CrystalMath
CrystalMath 
  • Threads: 8
December 11th, 2012 at 2:43:50 PM permalink
I am disgusted at the thought of another HB challenge.

How about we host a weight gain challenge, which will be only slightly less healthy than this one. It will be like the "King-size Homer" episode of the Simpsons. The financial reward will be someone getting on disability pay.

To quote Dr. Nick, when rubbing fatty food onto paper, "It' your window to weight gain."
I heart Crystal Math.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
December 11th, 2012 at 4:09:07 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

I am disgusted at the thought of another HB challenge.

How about we host a weight gain challenge, which will be only slightly less healthy than this one. It will be like the "King-size Homer" episode of the Simpsons. The financial reward will be someone getting on disability pay.

To quote Dr. Nick, when rubbing fatty food onto paper, "It' your window to weight gain."

I love that idea.

Going from working stiff to government disability and free Obama healthcare would be the ultimate advantage play.
Order from chaos
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 11th, 2012 at 4:10:33 PM permalink
Yeah that $510 a month and food stamps, you will live like a king.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
December 11th, 2012 at 4:31:58 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

Yeah that $510 a month and food stamps, you will live like a king.

+ Section 8 and the part time gig you do under the table for some spending $$,

If you can swallow where you would have to live to get Sec 8, the gig can look appealing on those days when life sucks.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2012 at 4:34:48 PM permalink
That sounds yummy!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 11th, 2012 at 4:39:07 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
December 11th, 2012 at 4:55:40 PM permalink
Quote: CrystalMath

How about we host a weight gain challenge, which will be only slightly less healthy than this one.

It's been in place and fattening 'em up across town in Las Vegas for years.

It's spelled "B-U-F-F-E-T."
"What, me worry?"
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
December 11th, 2012 at 5:18:42 PM permalink
How about a challenge as to which member has the greatest net weight loss between October 17, 2012 and WoVCon ]I[, with periods of weight gain allowed, just working to the disadvantage for a net loss? Of course, most members who might be seriously interested in losing weight (a common New Year's resolution) probably have neither the proof of what they weighed on that "starting" date nor any real compulsion to feel that someone should financially reimburse them for losing weight.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
December 11th, 2012 at 5:24:55 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Of course, most members ... have neither the proof of what they weighed on that "starting" date nor any real compulsion to feel that someone should financially reimburse them for losing weight.

Key word: "most."
"What, me worry?"
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 11th, 2012 at 7:34:15 PM permalink
Put me in the " other" category. On Nov 4 weighed 221. Now weigh 204. Looking at 180 or less by May 16, my 73rd birthday.
Went from only pill I ever took was baby aspirin, and only started them 6 months ago.
After heart attack, taking Lisinopril, atorvastatin, metoprolol, and clopidogrel. Will be on all 4 for a year, then drop 2.

Blood thinner working, cause I bleed like a stuck pig now, take forever to clot. Plus bruise easily.

Used to kid about all my friends from the old days being in jail or dead. Now I can drop the " in jail" part.

Good health ought to be enough of an incentive for anyone who is obese, but sadly it is not.

I am still amazed I never see kids playing outside anymore, even on weekends and summer days.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet

• Jump to: