AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
September 17th, 2019 at 2:33:23 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Walmart Grocery pickup is fantastic. I will never shop for food inside of the store again.

You reserve a time slot and order all your food on the website/app. When you get to the store you park in a designated spot and check in on the app or call a number, and they bring everything right out to. I’ve never waited more than 5 minutes.

The best part is, if they are out of stock of something you purchased, they’ll substitute a larger size or more expensive brand, but charge you the same price. This seems to happen with half of the stuff I order. The last time I got a $20 pack of steaks for $10.

Does this really save time? I know some people that do it, almost always they do it because they have little kids. To me it seems I can get in and out fast. To scroll around and order would take more time for my order. I usually get just a few items at WMT.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
NanceyJack
NanceyJack
  • Threads: 0
September 17th, 2019 at 5:47:29 AM permalink
if to use rule 80/20?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
September 17th, 2019 at 10:40:39 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

That worked out for me once. I have a tricky address. Ordered tennis shoes last year

You play tennis?
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
September 17th, 2019 at 11:11:05 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

You play tennis?

Nope, just wear the shoes.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
September 17th, 2019 at 12:28:48 PM permalink
UPS delivered a box to my house last year...right house # but it should have gone one street over. Wasn't too concerned but it was an insulated container with rush medical supplies marked on it, so I delivered it the final mile myself. They were thankful.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
September 17th, 2019 at 12:50:49 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Nope, just wear the shoes.

I bet you meant sneakers. They haven't
been called tennis shoes since Sally
Field played Gidget..
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 17th, 2019 at 12:54:30 PM permalink

I bet you meant sneakers. They haven't
been called tennis shoes since Sally
Field played Gidget..

I don't think anyone under the age if 60 says sneakers

From wiki incase anyone cares why they are called sneakers.
In 1917, he used the term because the rubber sole made the shoe stealthy. ... The name "sneakers" originally referred to how quiet the rubber soles were on the ground, in contrast to noisy standard hard leather sole dress shoes. Someone wearing sneakerscould "sneak up" on someone while someone wearing standards could not.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 17th, 2019 at 1:08:07 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I don't think anyone under the age if 60 says sneakers

We always called them gym shoes.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
September 17th, 2019 at 1:25:35 PM permalink

We always called them gym shoes.

Might be a regional thing. I have always known them as tennis shoes. Possibly sometimes just called running shoes. Older people say sneakers.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
September 17th, 2019 at 1:56:33 PM permalink
I feel like a lot of people said "sneakers" back in the 80's and 90's. At least I did.

I think I say "tennis shoes" nowadays but I'm honestly not sure because I don't talk about shoes that often so it rarely comes up in conversation. I think I usually just refer to them as what I use them for; "dress shoes," "dog walking shoes," "yardwork shoes," etc. I have some hiking shoes that are my "everyday shoes" that I just call "shoes."

Now that I've typed out "shoes" so much it doesn't look like a real word anymore.

• Jump to: