Joeman
Joeman 
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1911
December 29th, 2015 at 5:57:04 AM permalink
So, I'm planning a trip to Biloxi in a few weeks, and I have a Free Play offer for Harrah's on the My TR website. Actually, its not "free" -- it does require a nominal point accumulation, but that's beside the point. The offer states:

Quote: MyTotalRewards Offer

Bring coupon, valid government issued ID & Total Rewards card to Casino Services/Total Rewards to redeem.

To redeem your offer, please follow the instructions on your mail piece or email. A print out of this page is NOT a physical coupon and cannot be used for redemption where a coupon is required and some offers require a physical coupon to redeem.

The only thing is, I never received a mailer or email for this offer.

Has anyone else run into this situation? What's the best way to make sure I can redeem this offer? Should I just call the Harrah's in Biloxi and ask to speak to someone in Total Rewards?
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19254
December 29th, 2015 at 6:36:32 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

So, I'm planning a trip to Biloxi in a few weeks, and I have a Free Play offer for Harrah's on the My TR website. Actually, its not "free" -- it does require a nominal point accumulation, but that's beside the point. The offer states:

The only thing is, I never received a mailer or email for this offer.

Has anyone else run into this situation? What's the best way to make sure I can redeem this offer? Should I just call the Harrah's in Biloxi and ask to speak to someone in Total Rewards?

Normally it requiters an official mailer. If you're talking about Scarlet Pearl that deal ends December 30th 2015.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ukaserex
ukaserex
Joined: Jul 12, 2015
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 262
December 29th, 2015 at 8:10:34 AM permalink
My best advice is to call.

Still, when you get to Harrah's, take your player's card, use it at the kiosk and look for offers.

My weekly coupons (valid for 1 week) are on the kiosk. They're also mailed to me.
The one-day special coupons are not on the kiosk, so if they're not mailed, you can't access them. So, this is where the player's club might help out. They should have your offers on their computer, and may be able to print the free play tickets for you. You'll have to call to be sure.
"Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they are doing." - John Cleese
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
December 29th, 2015 at 9:01:04 AM permalink
Quote: ukaserex

My best advice is to call.

Still, when you get to Harrah's, take your player's card, use it at the kiosk and look for offers.

My weekly coupons (valid for 1 week) are on the kiosk. They're also mailed to me.
The one-day special coupons are not on the kiosk, so if they're not mailed, you can't access them. So, this is where the player's club might help out. They should have your offers on their computer, and may be able to print the free play tickets for you. You'll have to call to be sure.



(comment deleted by request)
On TR, you can look at your offers, but many require that you actually have the mailed offer to redeem, IIRC.
It may be that my wife, Sparkles, is hiding my offers from me....
I'm trapped, in so many ways......
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Jan 12, 2016
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
mikes0805
mikes0805
Joined: Jan 2, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 56
January 9th, 2016 at 3:04:04 PM permalink
Call or email your host ahead of time and let them know you haven't received a mailer for an offer that is in the system. Most will accommodate as they can generate a comp on property and cancel the offer out in the system prior to your arrival to avoid double dipping. My advice; don't wait until you get there.
Joeman
Joeman 
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1911
January 20th, 2016 at 10:21:52 AM permalink
Thanks for the advice, all. I did end up calling the casino a few days before our trip, and asked to speak with someone at the TotalRewards desk. She made sure they would have it at the cashier's window. I was able to pick it up with no problems.

Incidentally, we had comped rooms at the IP for Sat & Sun nights last weekend, but hadn't booked a room for Fri night until last Monday. I ended up getting a good rate on a Gulf View standard room at Harrah's. We arrived Friday night a little after midnight. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a Suite! We hadn't even asked about an upgrade. Honestly, after an exhausting drive, we just wanted a bed.

It made me wonder if this was one of the rooms that the casino holds in reserve, and if no VIP shows up by midnight, they release the room? The front desk clerk did mention something like, "Since you are only here for one night..." while checking us in.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
mikes0805
mikes0805
Joined: Jan 2, 2015
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 56
January 20th, 2016 at 10:31:08 AM permalink
That's why it always pays to call and check; the worst case scenario they say no. Knowing your front desk staff always helps as they will make an extra effort in securing a room upgrade if possible ;)

Glad you got your offer reissued. Many players don't realize the key to upgrades and comps outside of marketing offers come through a host. Reach out.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 149
  • Posts: 19254
January 20th, 2016 at 10:34:30 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman



It made me wonder if this was one of the rooms that the casino holds in reserve, and if no VIP shows up by midnight, they release the room? The front desk clerk did mention something like, "Since you are only here for one night..." while checking us in.

Players first time meeting a host. Player asks if he can get a discount. Host replies, "no sorry we are all sold out for the weekend." Player, "where is the nearest Harrah's because I have a 7 star card." Host, OH! You know what I almost forgot we do have something nice avaliable"
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Joeman
Joeman 
Joined: Feb 21, 2014
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1911
January 20th, 2016 at 11:37:15 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Players first time meeting a host. Player asks if he can get a discount. Host replies, "no sorry we are all sold out for the weekend." Player, "where is the nearest Harrah's because I have a 7 star card." Host, OH! You know what I almost forgot we do have something nice avaliable"

lol!

I guess there is a possibility that whoever I talked to at TR made a note on the reservation on my behalf, but I seriously doubt they were impressed by my history of red chip action or my Gold status! I just chalked it up to luck of the draw as far as the room upgrade.

Oddly enough, the same thing happened to us at the Hyatt in downtown St. Louis last October. Checked-in late in the evening for a 1-night stay and got upgraded to a suite for no apparent reason.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Moosek99
Moosek99
Joined: Jan 20, 2016
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 4
January 20th, 2016 at 11:42:00 AM permalink
Yes. I have run into it. The online offer will have a code. If you call TR they can add the code to your reservations so there is no issue. I do that because I'm kind of anxious about those things. But I've also found if you print out the online offer and bring it in they honor that.

  • Jump to: