5 votes (12.82%)
34 votes (87.17%)

39 members have voted

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
January 28th, 2011 at 6:55:00 AM permalink
Quote: MarieBicurie

Bob you're an idiot. I can block him sure, but he completely hijacks the thread and RUINS it! That's the whole point! Most of the replies are to his OFF-TOPIC posts. It's lunacy to assume that blocking him solves everything.

All true, but sadly all you can do for yourself is block him.

You can ask other users to block him and/or ignore his posts. Ostracism can work on internet forums. It's the starve the troll principle. He'll tire of getting no responses for his rants and will go away, maybe.

It is maddening and frustrating, but really there's not much else to do. He does abide by the more important forum rules (I assume, because I haven't read any of hsi posts in months). If thread hijacking were a banning offense, we'd lose on the twists and turns conversations can take; not to mention we'd run uot of members quickly.

Ignore him and don't make him a problem for you. Enjoy the rest of the board instead.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
January 28th, 2011 at 10:49:46 AM permalink

Bob you're an idiot. I can block him sure, but he completely hijacks the thread and RUINS it! That's the whole point! Most of the replies are to his OFF-TOPIC posts. It's lunacy to assume that blocking him solves everything. When he first reared his ugly head on this board and a bunch of us thought he was a system seller it was YOU EvenBob who vouched for the idiot. If you like the guy so much, why don't you go ahead and marry him?

No he's not. Ignore the ridiculous posts and they will go away. The idiots are the ones responding to him.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 28th, 2011 at 11:03:33 AM permalink
Hey, you calling me an idiot...?

Can I get you banned for that?

(smileys all around).
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
January 28th, 2011 at 11:21:42 AM permalink
Maybe there is something wrong with me, but I get a kick out of reading his posts. I try and figure out what he is saying, no easy task, then try and figure out if he actually believes what he is saying, also no easy task, then try and figure if he really is a gambler, no easy task, then try and figure which sane forum member will respond, and guess what nonsensical retort will come back. If Ken really does play roulette I would PAY to see it myself. I think his posts in general are not rude, at least less so than the responders, so I would not ban him. I would think that at the very least mkl could use some of Ken's posts in his English classes as examples of how not to form a thought.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 178
January 28th, 2011 at 11:33:04 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I get a kick out of reading his posts.
I try and figure out ... no easy task ...
Then try and figure out ... also no easy task ...
Then try and figure out ... no easy task ...
I would think that at the very least mkl could use some of Ken's posts in his English classes as examples of how not to form a thought.

Man, that some of the funniest stuff I've read in a while!
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
MarieBicurie
MarieBicurie
  • Threads: 4
January 28th, 2011 at 11:47:29 AM permalink
Quote: dm

No he's not. Ignore the ridiculous posts and they will go away. The idiots are the ones responding to him.

So let me get this straight, ignore ken and he will go away? I'd bet my entire net worth that he'd stay and keep on rambling for years to come. Do you doubt me? By his own admission he is active on multiple roulette forums and has been for years. Even EvenBob will confirm that mrjjj has been on roulette forums for years. Have you searched these roulette forums dm? I didn't think so. He's a troll here and a troll there, ruining threads every time he posts. Do your research before you make naive suggestions.
jpprovance
jpprovance
  • Threads: 22
January 28th, 2011 at 12:10:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

If you don't like somebody, block them. This isn't an exclusive club where you can kick somebody out just because you dislike them.

I think a lot of us wish it was.
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
January 28th, 2011 at 1:02:56 PM permalink
Click here
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 28th, 2011 at 2:53:44 PM permalink
Quote: jpprovance

I think a lot of us wish it was.

Any such club, made up of any number of people of any persuasions, temperaments, or other stripes, would eventually dwindle to one person. Or maybe none, if the last two persons were able to simultaneously kick each other out.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
January 28th, 2011 at 2:58:39 PM permalink

So let me get this straight, ignore ken and he will go away? I'd bet my entire net worth that he'd stay and keep on rambling for years to come. Do you doubt me? By his own admission he is active on multiple roulette forums and has been for years. Even EvenBob will confirm that mrjjj has been on roulette forums for years. Have you searched these roulette forums dm? I didn't think so. He's a troll here and a troll there, ruining threads every time he posts. Do your research before you make naive suggestions.

How can he ruin a thread if no one responds or even reads his posts? Post the same thing over and over.............? I don't think
Mr. Wizard would allow that for very long.

• Jump to: