PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
April 9th, 2012 at 2:05:15 PM permalink
I just got an offer in the mail for three free weeknights at Venetian/Palazzo, plus $75 match play. This is kind of surprising, as I haven't really gambled that much at these hotels. I've concentrated my gambling at Caesar's and MGM properties in order to maximize my offers from them. Yet both of these organizations have been cutting back on my offers. I used to get free Aria and Bellagio offers from MGM, now my typical offer is $100/nt. And Caesar's says I can stay free at Imperial Palace anytime I want, but anything else is going to cost me.

Unfortunately, the Venetian offer is good thru May, and my next trip will be in June. I'm going to hold off on making hotel reservations, and hope that I get something good for June in the next month or so. If nothing comes through, I can always crash at IP.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.
keypunch
keypunch
  • Threads: 6
April 9th, 2012 at 2:24:14 PM permalink
The same has occurred with me. Use to get free nights at both Harrah's and MGM now just lower rates. Hence this trip I will play at Venetian.
fulkgl
fulkgl
  • Threads: 2
April 9th, 2012 at 9:26:40 PM permalink
Don't worry, it's a bait-and-switch piece of advertising by Venetian/Palazzo. I've played there a little bit. But if you try and claim the 3 nights, good luck. They've been sending me 3 free nights plus match play and other offers for over a year. I average 2 offers per month. Every attempt to claim the room offer is met with no rooms for that offer are available. And the match play or meals or other offers they've made me are all tied to the room. If you aren't in the room, the other offers are null and void. For instance, I tried to make a claim for May. No nights available. But the lady was willing to book a 3 night weekend (not a holiday nor high traffic time) for only $900.
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
April 24th, 2012 at 3:24:46 PM permalink
Woohoo! I just got a similar offer that's good through June. Booked it for June 26-29 with no problem. I'm arriving in Vegas on the 24th, so I'm still waiting for a good offer for the 24th and 25th. Hopefully I'll get something from Aria or Bellagio. If not, I'll probably stay at Planet Hollywood for $40/night.
  • Jump to: