beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 11th, 2015 at 5:26:44 AM permalink
I just got an invite to Vegas Uncork'd at Caesar's this April (for 2, with 5 nights comped). Has anyone been? Is it just one night, or a whole weekend? Is it just food and wine, or is there more involved? If I wasn't being comped, what do tickets tend to cost? Trying to figure out if it's something worth making a special trip. Thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 11th, 2015 at 5:51:56 AM permalink
So, I found a website that answered some of this. The tickets CET provided are for The Grand Tasting, which seems to be the main event, and they're early access, which the website says cost $300 each. Nice comp, along with 5 nights at CP. But there are about 20 events over 4 days and nights, most at CP, the rest at MGM properties, several of which are already sold out, tickets to each about 150-200. My tickets do not appear to cover any of those.

Still very interested to hear from anyone who's done this and whether it was worth going. Thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
mikes0805
mikes0805
  • Threads: 5
February 22nd, 2015 at 2:46:04 PM permalink
If your a foodie like me it will be a fun event. Celebrity chef's like Guy Fieri and Emeril Lagasse.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 22nd, 2015 at 3:22:43 PM permalink
"The difference was preparation, strategy, and implementing/executing during the Grand Tasting Main Event. I am going to share with you what made my experience more enjoyable.

First off, book your tickets in advance and pick up your tickets at Will Call at least a day before to avoid the mad rush. Second, arrive AT LEAST an hour early day of. We got there at least an hour before and while we were probably in the 3-400 range in line, it gave us a head start on the 2,500+ attendees.

Next, when the doors open, go as far back as you can to hit all the other booths. Every novice is going to be taken back in amazement by the dazzling display and will park at all of the first booths they see. This creates a log jam and ineffectively screws up your efficiency and time. You have 2.5 hours to hit up close to 100 fine dining establishments. In other words, less than 2 minutes per station. This gave us a HUGE advantage over everyone else as we navigated with ease."
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: