Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 10th, 2012 at 9:32:49 PM permalink
I enjoyed my 3 days.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
December 10th, 2012 at 9:37:15 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
drjohnny
drjohnny
  • Threads: 32
December 10th, 2012 at 9:39:47 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

She is asking for wagers on losing 45 pounds (roughly 180 to 135) in 4 months, which is 11.25 pounds per month.

She could easily win this bet if she lost 25 lbs of fat and muscle over 4 months (only 6.25 lbs per month) and cut 20 lbs of water weight in a sauna the day of the weigh-in.

Most UFC fighters cut about 20 lbs of water weight in one day in order to make weight for the official weigh-in that's 24 hours before their fight. Some are insane enough to cut over 30 lbs, if you can believe that.

To make this bet legit, HotBlonde should have to lose 45 lbs of PURE FAT. Her body fat percentage could easily be measured by a licensed trainer at a gym with body calipers.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 10th, 2012 at 10:47:15 PM permalink

Stay tuned for sentencing.

I should know better than to ask (hell, i do), but how long will Dorothy be suspended for trolling?

Come on, she was doing nothing so much like trying to get a reaction from HB.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 10th, 2012 at 11:16:07 PM permalink

Despite what some have suggested, I higly doubt HB put on all that weight to win $750. Whatever her demons are, and we all have some, I think she will be happier and more confident at a healthy body weight.

I tend to agree with this. I don't think HB gained the weight back on purpose to purposely game more gamblers out of more money.

Personally, I'm a little sad for HB that she put 30 pounds back on so quickly. Being one of the few forum members to have met her in person, she looked great at 150 and I don't think she needed to lose any more at that point - but I digress.

I'm a little torn about whether to participate in this challenge. I want to drop $100 on the even-money bet, but I really want to incentivize HB to keep the weight off.

Quote: RaleighCraps

If the bettors were serious about helping HB gain a healthier life, then the bet would not only be to attain 135 lbs by May 29, but also KEEP the weight below 140 through June and July. Then you have truly accomplished a life style change.

I think this would be great. The bet would have two parts:
1) Get to 135 by May 29th or whatever
2) MAINTAIN a weight of 135, to be measured again on July 29th or July 31st or something.

I tend to think even money is about right for part 1, but for the whole potato, I'm not sure what fair odds would be (I'm don't have a lot of experience in setting lines). We know HB is proficient at losing weight on schedule when money is involved, but we also know she is prone to backsliding. Would she be better at not backsliding if money were still on the line?

I think fair odds might be 2-1. I would tentatively bet $100 to win $50. SOOPOO, Wizard, MakingBook, any opinions?

HB, would you be open to this challenge? I just don't feel like I can encourage the yo-yo dieting lifestyle.

I realize HB is on unspecified suspension, so perhaps this will have to wait. If the Wiz and SOOPOO are already on board for the main challenge as described, I might be too late.

Also, I would like to echo the Wizard's comments that a starting picture with scale/newspaper/etc. would be required before I would agree to a new bet.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2012 at 4:00:38 AM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

If the bettors were serious about helping HB gain a healthier life, then the bet would not only be to attain 135 lbs by May 29, but also KEEP the weight below 140 through June and July. Then you have truly accomplished a life style change.

Here's a quote from the top bettor/organizer:

"My involvement here is for my personal enjoyment."
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
December 11th, 2012 at 4:10:06 AM permalink
Who could have predicted this would happen!
Aces- just get on board for the main challenge... even money at $100. After the challenge starts we can get into sub-bets.
I have always wondered about DG, and asked the Wiz specifically...... He would not answer citing WoV confidentiality.
I do agree with Aces about scale/newspaper/photo, which I suggested before the Wiz, too.
I like Raleigh craps' idea, but I want to get the main challenge done, first.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 11th, 2012 at 4:13:16 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Here's a quote from the top bettor/organizer:

"My involvement here is for my personal enjoyment."

1BB- my enjoyment has come in knowing I helped someone achieve something remarkable.
I have received the same enjoyment in a stop smoking type bet.... I bet against the person and was thrilled when I lost.
And I am not the top bettor, the Wiz is. I'm in for $250, the Wiz is in for $500.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 11th, 2012 at 4:17:44 AM permalink
Quote: drjohnny

She could easily win this bet if she lost 25 lbs of fat and muscle over 4 months (only 6.25 lbs per month) and cut 20 lbs of water weight in a sauna the day of the weigh-in.

Most UFC fighters cut about 20 lbs of water weight in one day in order to make weight for the official weigh-in that's 24 hours before their fight. Some are insane enough to cut over 30 lbs, if you can believe that.

To make this bet legit, HotBlonde should have to lose 45 lbs of PURE FAT. Her body fat percentage could easily be measured by a licensed trainer at a gym with body calipers.

A legitimate concern. The original challenge had a 'NO diuretic' clause, and I will ask HB if she will allow that for HBC2. It is my fault I did not mention that originally, but the bet has not been finalized until we see pictures/scale/newspaper.
I don't know if you saw the original thread... but look at the before and after pictures if you want to see the fat she lost.
Body fat percentage, although important, is not the subject of this bet.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 11th, 2012 at 4:32:41 AM permalink
This should be made into a movie. Patton Oswalt as SOOPOO, Joe Pesci as Buzz and EvenBob as himself but in silhouette only, per order of the Witness Protection Program. Any suggestions for the rest of the cast? Kirstie Alley, Carnie Wilson, Chaz Bono, John Cryer, William Hung, Jason Alexander, Whitney Cummings as European Hottie? I know, I know but Mila Kunis was busy.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi

• Jump to: