cellardoor
cellardoor
  • Threads: 1
February 15th, 2011 at 6:58:12 PM permalink
I searched and I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. It's a pretty popular thing to do in Vegas.

I thought it would be a good idea for anyone that has gotten married in Vegas to tell a little bit about their experiences.

My wife and I are the type of people who aren't very formal and we both weren't up to planning a big expensive formal wedding. Part of the reason why I love her is she's so low maintenance and easy going. I had been to Vegas before, my wife hadn't, and I suggested it as a fun and easy destination wedding place. My wife loved it and we began planning. My dad gave us the book 'Neon Nuptials' and we began researching possible venues.

We were very open of size and we pretty much gave an open invitation to all of our friends and family. Whoever wants to come out to Vegas for a few days and celebrate with us is welcome. If you can't make it we would through a big party when we got back. Looking through the book we decided on having it at 'The Grove' website. We set the date for June 2008. (kind of a mistake, outdoor wedding in Vegas in June). I flew out there in January 2008 to check everything out as I had a week of of work and school. The place looked great so I booked it.

When all was said and done we had about 50 of our friends and family make the trip. The venue was just amazing and was perfect for our needs. The ceremony was less than 10 minutes long, which was a life saver since it was about 110 outside. Afterwards we had a nice mini reception in one of their buildings with open bar, an appetizer spread and cake. All said and done it was awesome. Since the place is a little far away The Grove arranged a party bus to and from our hotel so no one had to drive. The whole package was insanely affordable compared to traditional wedding. On our way back to the strip to party all night long we stopped at Red Rock park for some awesome photos at sunset.

So there's my Vegas wedding story. Any others out there?
JIMMYFOCKER
JIMMYFOCKER
  • Threads: 17
February 15th, 2011 at 7:34:40 PM permalink
Check out the Stardust
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 18th, 2011 at 11:59:47 AM permalink
Here is a link to previous thread on this topic.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: