shaun5
shaun5
  • Threads: 5
April 6th, 2012 at 5:27:32 PM permalink
Just thought I'd throw this out here in case anyone else finds this interesting.

My wife and I go to the Wynn each year with her sister and brother-in-law. We are all Red Card members. Each couple plays on one card (so my wife and I play on mine and her sister and b-i-l play on his). For a while, we went twice a year. Two years ago, we came away up $10,000 for the year. Last year, we were down $3,000. The Red Card website verified this with their Win/Loss statement.

Anyway.. We used to get good deals all the time - free rooms plus up to $400 in Free Play. Over the last year or two, our offers have all but disappeared. My in-laws still get the offers. Our play is almost identical - we all mainly play video poker. They sometimes play some penny slot to break things up a bit. We'll play VP for 8-10 hours a day over three days.

Anyway, at one of our trips in the past, I must have been playing a lot because, while I was sitting at a VP machine, I had someone come up to me and introduce himself as my executive host. From that trip on, I pretty much stopped getting offers in the mail and via email and had to call him to get an offer. No big deal. It's kind of flattering, actually. He told me now I should just charge everything to my room and then talk to him before I leave to see if I played enough to get anything comped. I never have. And I only ever get 2 nights free.

But what has bothered me is that my in-laws continue to get deals for free rooms and Free Play money while I only get offered free rooms when I call my host. (My wife won $4,000 using Free Play money, so we like it :-) ) I mentioned this to him last month when I called, and he put me on hold and looked into it. When he came back on the line, he told me that it looked like I mainly play video poker and that the Wynn had cut back a lot on comps to VP players.

I imagine the economy has a lot to do with this. (I've also noticed their VP pay tables have gotten worse over the last couple of years.) We've only ever really been VP players and we got decent comps in the past. But it looks like times have changed and you'll need to play some other games to get comps.

This isn't a complaint. I'm just throwing this out there for informational purposes.
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
April 7th, 2012 at 6:59:53 AM permalink
Well you're a stinking, no-good, comp-sucking Video Poker player, that's why. They secretly hope you crawl into the gutter and die. (Or go to Arizona Charlie's -- same thing :) )
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 7th, 2012 at 7:24:37 AM permalink
Perhaps you need to vary your roll a bit or else accept your fate and shuffle off to Arizona Charlies as the band plays "I was a big man yesterday, but man you ought to see me now". That tee-shirt with "This is the way I roll" and a VP machine on it sort of means you went into the electronic "re-adjustment" group where mailings decreased, comp rates lessened and your card gets re-issued to you with the image of a leech. Perhaps we will meet at the 3:00am Arizona Charlies Bingo Game.
  • Jump to: