go home, after all ... I've said what I wanted to say ... I'm outta this one ... Kansas has a lot of dirt left to sweep and I'm just about fed up with this old broom ...

--Ms. D.

What happened to " I'm outta this one " ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 12th, 2012 at 11:11:56 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

Surely you don't think you can get away with plagiarism ...

--Ms. D.

Don't call him Shirley!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 12th, 2012 at 11:13:56 AM permalink
Call me anything but late for dinner is my motto. But you can call me anytime.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 12th, 2012 at 11:22:40 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Call me anything but late for dinner is my motto. But you can call me anytime.

I'll call you, maybe...

Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 12th, 2012 at 11:47:34 AM permalink
Maybe ? Really ?

When a woman says she will call you after a date, she means tomorrow.

When a man say he will call you after a date, he means before he dies !
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 180
December 12th, 2012 at 12:00:05 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

I'll call you, maybe...

NO KILL I
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
December 12th, 2012 at 10:57:50 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

How about a challenge as to which member has the greatest net weight loss between October 17, 2012 and WoVCon ]I[, with periods of weight gain allowed, just working to the disadvantage for a net loss? Of course, most members who might be seriously interested in losing weight (a common New Year's resolution) probably have neither the proof of what they weighed on that "starting" date nor any real compulsion to feel that someone should financially reimburse them for losing weight.

If we are talking about other members losing weight, I am interested.

I worked out with a personal trainer from February to June of this year, but never really lost a lot of weight, just got stronger. I would like to be as thin as my spouse (some people have met him). I have also been meaning to race the Wizard this year (now would be a good time to do it since I have not been running that much lately).

Right now I am about 202 (it hurt to see that number), when I was in high school I weighed 152. I don't know if I can get that low, but I would like to weigh less than 160 by the first day of summer 2013 (June 21). I have been lifting more, and I know that muscle can add weight (but right now the majority of my weight is definitely not muscle). I had a personal trainer evaluate my body fat % last month and he said I was about 23%, so it is overweight.

I am thinking the challenge could be to weigh less than 160 or have a body fat % less than 10% on June 21. If both happen that is fine too! I agree with DOC that I should not be financially reimbursed, but a donation to a charity would be nice (we can decide it later). I can take pix and blog if anyone is interested. I can keep my challenge drama free (I guess it will be boring...)

I just started this workout 4 Day Maximum Muscle The 5 minute burn periods are brutal, I have not been able to go more than 15 reps without pausing. I also tried yoga for the first time and it was really interesting. Flexibility is one of my weakest areas.

Anyway if I can get some people interested in my progress and maybe some pledges of about $100 (yeah thats it only a hundred) I will be extra motivated to share my experience.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1387
December 13th, 2012 at 4:37:05 AM permalink
Quote: Nick

I would like to be as thin as my spouse

No! He is much too thin. I think 160 is sounds like a good goal.

I don't profess to be a health and exercise expert, but I think for what you want you should emphasize cardiovascular exercises as opposed to weight lifting.

Since you have helped me many times, here is what I propose. On June 21 I'll give you $50 if you get to 160, plus another $50 if you can beat me in a five-mile race. This is totally a free roll.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
rudeboyoi
rudeboyoi
  • Threads: 27
December 13th, 2012 at 6:14:04 AM permalink
Quote: NicksGamingStuff

I just started this workout 4 Day Maximum Muscle The 5 minute burn periods are brutal, I have not been able to go more than 15 reps without pausing.

this sounds similar to what we would refer to as lactates in swimming. youd swim real hard. then rest for a moment. swim real hard. then rest for a moment. and so on. it would get you used to the lactic acid (the burning sensation) that builds up in your muscles. lactic acid is produced when your body turns glucose into energy without using oxygen.

• Jump to: