1 vote (25%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1145
February 11th, 2019 at 10:44:35 AM permalink
As most of you know, I was happy to have attended Burning Man in 2018 and hope to return this year. The dates for 2019 are Aug 25 to Sep 2.

One of the biggest challenges is getting tickets. There are various dates for ticket sales and at widely varying prices. Last year, if memory serves me correctly, tickets cost anywhere from $400 to $1200. I felt a bit of a sucker paying the $1200 price, but that is what happens if you don't plan in advance.

For 2019 I believe they are doing the cheap ticket sale first, which I applaud. However, from stories from previous years, it is basically a gamble getting through their site to buy them on that date, as everybody is trying to.

I hope I'm not violating any of the 10 Burning Man Principles in saying that even if you don't want to attend, you can help your fellow WoV members or friends in general go by trying to help them get a ticket on whatever date they have the initial sale. I want to go on record as say that it is against Burning Man principles to sell tickets at a profit. However, I don't think it breaks any rules to sell tickets to friends at your cost and it certainly helps nurture friendships to do favors for each other.

That said, the first step is easy. You have to create a Burner Profile. You have to just put in a user name, real name, and Email address. Then verify it through a link they will send to your Email address, which will ask for a bit more information. You must have a Burner Profile to buy tickets.

Also, if anyone is serious, I may be able to squeeze you into my group. I am not in charge, so can only make recommendations.

I will keep this thread updated when dates are announced for the ticket sales. However, again, you can get your Burner Profile ready now. It takes only about five minutes and there is no obligation.

The question for the poll is what are your plans for Burning Man 2019?

BTW, my Burning Man video from last year is by far my most successful YouTube video. It currently ranks 5th for a YouTube search on "Burning Man 2018."

Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O7a5bOMWN8
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
wrxrob
wrxrob
  • Threads: 6
February 11th, 2019 at 10:58:31 AM permalink
As a frequent visitor of Fantasy Fest in Key West, FL... Burning man has always been on my bucket list, but I've never been able to connect with a group of people serious enough to actually go. When I get a chance later, I'll view this video, and check my schedule.

• Jump to: