JB
Administrator
JB
  • Threads: 334
October 13th, 2009 at 2:25:59 PM permalink
This thread is to be used to discuss entertainment available at Imperial Palace.
OneAngryDwarf
OneAngryDwarf
  • Threads: 44
January 23rd, 2011 at 6:43:49 PM permalink
The Auto Collection at the IP is a pretty cool place to spend an afternoon, if you like cars. Most of the cars are for sale, and I was surprised at some of the prices--most were indeed $100K and up, as I expected, but there were some (relatively) reasonably priced cars as well (buy a 1983 Rolls-Royce for only $35,000!)

By far the most bizarre car in the collection: a YUGO, plopped right between all the Mercedes and Jaguars. It, too, can be yours for the outrageous price of...$14,000!!! (Admittedly, it looked to be in very good condition, but still...$14K for a Yugo???)
"I believe I've passed the age/of consciousness and righteous rage/I've found that just surviving was a noble fight... I once believed in causes too/I had my pointless point of view/And life went on no matter who was wrong or right..." --Billy Joel
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 23rd, 2011 at 7:45:35 PM permalink
Quote: OneAngryDwarf

The Auto Collection at the IP is a pretty cool place to spend an afternoon, if you like cars. Most of the cars are for sale, and I was surprised at some of the prices--most were indeed $100K and up, as I expected, but there were some (relatively) reasonably priced cars as well (buy a 1983 Rolls-Royce for only $35,000!)

By far the most bizarre car in the collection: a YUGO, plopped right between all the Mercedes and Jaguars. It, too, can be yours for the outrageous price of...$14,000!!! (Admittedly, it looked to be in very good condition, but still...$14K for a Yugo???)

Well, since you wouldn't buy ANY of those cars to drive around, the fact that you wouldn't get half a mile in that Yugo before it disintegrated shouldn't be a factor in the price. For all we know, it might be the only one in the world that hasn't fallen to pieces just from sitting in someone's driveway.

The Auto Collection is really cool, I agree. If you're staying in the hotel, they'll give you a coupon for two free admissions if you ask. Ralph the Nazi liked two things very, very much--SS memorabilia and Rolls Royces (have you ever seen so many RRs in one place?)--though some say it was his girlfriend(s) who liked the Rolls Royces.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
  • Jump to: