BlackjackKing
BlackjackKing
  • Threads: 9
February 19th, 2015 at 9:08:30 AM permalink
Has anyone participated in the "Mother Lode Swipe & Win" promotion at Binion's?

If so, what did you win from that promotion?
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 231
February 19th, 2015 at 9:15:31 AM permalink
Quote: BlackjackKing

I got $5 in free slot play.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
February 19th, 2015 at 9:23:15 AM permalink
94 key chains, 54 fanny packs, 27 BBQ sets, 10 blankets, promo chips, free slot play, free well drinks and food. Ok, maybe those numbers are inflated but I was up to my neck in Binions swag and never once hit the cash prize on any tier.
100% risk of ruin
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 128
February 19th, 2015 at 9:25:58 AM permalink

Is that the one with guy standing at the entrance enticing passerby to free play a special bank of machines near the player's club. Because if it is, I didn't win anything.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
February 19th, 2015 at 9:32:49 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Is that the one with guy standing at the entrance enticing passerby to free play a special bank of machines near the player's club. Because if it is, I didn't win anything.

Didn't you get a coupon for a free picture with the Million Dollar display? Everyone's a winner... hehe
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 128
February 19th, 2015 at 10:04:59 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Didn't you get a coupon for a free picture with the Million Dollar display? Everyone's a winner... hehe

I have about 5 photos of myself from 2010 to last year of myself and friends in front of that Million Dollars. I also have a photo of myself when I was younger in front of the original display. I used to see Benny Binion there from time to time. He used to sit at booth #1 in the coffee shop (first booth on the right as you enter).
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
February 19th, 2015 at 10:12:50 AM permalink
The interesting thing about the machines by the Player's Club booth, is that you play by stopping the reels, rather than starting them. I wonder if you could actually time the button to stop the reels on the more valuable symbols, or is it just an illusion of control?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
February 19th, 2015 at 1:56:24 PM permalink

Are they still doing that? That's terrific!

This was nearly a year ago, but to the best of my recollection, I won a hat, $10 Free Play, $20 Non-Negotiable Chips, $10 Non-Negotiable Chips and a couple free drink things. Based on my very limited sample size and stuff I saw (or heard about) other people winning, I'd say it is very slightly +EV for a Video Poker player to do the first two levels.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 23
February 19th, 2015 at 11:23:37 PM permalink
I actually really like the Binion jacket I got off the third tier a few years ago. (Same one I wore to the recent meet up, in fact. If anybody really wants to get rid of a few in new condition, I'll trade a sandwich or something.)

Are you sure you got nonnegs? Last time I picked them up, they were even-money promos.

Edit: Piles of FP, promo chips, a few fanny packs, jackets, shirts, meal coupons, free drinks, flashlights, key chains, light up pins, card bungees...
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 120
February 20th, 2015 at 3:13:59 PM permalink
Quote: Venthus

Are you sure you got nonnegs? Last time I picked them up, they were even-money promos.

I am 100% sure they were non-negotiable chips at that time, and they could be played on anything.
Vultures can't be choosers.

• Jump to: