Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 6, 2012
April 16th, 2013 at 8:00:26 PM permalink
I'm planning a trip in the upcoming weeks. I have come to fall in love with ballys because of how easy it is to get in an out of valet and straight to the freeway and vice versa. I typically play at out of the way places but that is another story. The rooms are also very nice. My rooms are always comped however this time I would have to pay a little. I am considering staying at harrahs since the rooms would be comped... I am curious to hear how the rooms and ease of access to the valet are at harrahs compared to ballys. Thank you in advance for any advice that anyone can offer.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
April 16th, 2013 at 8:19:55 PM permalink
I've never valeted either place. Otherwise, I would take Harrah's over Bally's. The latter is the most nondescript boring warehouse casino on the Strip.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
April 16th, 2013 at 8:34:32 PM permalink
I also haven't stayed at either for a quite a while, as I now live in Vegas, but from a traffic viewpoint, Harrah's is a mess right now. You have access from the strip which is always a crap shoot. Used to be there was relatively easy access sneaking in the back way via Audrey street (off of Flamingo) or the other access road (off of Koval), but that whole area is all tied up and sometimes closed due to the Linq project/Observation wheel construction.

One other consideration is that the both properties are no longer resort fee free. I beleive the resort fee is in the $15 range, so if you have to pay even a small amount for Bally's you will need to add the resort fee per night, while if Harrah's is comped, the resort fee may not apply. I would check to see what the Caesars Properties policies with resort fees concenrning comped rooms are, or perhaps someone else knows more about it.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
April 16th, 2013 at 9:11:24 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I've never valeted either place. Otherwise, I would take Harrah's over Bally's. The latter is the most nondescript boring warehouse casino on the Strip.



True, but Bally's is good for the $20 trick at least. Stayed there 3 times, and maybe have gambled a total of $100 coin-in there. lol

Also if he is only Gold, he would have to pay resort fees on the comped room. Platinum or higher get waived. If he is Gold, then I would take Bally's because the In/Out seems a LOT easier and he has to pay the fees at either location.
Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 6, 2012
April 16th, 2013 at 9:13:05 PM permalink
I hadn't even considered the resort fees, but after checking they would be waived at both locations. I guess my dilemma is whether the ease and convenience of being able to get in and out and keeping the potential traffic hassle to a minimum is worth it. I'm also interested in how the rooms compare at each place. I'm not worried about the casinos and the games or rules offered cause I will not be playing there. With the construction going on the only acces to the valet parking is from the strip?
Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 6, 2012
April 16th, 2013 at 9:14:49 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

True, but Bally's is good for the $20 trick at least. Stayed there 3 times, and maybe have gambled a total of $100 coin-in there. lol

Also if he is only Gold, he would have to pay resort fees on the comped room. Platinum or higher get waived. If he is Gold, then I would take Bally's because the In/Out seems a LOT easier and he has to pay the fees at either location.


Yeah I'm diamond, sorry forgot to mention... Thanks for everyone's input thus far, I really appreciate it.
IAchance5
IAchance5
  • Threads: 41
  • Posts: 167
Joined: May 28, 2010
June 17th, 2013 at 5:57:43 PM permalink
Quote: Dreamer

I'm planning a trip in the upcoming weeks. I have come to fall in love with ballys because of how easy it is to get in an out of valet and straight to the freeway and vice versa. I typically play at out of the way places but that is another story. The rooms are also very nice. My rooms are always comped however this time I would have to pay a little. I am considering staying at harrahs since the rooms would be comped... I am curious to hear how the rooms and ease of access to the valet are at harrahs compared to ballys. Thank you in advance for any advice that anyone can offer.



So where did you end up staying? Harrah's or Bally's?
Dreamer
Dreamer
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 107
Joined: Dec 6, 2012
June 17th, 2013 at 6:44:24 PM permalink
Funny story, in short I didn't stay at either. I ended up booking harrahs for four nights over Memorial Day week end thurs- mon, I waited too long so I ended up having to pay $23 for sat night. I checked back on the total rewards site over the next couple days and saw that the Rio had opened up over the same period for me all nights comped. So I cancel my harrahs reservation and booked at the Rio.

I was very happy with the Rio and will be staying there again over July fourth. The room was great, valet and ease of getting in and out to the freeway without dealing with traffic was awesome. The only marginal downside was that I couldn't easily walk around on the strip as easily as I could from ballys. But overall I liked the Rio better than Ballys after staying there.
DiceSteve44
DiceSteve44
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 14
Joined: Apr 26, 2013
August 20th, 2014 at 3:44:18 PM permalink
We stay at Bally's. It is attached to Paris. Convenient location. Easy access to many casinos. Always had a clean room too.
Wanderer
Wanderer
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 144
Joined: Jul 9, 2014
December 28th, 2014 at 5:35:08 AM permalink
Quote: DiceSteve44

We stay at Bally's. It is attached to Paris. Convenient location. Easy access to many casinos. Always had a clean room too.



I have stayed at Bally's 2-3 times. If all you're looking for is a room, it's probably the best combination of price/location on the Strip.
Venthus
Venthus
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1125
Joined: Dec 10, 2012
December 29th, 2014 at 2:52:26 PM permalink
Kind of hate Bally's. Marathon to get to anywhere else, parking is kind of a pain, usual mediocre CET rules, no cheap eats within easy reach, kept hearing planes all night. (And CET locations have been beating my head in all month, but that's part of how it works.)

I'll stick with the Rio myself, if staying at CET.
  • Jump to: