Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 6th, 2010 at 10:10:42 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

So was it Bush or Gore? Which was Hot on your Hot or Not

I don't have sex with men, I'm the wrong person to ask.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 6th, 2010 at 10:15:50 PM permalink

Connecticut has cowboys? Plus you have the most Liberal view of cute and pretty.

But as usual you missed the point. I was wondering who the hotter of the two is/was.

BTW Armageddon is a proper noun/place so a big A.

When you ask dumb questions you get answers commensurate with your babble.

I make the points around here. You just make suggestions.

You mean the movie?
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
December 6th, 2010 at 10:26:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I don't have sex with men, I'm the wrong person to ask.

Sorry must have been a different EvenBob who agreed the candidate you would have sex w is an important factor.
My bad
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 10:27:26 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

When you ask dumb questions you get answers commensurate with your babble.

I make the points around here. You just make suggestions.

You mean the movie?

On the points/suggestion comment. Huh?

Which movie JerBear?
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
rdutch1958
rdutch1958
  • Threads: 2
December 6th, 2010 at 10:35:54 PM permalink
Anybody thinking this idiot Palin has a chance to be the republican nominee is a fool.
If you haven’t noticed lately – The established republicans have started to get just a little more serious and have begun distancing themselves from this illiterate nutjob. Sad to say but her being on the ticket last election was only an indication of poor judgment on McCain’s part. Her presence on any national ticket or run for national office is an insult to the election process and the American people. Democrats can only hope she somehow runs for President… but if and that’s a huge “IF” she runs for the Repub. nomination Romney or any other credible candidate will, without mercy, expose her for being the dingbat ( no offense to dingbats ) she really is and send her ass back to Frozen Nuts, Alaska or wherever she hibernates.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 6th, 2010 at 10:38:52 PM permalink
Quote: rdutch1958

Anybody thinking this idiot Palin has a chance to be the republican nominee is a fool.
If you haven’t noticed lately – The established republicans have started to get just a little more serious and have begun distancing themselves from this illiterate nutjob.

She's hardly an idiot or a nutjob. Wow, she really got under your skin, huh. What does that say about you..
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 10:43:12 PM permalink

She's hardly an idiot or a nutjob. Wow, she really got under your skin, huh. What does that say about you..

I wouldn't say idiot. Nutty perhaps, but anyone who can get a network to pay for her to vacation all over AK and get the Mr TParty to shell out 100k per visit can't be too stupid.
Let's just say I am not worried that she will end up in the poor house
rdutch1958
rdutch1958
  • Threads: 2
December 6th, 2010 at 10:50:26 PM permalink
She is an idiot and a nutjob. Wow, you really defend her. I "betcha" you have a crush on her. What does that say about you?
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 6th, 2010 at 10:54:08 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd lay about 3 to 1 that she at least runs. I think winning the nomination is right around even money. Against Sarah is that the GOP tends to go for candidates who have served the party faithfully for decades, like Dole and McCain. In her favor is huge name recognition, an enthusiastic base, and there are no strong loyal GOP candidates to challenge her. If forced to a prediction, I say Sarah wins the GOP nomination, and then loses in the general election.

She'll probably get nominated simply because there isn't anyone else out there on the Republican side with an ounce of charisma. I would also imagine that savvy Democrat party leaders would anonymously contribute a couple hundred million to her campaign at the primary stage, to ensure that she wins the nomination.

My main concern is that she'll set back the progress of women in politics a hundred years or so, when she occupies the national stage and repeatedly makes the mistake of opening her mouth (again).
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 6th, 2010 at 11:03:57 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

She'll probably get nominated simply because there isn't anyone else out there on the Republican side with an ounce of charisma. I would also imagine that savvy Democrat party leaders would anonymously contribute a couple hundred million to her campaign at the primary stage, to ensure that she wins the nomination.

My main concern is that she'll set back the progress of women in politics a hundred years or so, when she occupies the national stage and repeatedly makes the mistake of opening her mouth (again).

From the GOP side Mitt Romney would make a great candidate. Any Republican who can win in MA has to have cross over appeal. Public school educated, Stanford, BYU, Harvard.

If he beat McCain in the primaries I very well think he would have won. Even with all those Black Panthers threatening voters.

But he did give near universal health care to the people of MA.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 7th, 2010 at 12:28:02 AM permalink

From the GOP side Mitt Romney would make a great candidate. Any Republican who can win in MA has to have cross over appeal. Public school educated, Stanford, BYU, Harvard.

If he beat McCain in the primaries I very well think he would have won. Even with all those Black Panthers threatening voters.

My memory is failing me, as I can't remember why specifically McCain won the nomination last time. Did Romney make some sort of gaff. All I remember, and still remember is McCain is pretty damn old.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 7th, 2010 at 12:33:06 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

My memory is failing me, as I can't remember why specifically McCain won the nomination last time. Did Romney make some sort of gaff. All I remember, and still remember is McCain is pretty damn old.

The GOP had hoped that McCain's appeal to the Hispanic community would have carried over. So Mitt never really got much support.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
December 7th, 2010 at 3:56:39 AM permalink

McCain won because he did well in the "open" primary states where so-called "independents" like to vote for a liberal GOP candidate then switch back to the Dems in the general. Among the party virtually no one wanted him. "Open" primaries should be banned but sadly we are going in the other direction as "independents" whine that they can't choose the nominee.

The other factor that helped McCain early on was no other candidate seemed to click in more than one state, so the vote got split.

McCain is the example of the kind if conservative the media "likes"--wishy-washy and no personal energy.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 4:46:34 AM permalink
As we watch as Obama predictably goes down the drain having been elected ONLY because he was black, now we get to watch the liberal whiners squirm even more as they are threatened with a true conservative woman who does what she says. I don't know about you, but I quiver in excitement watching her get under liberal nutjob skin.

It's gonna be a FUN time watching only blacks vote for Obama in the next election!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 7th, 2010 at 7:44:02 AM permalink

You're fooling yourselves if you think the GOP won't pile up in support of her if she runs. They're playing the Democrats and witless people like MKL right now. And anyone who claims she's "awful" is obviously afraid of her because of her extraordinary values and how she walks the walk. Plus, notice how good she looks? Did you see that mock of Democratic women up against Conservative women? You're kidding yourself if you don't think her looks bothers liberals.

Oh, if I hear another whining liberal moan about how they're "not a liberal" while hiding behind the guise of being a "lebertarian" I'll puke John Kerry-ketchup red.

I will warn you now that I consider the application of the "liberal" label to be offensive and a personal attack. Do not do it again.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 10:23:30 AM permalink

Yes. Though "force" would be a more accurate term than "give".

Romney has no real chance to win the Presidency. No overtly religious candidate does--it creeps out a LOT of people when such candidates talk dreamily of an American theocracy.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
December 7th, 2010 at 10:35:21 AM permalink

Romney has no real chance to win the Presidency. No overtly religious candidate does--it creeps out a LOT of people when such candidates talk dreamily of an American theocracy.

When has Romney done that? I hear much less religion coming from him than Palin.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 10:42:59 AM permalink

When has Romney done that? I hear much less religion coming from him than Palin.

He hasn't. It's just another liberal made-up fear about Republicans and another unsupportable assertion by MKL. Plus he gave it away when he said it "creeps out a LOT of people". An atheist/religion-hater will always pretend that there are more of them than those who believe in religion.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 10:51:13 AM permalink

Here's one of the mildest of his statements on American theocracy:

“America's culture is also defined by the fact that we are a religious people. We recognize our God not only in our Declaration of Independence, but even in our currency. And we are also unique in that we recognize that the family is the fundamental building block of American society.”

Funny, I thought that American culture was defined by freedom and personal liberty--including freedom from religion. And how are we "unique" in that view of the family (assuming we even HAVE such a view---I would think that the individual human being is the "fundamental building block")?

Where I really got this impression of Romney, though, was during the 2008 primaries. In many of his speeches/debate points, he continually espoused that the government should actively declare belief in and support for Christianity, and that God should OFFICIALLY be a part of everyone's lives. I can't find any videos of those speeches online--probably no one bothered to keep them around when he lost the nomination--but I remember being pretty appalled.

Of course, Romney is a bit more centrist than Huckabee and some of the others on the fringe. He also appears to have a functioning cerebrum. I have no doubt that we'll see him battling Palin for the nomination. (As far as Palin's religious references, I think they're more pro forma than anything else. She's preaching--or, pandering--to the choir.)

Tha saddest part of all this is that I'm a libertarian, and lean slightly to the right economically and to the left socially, and I don't see ANYONE who I could stomach being in the White House in 2012--which forces me to conclude that Obama might be the least of the possible evils.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
December 7th, 2010 at 11:01:10 AM permalink

He hasn't. It's just another liberal made-up fear about Republicans and another unsupportable assertion by MKL. Plus he gave it away when he said it "creeps out a LOT of people". An atheist will always pretend that there are more of them than those who believe in religion.

9-15% of Americans describe themselves as non-religious or atheist. I don't think any atheist believes that this is the majority view point in the US. If they do, they are deluding themselves. It's also a growing demographic. It's a non-issue in Canada and the UK, as far as I'm aware. I think the only time it got mentioned in the last decade was when Tony Blair converted to Roman Catholicism after he stepped down as Prime Minister.

I am surprised how the nominations go down... in the UK and Canada, nominations for candidates are strictly party affairs... if you want to have a say in the leader of the Liberal Democrats, you have to be a member of that party. The Labour movement used to have a the Trade Unions have a large percentage of the vote for new leaders, along with the sitting MPs of the party. The UK Conservatives vote strictly with sitting MPs (though there is a degree of consultation with the local party). It's much the same with the two Provincial Parties here in BC (both of which are now leaderless... and the province will run itself fine...)

Now of course, the system is different in the US, but the ability for anyone and everyone to be able to vote on who the candidate is for a party seems... odd and potentially self defeating for all concerned.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 7th, 2010 at 11:02:23 AM permalink

Here's one of the mildest of his statements on American theocracy:

“America's culture is also defined by the fact that we are a religious people. We recognize our God not only in our Declaration of Independence, but even in our currency. And we are also unique in that we recognize that the family is the fundamental building block of American society.”

You're right, that is very mild. Any Republican candidate pretty much has to go at least that far lest they be deemed a heathen commie. You'll have to produce some evidence about the alleged claim that he said "God should OFFICIALLY be a part of everyone's lives." I can't take that one on faith.

Meanwhile, here are some Palin quotes:

" For any leader to declare that America isn't a Christian nation and poking an ally like Israel in the eye, it's mind-boggling for — to see some of our nation's actions recently."

" I have said all along that America is based on Judeo-Christian beliefs and, you know, nobody has to believe me though. You can just go to our Founding Fathers' early documents and see how they crafted a Declaration of Independence and a Constitution that allows that Judeo-Christian belief to be the foundation of our lives. And our Constitution, of course, essentially acknowledging that our unalienable rights don't come from man; they come from God. So this document is set up to protect us from a government that would ever infringe upon our rights to have freedom of religion and to be able to express our faith freely. "

" I think we should kind of keep this clean, keep it simple, go back to what our founders and our founding documents meant. They're quite clear that we would create law based on the God of the Bible and the 10 Commandments. "

source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,592422,00.html
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 11:12:19 AM permalink

Meanwhile, here are some Palin quotes:

" For any leader to declare that America isn't a Christian nation and poking an ally like Israel in the eye, it's mind-boggling for — to see some of our nation's actions recently."

I find that quote scary, not because of its content, but because it's an utterly failed attempt to construct a coherent spoken sentence.

I do realize that Palin talks the religious talk. I just get the sense that she isn't as ideologically committed to it as some of the other Republican illuminati. You're right, though, to have any chance at all, every Republican candidate has to wave the God flag.

I'll see if I can dig up any Romney videos. But I think the quote I gave you definitely shows that he envisions America as an officially Christian nation.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 11:21:01 AM permalink
Ever hear of "In God We Trust"?
Ever heard of "One Nation Under God"?
Ever hear of "God Bless America"?

Sarah Palin believes in that just like the MAJORITY OF AMERICANS believe in that. Atheists/liberal whiners HATE that.

Of COURSE we're a Christian nation, and of COURSE there are many people who support Israel's right to survive and protect themselves against terrorist attacks.

That guy in Iran....Ahmed I'm-a-nut-job? Think of him as Smoochie.

DEATH TO SMOOCHIE!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 7th, 2010 at 11:29:45 AM permalink

I find that quote scary, not because of its content, but because it's an utterly failed attempt to construct a coherent spoken sentence.

In all fairness, that is a transcript from an interview. I once read a transcript of a talk I did and it made me want to take a long oath of silence.

But I think the quote I gave you definitely shows that he envisions America as an officially Christian nation.

I still say it wasn't that bad. I don't see how you can go from there to saying he advocates making Christianity the national religion.

I am also puzzled by this comment "And we are also unique in that we recognize that the family is the fundamental building block of American society." Where are these countries that don't value families? Is there some country I don't know about where parents don't love their kids? If anything, I would think that countries without a social safety net, like ours, would have even stronger families, as that is all you have to support you in the bad times.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 11:48:03 AM permalink

I still say it wasn't that bad. I don't see how you can go from there to saying he advocates making Christianity the national religion.

Perhaps it's best to wait until 2012 rolls around and he re-enters the national spotlight. I'm sure he'll say plenty about his views at that time. Selectively pulling out some of the things he said in the heat of the 2008 campaign might not be fair--you can follow anyone around for X amount of time and eventually they'll say something really dumb and/or appalling, although with some people, it doesn't take very long.

One thing that bothers me about all this Founding Fathers crap is that we don't live or think as the Founding Fathers did. Our society has evolved. To give one very obvious example, they thought that all the freedoms they espoused should only apply to white landholding males. (Granted, there are some people who still think that today, including a couple on this forum.) To say that we believe in the Constitution and other founding documents as they were written, as if we were God-believers and those documents were "Scripture", is to say we don't accept any of the amendments thereto, or the varying interpretations of it over the years.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 7th, 2010 at 11:52:24 AM permalink

This is why I want you to stay and be active here!! Excellent!!
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 12:22:40 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This is why I want you to stay and be active here!! Excellent!!

And this is why I enjoy watching you two writhe in squirming pain every time Conservative values are brought forth by true Americans like Sarah Palin. Never address the issue, always attack the spelling or sentence when selecting the right sound bites that only a failed MSNBC could love!

PS....Of course, you couldn't care less that he announced he wasn't coming back, yet did. The meaning of trust: ALWAYS doing what you say you are going to do". Strong people understand and live by that; weak people who look to blame others for their failures & weaknesses, fear it.
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 7th, 2010 at 1:46:05 PM permalink
I can only imagine what would have happened if in Clinton's past we had him speaking to secessionists or Clinton's spouse calling for independence from the USA. I guess that is a real American in some folks eyes.

Sarah Palin should read Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists to get a better understanding of the country in regards to religion.
She may want to dig up Joel Barlow's Treat of Tripoli which emphatically states that America is not a Christian nation.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 1:55:08 PM permalink

I can only imagine what would have happened if in Clinton's past we had him speaking to secessionists or Clinton's spouse calling for independence from the USA. I guess that is a real American in some folks eyes.

Sarah Palin should read Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists to get a better understanding of the country in regards to religion.
She may want to dig up Joel Barlow's Treat of Tripoli which emphatically states that America is not a Christian nation.

Here it is again Wavy. Read it and weep. And please, stop quoting liberal hate speech and pandering-to-foreigners nonsense.

That, my friend, is what a Christian Nation is based upon. It is also why hateful and unhappy atheists despise religion, the family, and invariably, straight people.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 1:59:09 PM permalink
Quote:

It is also why hateful and unhappy atheists despise religion, the family, and invariably, straight people.

This is an awful troll, Jerry. It's also a non-sequitur.

You must try harder.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wavy70
Wavy70
December 7th, 2010 at 2:01:51 PM permalink

Here it is again Wavy. Read it and weep. And please, stop quoting liberal hate speech and pandering-to-foreigners nonsense.

That, my friend, is what a Christian Nation is based upon. It is also why hateful and unhappy atheists despise religion, the family, and invariably, straight people.

No need to reply to me Jer. I have you blocked. Just saw the reply below. Not big on reading the opinion of homophobic racists. Thanks for playing tho.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 3:02:18 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

This is an awful troll, Jerry. It's also a non-sequitir.

You must try harder.

What does non-sequitir mean?

Smack wavy with the truth, and just like all liberals who fear wholesole American values, he runs away and hides.
C Ya!

BTW I was just called a nasty multi-structured name by Wavy in a post I proved that God is included in american values. I am very insulted and request that "person" be suspended.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 3:06:28 PM permalink

What does non-sequitir mean?

Well, you have the internet, Jerry, maybe you could find out.

Quote:

BTW I was just called a nasty multi-structured name by Wavy in a post I proved that God is included in american values. I am very insulted and request that "person" be suspended.

If you want to play that game, I'm insulted that by your comments on atheists, you know I self describe as one, and you decided to make a very rude comment about me. I request you be suspended.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 7th, 2010 at 3:12:40 PM permalink
Why are atheists like MKL always so terrified of Christian candidates? Its like their grasp of atheism is so weak and tenuous that they live in constant fear of getting sucked into some Christian vortex if their not constantly vigilant. I have the same fear of Christians as I do of kittens. And kittens are more dangerous..
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 3:28:48 PM permalink
I think there is a case where some people view the over-religion of the state as a bad thing (separation of church and state and all that). I don't think the US was founded as a Christian nation. I think it's become a Judeo-Christian state over the last 200 years (the wording on your money, the addition of Under God in 1954, etc.). I think it`s something that the nation has to decide amongst itself if it should contain or not. As I`ve said, I don`t live there, I don`t get to vote. As a liberal atheist anarcho-syndicalist, your welcome.

If I was a US citizen, I'd be concerned if the Dominion Theologists got a strong hold over the law making bodies. Some have claimed Sarah Palin is a Dominionist, but I'm not sure she is (I've claimed it myself, but that was based of one article). It'd be similar to the invocation of Sharia Law, though more liberal...
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 7th, 2010 at 3:30:48 PM permalink

And this is why I enjoy watching you two writhe in squirming pain every time Conservative values are brought forth by true Americans like Sarah Palin. Never address the issue, always attack the spelling or sentence when selecting the right sound bites that only a failed MSNBC could love!

PS....Of course, you couldn't care less that he announced he wasn't coming back, yet did. The meaning of trust: ALWAYS doing what you say you are going to do". Strong people understand and live by that; weak people who look to blame others for their failures & weaknesses, fear it.

JL- If I had to choose, I would have voted for Palin ahead of Obama. Her policies are closer to my ideals than Obama's, but she is just in over her head. Obama has the mettle for the job, just I am against almost every thing he stands for, and how he goes about trying to accomplish his goals. I would vote for you or mkl before Obama..... How's that for you?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
December 7th, 2010 at 3:43:14 PM permalink

Why only Christian? I can't Jewish in America and love God? My friends can't be Muslim in America and love God? All three faiths worship the same Deity. Why should one specific religious interpretation be forced upon the rest of us?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 3:45:22 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I think there is a case where some people view the over-religion of the state as a bad thing (separation of church and state and all that). I don't think the US was founded as a Christian nation. I think it's become a Judeo-Christian state over the last 200 years (the wording on your money, the addition of Under God in 1954, etc.).

What the people who prattle about Christian theocracy as a "Fundamental American Value Enshrined by Our Founding Fathers" don't realize is that 230 years ago, the United States was FAR less religious than it is today. Church attendance on a per capita basis was less than half what it is now, for example.

All the God stuff was put in later, as you mention. The founding documents of the country are conspicuous for their relative lack of reference to God.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 3:48:51 PM permalink

Why are atheists like MKL always so terrified of Christian candidates? Its like their grasp of atheism is so weak and tenuous that they live in constant fear of getting sucked into some Christian vortex if their not constantly vigilant. I have the same fear of Christians as I do of kittens. And kittens are more dangerous..

I oppose them. I don't fear THEM, I fear the harm they could do if they got into power. I don't particularly WANT to live in someplace like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

And don't be such a prick about the fact that I don't believe the same things you do. In fact, Christian intolerence, orthodoxy, and their absolute antipathy toward anyone who disagrees with them (like you are showing now) is PRECISELY why they shouldn't be in positions of power.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
December 7th, 2010 at 3:49:54 PM permalink
I just split off the last four pages above of this thread into the Free Speech Zone. Those who can and wish to discuss religion and politics like gentlemen are invited to return to the original thread. Jerry, Wavy, and rdutch are specifically requested to stay here.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 7th, 2010 at 4:03:26 PM permalink

I oppose them. I don't fear THEM,

You know how they feel about atheists? They laugh at them and think they're misguided. I know this for a fact, my wifes father is a Baptist minister and her whole family are rabid Christians. Nicest people you'll ever meet and I'm serious. They go out of their way to help people and never have a bad word to say about anybody. They don't hate atheists, they think they're funny.
mkl654321
mkl654321
December 7th, 2010 at 4:16:32 PM permalink

You know how they feel about atheists? They laugh at them and think they're misguided. I know this for a fact, my wifes father is a Baptist minister and her whole family are rabid Christians. Nicest people you'll ever meet and I'm serious. They go out of their way to help people and never have a bad word to say about anybody. They don't hate atheists, they think they're funny.

And I seriously doubt that any atheist cares how your wife's family feels about them, one way or the other. Of course Christians think atheists are "misguided". The Church thought that people who said that the Earth revolved around the sun were "misguided" (and the Church only admitted it was wrong in 1992!). Anyway, if a Churchy person thinks my thinking is misguided, I consider that a compliment.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 7th, 2010 at 4:23:13 PM permalink

And I seriously doubt that any atheist cares how your wife's family feels about them.

Are you joking? You're kidding, right? You know how much time Christians spend thinking or writing about atheists? Almost zero. Yet most atheists seem absolutely OBSESSED with Christians, they'll talk about them for hours if you give them the chance. Look at Bill Maher. He almost froths at mouth when the subject comes up. Its like his neighborhood was full of Christian gangs when he was a kid and they held him down and read the Bible to him or something, and its payback time. LOL! If I could even get my wife to express an opinion on atheists, she would say she felt sorry for them. And I would have to work at it to get that much out of her on the subject.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 4:27:12 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Why only Christian? I can't Jewish in America and love God? My friends can't be Muslim in America and love God? All three faiths worship the same Deity. Why should one specific religious interpretation be forced upon the rest of us?

Remember, I'm not an intellectual. I believe anyone who believes in God to be a Christian.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 4:29:43 PM permalink

Are you joking? You're kidding, right? You know how much time Christians spend thinking or writing about atheists? Almost zero. Yet most atheists seem absolutely OBSESSED with Christians, they'll talk about them for hours if you give them the chance. Look at Bill Maher. He almost froths at mouth when the subject comes up. Its like his neighborhood was full of Christian gangs when he was a kid and they held him down and read the Bible to him or something, and its payback time. LOL! If I could even get my wife to express an opinion on atheists, she would say she felt sorry for them. And I would have to work at it to get that much out of her on the subject.

THAT is very true. People like MKL are obsessed about anything religion, and anyone who marries a woman, esp. one as attractive as Sarah Palin. We OTOH only appear when it's time to slap those type of people down when they make continued unsupportable assertions about a way of life that is accepted, moral, and non-mentally retarded.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 4:35:55 PM permalink

And I seriously doubt that any atheist cares how your wife's family feels about them, one way or the other. Of course Christians think atheists are "misguided". The Church thought that people who said that the Earth revolved around the sun were "misguided" (and the Church only admitted it was wrong in 1992!). Anyway, if a Churchy person thinks my thinking is misguided, I consider that a compliment.

Which church was that, exactly? There's more than one.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 4:39:54 PM permalink

Remember, I'm not an intellectual. I believe anyone who believes in God to be a Christian.

Well you'd be wrong. A Christian believes that Jesus Christ died for their sins, and was resurrected, that the way to heaven lies only through him and his teachings.

There's many variants on that, for sure, but Christianity in general is founded on that concept. Some of the founding father's were Deists, but not Christians.
thecesspit
thecesspit
December 7th, 2010 at 4:41:06 PM permalink

I dunno, there's some Christians out there, like certain members of the American Roman Catholic church who find atheism an affront to their very souls.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 7th, 2010 at 5:12:07 PM permalink

THAT is very true. People like MKL are obsessed about anything religion, and anyone who marries a woman, esp. one as attractive as Sarah Palin.

Judge not, and you shall not be judged.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
December 7th, 2010 at 5:20:28 PM permalink

Judge not, and you shall not be judged.

I have no problem being judged. Especially by atheists.
  • Jump to: