DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
September 20th, 2010 at 3:30:25 PM permalink
Belief-o-matic Quiz ...

I am such a Secular Humanist I can't stand it ...

Damn those Secular Humanists I say! Damn them all to hell!

--Dorothy
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
chook
chook
  • Threads: 5
September 20th, 2010 at 3:49:34 PM permalink
Way too complicated for me. What does high, medium & low mean?
You can't trust a dog to mind your food.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 3:51:46 PM permalink
High means 7 or above, medium is 3 to 6, and low means 0 - 2. I thought everybody knew that ...

--Dorothy
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
September 20th, 2010 at 4:02:05 PM permalink
What it says I am: Secular Humanist (100%)
What I consider myself: Taoist (48%) (I would say ouch, but I believe a Taoist would just shrug and say 'meh' about divining ones' faith via quiz)
How I was raised: Roman Catholic (15%)
Comedy option: Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (11%)

I'm also going to throw this one out there for shits and giggles: Battleground God
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
chook
chook
September 20th, 2010 at 4:16:49 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

High means 7 or above, medium is 3 to 6, and low means 0 - 2. I thought everybody knew that ...

--Dorothy

Well, you didn't have to go and hit me! Is my nose bleeding?
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
September 20th, 2010 at 4:26:11 PM permalink
100 % Secular Humanist, 3% Jehovah's Witness. And only 83% Non-theist, which is where I'd have aimed myself on the list.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 4:30:27 PM permalink
Quote: chook

Well, you didn't have to go and hit me! Is my nose bleeding?

... you mean I can be funny and you actually got it ...

... I think this site has the widest spread of IQ's of any on the Internet.

--Dorothy
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 4:36:28 PM permalink
Dorothy's Belief-o-matic results ...

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (94%)

26. Roman Catholic (21%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (14%)

--Dorothy
edvosik
edvosik
  • Threads: 0
September 20th, 2010 at 4:36:41 PM permalink
I got
1. Theravada Buddhism (100%)
I never heard of it. Should I feel complimented or insulted?
chook
chook
September 20th, 2010 at 4:41:46 PM permalink

... you mean I can be funny and you actually got it ...

... I think this site has the widest spread of IQ's of any on the Internet.

--Dorothy

I keep forgetting I'm not in Kansas!
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 5:07:23 PM permalink
Quote: edvosik

I got
1. Theravada Buddhism (100%)
I never heard of it. Should I feel complimented or insulted?

As a Buddhist, you should not feel either, rather, you should have compassion, as you acknowledge that the cause of all suffering is desire.

There are non-theistic and poly-theistic forms of Buddhism. The Dali-boo-boo is definitely into the theistic side ... non-theists are the Zen-like guys.

One of my favorite recent reads was "Confessions of a Buddhist Atheist" by Stephen Bachelor. I am not sure I have this right, but according to Bachelor, Buddha was an Atheist whose teachings were distorted by the natural evolution that takes place when a wise guy says wise stuff. As Vonnegut so aptly put it "Man's got to tell himself he understands." Theravada is based on the oldest recorded documents on the Buddha's teachings, and hence, they are more towards the secular side.

--Dorothy
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
September 20th, 2010 at 5:34:11 PM permalink

Belief-o-matic Quiz ...

I am such a Secular Humanist I can't stand it ...

Damn those Secular Humanists I say! Damn them all to hell!

--Dorothy

The quiz called me a Stinking Commie Bleeding Heart Liberal. Then, it turned off my computer. While I was reconnecting, two guys in white robes holding clubs and Bibles came to my door. They asked for me, but, thinking quickly, I told them I was the cable TV repairman, and the resident of the house had just gone to a meeting of Godless secular humanists. I gave them the address and directions (to the town dump). They thanked me and left, and if they come back, I am NOT answering.

Thanks a HEAP, Dorothy! I, personally, never WAS in Kansas.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 5:46:10 PM permalink
[ A post by mkl654321 has been blocked due to your settings | Show it to me anyway | View members I have blocked ]

--Dorothy
chook
chook
September 20th, 2010 at 6:00:26 PM permalink

[ A post by mkl654321 has been blocked due to your settings | Show it to me anyway | View members I have blocked ]

--Dorothy

This looks ominous.
I promise to stop, using quotes from that inane prehistoric children's movie, if you unblock me.
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
September 20th, 2010 at 6:05:55 PM permalink

--Dorothy

This looks ominous.
I promise to stop, using quotes from that inane prehistoric children's movie, if you unblock me.

Being blocked by certain individuals on this site is a badge of honor. Wear it with pride.

(Speaking of pride, I wonder why on earth Dorothy feels it necessary to broadcast that she's blocked me? MY feelings aren't hurt, and I doubt that anyone ELSE gives a poop.)
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
September 20th, 2010 at 6:14:50 PM permalink

This looks ominous.

Yes, it is very scary.

Boo!!!

--Dorothy
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 20th, 2010 at 8:22:07 PM permalink
Unitarian Universalism is mine. I hate those guys, aren't they mostly fags and dope addicts? Its seems to be mostly people who are too lazy to believe in anything. Yup, thats me. Yawn..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
chook
chook
September 20th, 2010 at 8:26:14 PM permalink

Yes, it is very scary.

Boo!!!

--Dorothy

Frightened? Child, you're talking to a man who's laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe... I was petrified.

Sorry.
progrocker
progrocker
  • Threads: 4
September 20th, 2010 at 10:05:11 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Unitarian Universalism is mine. I hate those guys, aren't they mostly fags and dope addicts? Its seems to be mostly people who are too lazy to believe in anything. Yup, thats me. Yawn..

UU is just the religious/church front (which can be practiced in either Christian or less mainstream traditions) for the philosophy of Deism, which of course heavily influenced many of the United States' founding fathers. What a bunch of fags and dope addicts they were, right?
Solo venimos, solo nos vamos. Y aqui nos juntamos, juntos que estamos.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 20th, 2010 at 10:44:01 PM permalink
Quote: progrocker

UU is just the religious/church front (which can be practiced in either Christian or less mainstream traditions) for the philosophy of Deism, which of course heavily influenced many of the United States' founding fathers. What a bunch of fags and dope addicts they were, right?

I was making a joke because it sounds so phoney baloney. Everybody has to be pigeon holed or nobody is happy. Most of the founding fathers probably weren't fags or drug addicts, not that it would make them bad guys if they were..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: