Lucky777
Lucky777
  • Threads: 3
December 20th, 2011 at 12:33:34 AM permalink
May not be a total "thrill seeker" but was thinking of doing it. I was reading if you bring a wrapped toy, for a good cause, you get five bucks off. It's five bucks more after 6 p.m. Number is 702.410.7999.
So if I bring a wrapped toy for the "Boys' and Girls' Club" I get five dollars off, supposedly. I'm feeling guilty as I haven't bought my Toys for Tots gift this year and it may be too late, so this could be my contribution, plus this was my dad's pick of organizations at his funeral for donations.

Haven't called to verify but we'll be downtown.
Any thoughts? Thx!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 20th, 2011 at 7:55:12 AM permalink
It looks pretty lame.

There is a better one nearby: this video compares the two:

bootlegcanyon

But if you want the ultimate ...

zippiestzipline
"What, me worry?"
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
December 20th, 2011 at 8:43:04 AM permalink
Canopy Tours in Puerto Vallarta is more fun. You get to see the whole jungle where they filmed Predator. The zip line is just a portion of the tour.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
December 20th, 2011 at 10:32:28 AM permalink
The Fremont Street zip line looks like fun, especially at night when the lights are on. Note that winter brings a chill to the air, and the crowd. There is a also the SkyJump at the Stratosphere, where you drop down the outside of the tower, 108 floors held back by only a cable connected to a harnass. It is very expensive ($110 USD), at least to me. I don't know how much they are charging for the Fremont zip line.

Note that for only a little more (~$150 usd) you could tandem parachute out of a plane including a 60 second freefall from 10,000 feet up. Several vendors are near Las Vegas.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 20th, 2011 at 10:36:53 AM permalink
Sounds super fun! I saw the Fremont zipline thing the last time I was there and also saw Frank Marino go across that one on "The Millionaire Matchmaker". I want to do it the next time I'm out there. I'll probably feel really scared once I get up to the top but I would rather do that than SkyJump or regular skydiving. That would be waaaay to scary for me.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Lucky777
Lucky777
December 20th, 2011 at 7:36:27 PM permalink
You and I think alike. There is nothing too lame for me. Don't know what happened to me but as you get older you get more scared of things! Forget jumping out of anything. I can't even stand being on a ladder!
Yeah, saw that guy on Millionaire Matchmaker. His stupid date got so drunk that it was hilarious! I'll write back if I give it a try. Last time I was there I remember thinking, oh, how stupid, doesn't even look like it's worth it, but I'm sure it's a different story if you're on it. It might be just my speed! I'll have hubby and doggie down below for support and then I'll yell out to my dog how much I love her! HA!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
December 20th, 2011 at 7:59:48 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I'll probably feel really scared once I get up to the top but I would rather do that than SkyJump or regular skydiving. That would be waaaay to scary for me.

You know what's really fun? Parachute rides. Though I don't know if they're still around. It's where you strap on a parachute and a boat pulls you at speed. You get lift and you rise. if the line breaks, you've already have a deployed chute and float gently down (don't talk baout tangled lines ni water, though...)

I did that years ago in Acapulco. I absolutely loved it.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
December 20th, 2011 at 10:03:24 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Sounds super fun! I saw the Fremont zipline thing the last time I was there and also saw Frank Marino go across that one on "The Millionaire Matchmaker". I want to do it the next time I'm out there. I'll probably feel really scared once I get up to the top but I would rather do that than SkyJump or regular skydiving. That would be waaaay to scary for me.

Tandem skydiving is very frightening. You think your heart will rip out of your chest when they open the door and your sitting there at 10,000 feet with your legs dangling off the edge of the plane. Then they basically push you out, so you don't really have much choice. Just don't go if there is even a drizzle. The rain drops feel like somebody is shooting little pellets at you.

The other option is indoor skydiving. Basically you put on a floppy suit and stand on a jet engine covered by a grate, and they turn the jet on.

Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
December 20th, 2011 at 10:06:17 PM permalink
The zip line does look like fun. Go for it. You only live once. I believe that there's also one up near Boulder City. Experience everything you can.
Lucky777
Lucky777
December 21st, 2011 at 8:05:19 PM permalink
Oh, Thanks, I'll look into that one out by Boulder City. We're going to have a car and I'm hoping it's nice enough to go out to Red Rock Canyon and do some rock hiking. Someone said Calico Basin is better. Anyone have any suggestions? Last time we hiked at the main area and we loved it. My doggie was scared to be on the rocks so I got to hold her close. She can be a bit allusive at times.
Thanks! Yes, I know about experiencing it all, but I don't have a "bucket list" like most people. I enjoy staying in our nice house. I'm a homebody, don't even like to travel that much.
Cheers!
  • Jump to: