Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 6th, 2015 at 4:08:08 AM permalink
If anyone did bet on Tiger, at least they don't have to sweat it out all weekend.
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
February 6th, 2015 at 6:53:02 AM permalink
Tiger doesn't have a back problem. He has the "yips", with every club in his bag. He is scared to hit a golf ball. It's very obvious.

The guys on TV are smart enough to know this, but they can't call him out (so they went along with the "back" excuse, although they did drop a few hints).

Tiger needs a shrink, not a swing coach.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 6th, 2015 at 7:25:55 AM permalink
He certainly has the yips when it comes to putting and chipping and I wouldn't rule out steroids. Changing instructors hasn't gotten the desired results. He should have stayed with Butch Harmon and never changed his winning swing.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
February 6th, 2015 at 7:36:32 AM permalink
Before this past weekend, but after Phoenix, I made bets with two different individuals that Tiger wouldn't win another major in the next five years, through the 2019 season. I'm liking my bet now, hell he may never win another PGA tour event.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 6th, 2015 at 7:43:51 AM permalink
Maybe Elin's 9 iron took a divot out of Tiger's brain.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
February 6th, 2015 at 11:54:40 AM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

Before this past weekend, but after Phoenix, I made bets with two different individuals that Tiger wouldn't win another major in the next five years, through the 2019 season. I'm liking my bet now, hell he may never win another PGA tour event.

Even money or what?
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
February 6th, 2015 at 1:21:38 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Even money or what?

Yes, even money.

I'm tempted to offer the same bet (no wins in the next five years) on ANY pga tour event, but will need some odds and can't get my arms around a price
Frogger
Frogger
  • Threads: 14
February 13th, 2015 at 8:25:53 PM permalink
Good bet
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 2nd, 2015 at 8:47:19 AM permalink
Quote: Yoyomama

I'm not a golfer, but continue to be amazed by the fall of Tiger Woods. Has there ever been a sports figure as successful & talented as Woods & then fallen as far as him because of a divorce or other similar situation? It's like Mickey Mantle going without a home run for a season because he got caught cheating and divorced during the off season.

Tiger has gone from top of the heap to middle of the road over night. He isn't as good as he used to be. Because of a divorce? Divorce is tough, but he certainly isn't the first.

So any other athlete lost his talent over night because of a divorce or similar situation?

Not really, but Mike Tyson comes to mind after he had a sudden urge to snack.................
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 2nd, 2015 at 9:51:28 AM permalink
I don't think Tyson's fall from grace was due to snacking, although that may have played a part in it. Him going to jail for 3 years in the prime of his career is what did him in. He still was good when he came out but never was the same athlete again.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish

• Jump to: