SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
December 10th, 2012 at 5:48:14 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I'm surprised that DT got split off, to the detriment of the health of both groups. Studies show that participants in online groups want to discuss topics other than the main topic. Even among the hard core gamblers here, threads invariably drift. Groups are held together by the people, not by the topic.

Ditto. On WoV you first get hooked on the gambling/Vegas stuff. Then you get to know the 'characters'. Then you are interested (or disinterested) accordingly in what they have to say on both gambling and non-gambling issues.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 10th, 2012 at 7:31:51 AM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

I'm still thinking about starting the Hot Buzz Challenge but can't think of a way to get anyone to want to watch a weigh-in. He shouldn't have mentioned the word "Speedo" earlier...

Hot Buzz had a heart sonogram this am. Thereby putting to rest the rumors that I did not have a heart when I was collecting for bookies. I figured I could win any weight loss bet, by insisting bettors attend the weigh-in.

What, why would anyone take my word ? I would even take a pix of the scale. Isn't that fair ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
December 10th, 2012 at 8:53:11 AM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

not funny Aces. Give your heart a break and drop some of that weight !

I am doing ok :)

midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
December 10th, 2012 at 11:13:44 AM permalink
I know of no practicing attorney with a bod like that. Hit man, maybe... ;-)
NicksGamingStuff
NicksGamingStuff
  • Threads: 48
December 10th, 2012 at 11:32:46 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Hmm.... yum
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 10th, 2012 at 11:57:55 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

damn it! I'm starting to feel like I'm the least attractive person on these forums lol. Or is it that only the good looking people post pictures of themselves?

Either way, way to go, man!
100% risk of ruin
aceofspades
aceofspades
December 10th, 2012 at 12:04:49 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

damn it! I'm starting to feel like I'm the least attractive person on these forums lol. Or is it that only the good looking people post pictures of themselves?

Either way, way to go, man!

between the stress of being an attorney and the total lack of variance in my favor at the blackjack tables lately - I have to hit the gym!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 10th, 2012 at 1:04:28 PM permalink
I still stand by my original statement. The heart is a muscle you do not want to get larger. Hit the gym, but go for reps, not bulk.
Give your heart a break. There is a price to pay for carrying excess weight around..

Got my heart sonogram result back today. Minimal damage. Luckily I was always under 200 until I retired 12 years ago. I will be under 200 by New Years.

Looks like you followed the advice from when i was a kid. " Never get a tat where the judge can see it" LOl

Back then tattoos were not mainstream like today.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
aceofspades
aceofspades
December 10th, 2012 at 1:16:52 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I still stand by my original statement. The heart is a muscle you do not want to get larger. Hit the gym, but go for reps, not bulk.
Give your heart a break. There is a price to pay for carrying excess weight around..

Got my heart sonogram result back today. Minimal damage. Luckily I was always under 200 until I retired 12 years ago. I will be under 200 by New Years.

Looks like you followed the advice from when i was a kid. " Never get a tat where the judge can see it" LOl

Back then tattoos were not mainstream like today.

Thanks for looking out for us Buzz - I do cardio as well and try to eat low fat (but, I o have a sweet tooth)
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
December 10th, 2012 at 3:36:35 PM permalink
It looks like the Wizard and SOOPOO may be the only two betting against me. Standing to win $750 isn't so bad. I'm not losing the weight for the money, I'm doing it cuz I want to weigh 135 pounds. But the opportunity to win and the possibility of losing $550 so far is added motivation that will help keep me on track.

I actually won't be starting my program until Wednesay morning. So basically the goal is to weigh 135.0 or less on Wednesday, May 29th, 2013. I will be in Vegas on that date and as long as the Wizard agrees he can be the one to witness and verify my actual weight. I want to have the option of having someone else witness and verify my weigh in in that date if the Wizard is not available. Like having a medical doctor verify it as a backup plan or another forum member or something. I was uncomfortable last time that it was so strict as to who had to verify it.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!

• Jump to: