Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
  • Threads: 232
May 1st, 2024 at 10:29:58 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Quote: lilredrooster

I remember very well immediately after this there were A LOT OF PEOPLE who claimed it never actually happened - no way humans got to the Moon and walked on it

they claimed it was all faked by the Big Bad U.S. Government

link to original post

Such a stupid conspiracy theory.....LOL
link to original post

enjoy_____________LOL

from the link:

the book "We Never Went to the Moon, America's Thirty Billion Dollar Swindle" by Bill Kaysing, a former U.S. Naval Officer

also, from the link: "In 1980, The Flat Earth Society accused Nasa of faking the landings, arguing that they were staged by Hollywood with Walt Disney sponsorship"

and " opinion polls in various locations showed that between 6 and 20% of Americans, 25% of Britons and 28% of Russians believed that the crewed landings were faked"

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_landing_conspiracy_theories

Please don't feed the trolls
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
lilredrooster
May 1st, 2024 at 10:50:36 AM permalink

Quote: TigerWu

I remember very well immediately after this there were A LOT OF PEOPLE who claimed it never actually happened - no way humans got to the Moon and walked on it

link to original post

Such a stupid conspiracy theory.....LOL

also, from the link: "In 1980, The Flat Earth Society accused Nasa of faking the landings, arguing that they were staged by Hollywood with Walt Disney sponsorship"

link to original post

Talk about stupid! We all know it was sponsored by Paramount.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
May 1st, 2024 at 1:51:34 PM permalink
teenager girls (and some boys too) totally freak out as the Beatles arrive in America

quote - "oh, Paul, Paul, Ardrian from Brooklyn loves you with all her heart. I love you and I want you"

quote - "we came here 5:30 in the morning (boo hoo hoo) and all they do is push you farther and farther away (boo hoo hoo) they don't even let you see them (boo hoo hoo)

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 1st, 2024 at 2:31:26 PM permalink

teenager girls (and some boys too) totally freak out as the Beatles arrive in America

I never understood the screaming young girls do about that kind of thing. Its a rock and roll band, yet you lose control like that? They say you could barely hear the music when they played for all the screaming girls.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
AZDuffman
May 1st, 2024 at 3:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I never understood the screaming young girls do about that kind of thing. Its a rock and roll band, yet you lose control like that? They say you could barely hear the music when they played for all the screaming girls.
link to original post

It started with Frank Sinatra 1940s. In the beginning it was staged, they had girls planted in the audience that started screaming and it caught on like wildfire. Then they did it for Elvis and then the Beatles on their own. At a Sinatra event in New York City they would have a couple ambulances outside the theater and attendents inside to help girls that got too carried away. That was also a publicity stunt.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
DogHand
DogHand
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
lilredrooster
May 1st, 2024 at 10:59:59 PM permalink

<snip>I remember very well immediately after this there were A LOT OF PEOPLE who claimed it never actually happened - no way humans got to the Moon and walked on it

link to original post

OJ DID IT!

No, wait... OJ did the fake Mars landing...

😉

Dog Hand
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
May 2nd, 2024 at 5:03:30 AM permalink
I've always been amazed by this guy
sticks so fast they're just a blur - truly incredible
he is I believe the greatest drummer who ever lived
21 million views on this baby
one of the comments - "Buddy Rich - the man 99% of drummers strive to half as good as"

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 2nd, 2024 at 5:06:33 AM permalink
Music is just noise to me. Not once in my life have I just turned on some music to sit and listen to.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 2nd, 2024 at 10:49:01 AM permalink
This is my favorite drum solo. Starts going off rails about a minute in.

https://youtu.be/TfML1WEWfwk?si=wOJwnHBLEWagmxQy
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
May 2nd, 2024 at 11:13:55 AM permalink
deleted - I originally put it here - the wrong place - moved to miscellaneous
Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 2, 2024
lilredrooster
lilredrooster 
May 3rd, 2024 at 5:46:15 AM permalink
one of the greatest scenes of all time from the movies imho - before my time but I saw it on video - Rod Steiger and Marlon Brandon

"you was my brother Charlie you should have looked out for me a little bit so I didn't have to take them dives for the short end money. I could have had class. I could have been somebody. I could have been a contender. Instead of a bum. Which is what I am."

and in the 2nd vid Terry Molloy confronts the Big Boss Johnny Friendly played by Lee J. Cobb and tells him -

"You think you're God almighty but you know what you are? You're a cheap, lousy, dirty stinkin mug. And I'm glad what I done to you. You hear that. I'm glad what I done."

• Jump to: