February 18th, 2011 at 5:48:23 PM permalink
Probably useless. But why the hell not?

I'm not voting on this one.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 18th, 2011 at 5:57:04 PM permalink
I have to say you are missing the option I use. That I take all he says with a pinch of salt and try not to let him piss me off. I often ignore him, occasionally respond and rant, but all in all I just let him be.

Because after all, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and while I might not agree with what someone has to say, I will fight to the death to defend their right to be a complete asshole. Doesnt matter who really. Everyone can say things that can be construed as hurtful, or are deliberatly designed to be so, but after all, not everyone in the world agrees, if they did, life would be simple.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 106
February 18th, 2011 at 6:51:50 PM permalink
Nareed- I basically agree with Croupier. Your poll, which asks people to classify their sexual preference and feelings about mkl, is silly. You already know exactly who and what mkl is, as do the rest of the forum members. He makes many intersting points, and many insulting ones. I have been the target, early on here, of some mild barbs. I let them drift away into the ether of the internet. His gambling knowledge has had him answer many of my gambling questions. I appreciate the answers. I generally am interested in his takes on religion and atheism. I also appreciate his doggedness when it comes to exposing the system hucksters. So-
I would guess it would be in YOUR best interests to just not engage him in any non gambling related matter.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 18th, 2011 at 7:18:01 PM permalink
+1... I find this poll kinda of dumb and certainly not helping matters. My sexuality has nothing to do with how I view posters on this board, and in an ideal world, it should affect yours.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 18th, 2011 at 7:25:14 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

+1... I find this poll kinda of dumb and certainly not helping matters. My sexuality has nothing to do with how I view posters on this board, and in an ideal world, it should affect yours.

I agree. But his majesty keeps saying my gender dysphoria is all that keeps me from worshiping at his feet. I'd like to test that.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
February 18th, 2011 at 7:26:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

So-
I would guess it would be in YOUR best interests to just not engage him in any non gambling related matter.

It would be in my best interest not to engage him at all. As soon as he stops stomping on me, we can go back to ignoring each other.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 119
February 18th, 2011 at 8:00:11 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Probably useless. But why the hell not?

I'm not voting on this one.

Are we talking about MLK - Martin Luther King Jr.? Or are we talking about MKL from this board? My vote depends on this answer.
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
February 18th, 2011 at 8:41:48 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Are we talking about MLK - Martin Luther King Jr.? Or are we talking about MKL from this board? My vote depends on this answer.

The answer you are looking for lies behind door number 2.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
February 18th, 2011 at 11:30:23 PM permalink
MLK? Who's that? If you mean MKL, have you got a man crush on him or something? Just ignore most of his posts, life is too short.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
February 19th, 2011 at 1:00:54 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Apparently sexuality/gender identity is paramount for Nareed. I certainly seem to have gotten him in a lather--and all I did was say that a sex change operation was physically impossible. I guess it's sort of like telling one of those 2 A.M. radio talk show callers that there aren't any alien ships orbiting Earth.

It's interesting--and significant--that Nareed is so, so, so offended by matters of gender and sex, but insists on reminding us every minute of every day what his "sexual identity" is, as if it was something we all massively cared about.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw

• Jump to: