Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:05:57 AM permalink
Deleted by author.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:21:56 AM permalink
I've seen "LOVE" before and it's pretty good, but vs. other cirque shows, focuses on music and dancing more than acrobatics.

Being too young for the Beatles (Lennon died when I was an infant), I didn't really connect a bunch with the music. I also have sensitive hearing, and man that show is loud. Also at times I thought to myself, what would it be like to watch this show on acid...lol

I would recommend seeing "O" first myself. LOVE is still probably the best free myVegas show though.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 3rd, 2015 at 6:42:07 AM permalink
deleted
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
blount2000
blount2000
  • Threads: 42
March 3rd, 2015 at 7:11:23 AM permalink
I have seen LOVE twice (2011 & 2013) and I really enjoyed it. I had intended to see it again on my most recent trip a couple of months ago, but the show was dark for like two weeks during December (which happened to include the time my wife and I were there).

I may be revealing my lack of sophistication, but one thing I really liked about LOVE was the fact I was able to "relate" to the show better due to the familiar Beatles music. I've seen other Cirque & Cirque-like shows before (i.e. Mystere, Balagan) and while I've always been amazed and very entertained, I've also been somewhat lost on trying to figure out a story line or other type of "meaning" behind everything.

But for me, that Beatles music is instantly recognizable and relate-able the moment the show starts!

It also gives me something to hold on to long after the show is over. Even now whenever I hear one of those Beatles songs I instantly think back to the show. "Help" comes on the radio, and I'm picturing those rollerskating acrobats flying up and over those big ramps on stage!
You serious, Clark?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 213
March 3rd, 2015 at 3:13:37 PM permalink
Quote: blount2000

Even now whenever I hear one of those Beatles songs I instantly think back to the show. "Help" comes on the radio, and I'm picturing those rollerskating acrobats flying up and over those big ramps on stage!

This is the one segment that I thought could have been so much better. The Roller-bladers don't actually do any Extreme tricks, so the show Producer should bring in some Pro's and really liven that up.

That said, though, I think this is one of the better Cirque shows due to the Theater configuration and the Music. I have seen it a couple of times. And thanks to myVegas, I will be seeing it AGAIN.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
March 3rd, 2015 at 4:03:08 PM permalink
It's a great show, but you'll really only appreciate it if you like the Beatles' music.

And yes, it's probably the only live performance I've ever been to where the cheap seats are just about as good as the expensive seats. No need to waste money to sit up front.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 11th, 2015 at 8:03:28 AM permalink
deleted
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
December 26th, 2017 at 8:42:33 AM permalink
Just saw Love and I was a Beatles freak growing up.
I was in the last row and still felt I had a good seat.
I thought it was great.
Great use of recorded Beatles chatter.
The Hey Bulldog videos were surprising, I had never seen this. The played Dont let me Down from the Abbey Road rooftop that was in the movie Let it Be. Loved the huge white sheet, very very trippy. Great speaker system. Sound was perfect. Enjoyable
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
December 26th, 2017 at 9:15:07 AM permalink
Absolutely amazing show. Iíve seen it five times but Iím a Beatles fanatic.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
December 26th, 2017 at 9:21:05 AM permalink
I absolutely dislike the Beatles but enjoyed that show immensely. One of the best shows in Vegas despite the music.

• Jump to: