RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
December 7th, 2012 at 11:15:06 AM permalink
It seems all I have to do is make a statement that I am going to do one thing, and next thing I know I am doing 180* opposite.

Statement: I am scheduled to arrive at the Beau Rivage late in the evening, "so I am going to go to bed when I get there, and play when I get up."
Reality: I arrive at 11:00 PM and play craps until 9:30 AM

Statement: I am going to just buy in for $300, and play low ball $5.
Reality: I buy in for $300, then $300 more, and I play aggressive $5/$10.

Statement: Vegas is too far to go. I have more options much closer to home.
Reality: Just accepted 12/30-01/02 trip to Paris for my wife and I.

So, first time in Vegas for New Year's Eve. After all those years of Diamond party invitations, we finally get to go and I am a Gold player now. DOH!

What is a good thing to do on New Year'e Eve? Suggestions please.

It appears Freemont street has a bunch of bands. $30 admission. Anybody ever gone to this ?
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 7th, 2012 at 12:53:28 PM permalink
I don't know about you...but I'm just 30...and I would AVOID Vegas for NYE like the PLAGUE...then again, I avoid Downtown Reno on NYE....I usually just go to the VIP Party at JANugget, then look out my window and watch the fireworks over downtown and then crash...
I will say I was in Vegas for NYE one year (1997) and OMG! The streets were entirely FILLED with people (Think Times Square status!)
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
December 7th, 2012 at 12:59:38 PM permalink
How is Super Bowl weekend in Vegas? I've been Final Four, right before New Years, and July 4th and all were madhouses. Wondering if the Super Bowl offer I got is worth using.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
December 7th, 2012 at 1:26:50 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

I don't know about you...but I'm just 30...and I would AVOID Vegas for NYE like the PLAGUE...then again, I avoid Downtown Reno on NYE....I usually just go to the VIP Party at JANugget, then look out my window and watch the fireworks over downtown and then crash...
I will say I was in Vegas for NYE one year (1997) and OMG! The streets were entirely FILLED with people (Think Times Square status!)

I generally hate crowds myself, so this is just one more contradiction......me being in Vegas for NYE. Neither my wife nor I are party animals (if any 50 yo can even be a party animal). Five hours of free liquor will get me about 5 drinks. BUT, I figure that is still way cheaper than me being at a craps table.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
December 7th, 2012 at 1:32:07 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

How is Super Bowl weekend in Vegas? I've been Final Four, right before New Years, and July 4th and all were madhouses. Wondering if the Super Bowl offer I got is worth using.

I spaced out Final Four one year. Finally gave up on booking online and used xpedia or something where you put in a price blind and afterwards you get the name of the place. Josie was not exactly thrilled when I told her we would be staying at TERRIBLES.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 7th, 2012 at 1:37:07 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

I spaced out Final Four one year. Finally gave up on booking online and used xpedia or something where you put in a price blind and afterwards you get the name of the place. Josie was not exactly thrilled when I told her we would be staying at TERRIBLES.

I was at MGM for a wedding. Bad timing, but not my choice! I had a lovely view of a brick wall and wasn't about to pay for an upgrade. No freebies given out that weekend!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 7th, 2012 at 1:37:54 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Superbowl is usually the second busiest weekend in Las Vegas. New Year's is the busiest.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 7th, 2012 at 1:38:28 PM permalink
Hey. all the bride got to see was the ceiling that night. Unless she was one of those liberated women !
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
December 7th, 2012 at 1:38:56 PM permalink

Hey. all the bride got to see was the ceiling that night.

Are you SURE about that ?
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 7th, 2012 at 1:39:56 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

Are you SURE about that ?

Well, it was dark in that room. Had to use my flash attachment for the pictures.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 7th, 2012 at 1:50:27 PM permalink

Hey. all the bride got to see was the ceiling that night. Unless she was one of those liberated women !

I think their room was much nicer than ours! Not like we spent any time in it. It was sheer coincidence my daughter was born 40 weeks later--honest!!
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 7th, 2012 at 1:57:38 PM permalink
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Well, except for the baby. She usually gets to come home.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
December 7th, 2012 at 2:38:09 PM permalink

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Well, except for the baby. She usually gets to come home.

And herpes...that shit comes back with ya...
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
December 7th, 2012 at 3:36:08 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

And herpes...that shit comes back with ya...

The gift that keeps on giving...
98Clubs
98Clubs
  • Threads: 52
December 7th, 2012 at 9:02:48 PM permalink
Quote: buzzard

Well they get liberated even if ya buy em a cowgirl hat, better cowboy up podnah, gonna be a long ride. ;o)
Can I get a WAAAAHHHHOOOO!
Some people need to reimagine their thinking.
Buzzard
Buzzard
December 7th, 2012 at 9:12:11 PM permalink
Just cause a girl rides side-saddle does not mean she is a sissy.
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
  • Threads: 33
December 8th, 2012 at 6:57:42 AM permalink

Just cause a girl rides side-saddle does not mean she is a sissy.

I've always been into ladies who were Doggy lovers myself!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
December 8th, 2012 at 2:16:00 PM permalink
Well,,,,,,,,,, so far the thread has pretty much been about things I can already do at home. :-D

I guess no one has experienced Vegas on NYE ?
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
December 8th, 2012 at 5:22:37 PM permalink
It has been quite a few years since I was in Vegas on NYE but it was wild. The strip turns into an outdoor party for a while with no traffic. If you like being in the middle of a big party with several thousand of your closest friends you can enjoy that. If you actually want to gamble within a few hours of midnight get onto a table earlier and don't leave. Not only will it be almost impossible to find a spot but you won't find anything under $100 minimum. Many of them will grandfather you if you have been there for a while. When I was there it was $5 when I sat down and black by midnight.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
  • Jump to: