GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 28th, 2017 at 3:09:36 PM permalink
Hells kitchen LV is opening Jan 16. Their grand opening is something like jan 26th. I have reservations on the 19th, 20th, and 21st. Not sure when we were going to go so I made multiple.

I know I know, it will be overpriced and probably mediocre but we are wanting to go.

My question and probably no one knows the answer bit maybe you do. Will I be able to use my $100 diamond reward there? Has anyone seen a menu?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 28th, 2017 at 3:19:26 PM permalink
Don't know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't even let the people he hires make me a bowl of cereal. The people on his show are disgusting!
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
GWAE
GWAE
December 28th, 2017 at 3:25:57 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Don't know the answer to your question, but I wouldn't even let the people he hires make me a bowl of cereal. The people on his show are disgusting!

That is very true but isn't that pretty common among chefs? I seem to see a lot of gross people in kitchens.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
December 28th, 2017 at 3:48:04 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

That is very true but isn't that pretty common among chefs? I seem to see a lot of gross people in kitchens.

You can teach a monkey to be a line
cook, it's just the same repetitive stuff
day after day.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
December 28th, 2017 at 3:53:52 PM permalink
I only eat at place's where super models do the prep. :)
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 106
December 28th, 2017 at 6:16:14 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

It's edited to look that way, and some of the contestants may be hired because they do what they do (the way that American Idol passed bad singers through the initial auditions to sing in front of the judges), although I am under the impression that, despite what he says about all of the finalists, Gordon has faith only in the winner.

Why do I say that? A few years ago, the winner was supposed to be "head chef" (which I am lead to believe is "assistant to the executive chef" for one year with a $250,000 salary) at Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, but, depending on whose version you believe, either she "declined the job for personal reasons" or "failed the drug test required of all Caesar's employees." In any case, Ramsay made it quite clear that the season's runner-up would not get the job, and, in fact, the following season's winner got that job.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 28th, 2017 at 8:41:10 PM permalink
Ramsey is a showboat jerk, I can't stand watching
him. He's all ego and not even that great of a cook.
He's mediocre at best, his talent is in being a
professional asshole.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearSOOPOO
December 28th, 2017 at 10:29:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ramsey is a showboat jerk, I can't stand watching
him. He's all ego and not even that great of a cook.
He's mediocre at best, his talent is in being a
professional asshole.

I blame his show for one specific thing. I like good potato skins. To me, good skins have most of the inside scooped out after baking, then they're brushed with butter and filled with cheese and bacon, placed under the broiler for a few minutes, then topped with fresh chives and sour cream. The skins themselves should be crispy and solid but relatively thin.

He started yelling at restaurateurs for scooping out the innards, claiming they were cheating the customer of the potato they paid for.

Now, several years later, just try and get thin, crispy skins. You're stuck with half-potatoes with stuff piled on top. The tops get scorched, but the potato is solid and starchy, and the skins are just there, sometimes soggy, sometimes dry, but not crispy and buttery.

It was fine with me if they were mashing the innards with garlic or whatever and serving them separately. If I wanted a loaded baked potato, I'd order that instead.

Thanks for nothing, there, Gordo.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
December 29th, 2017 at 1:10:34 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I blame his show for one specific thing. I like good potato skins. To me, good skins have most of the inside scooped out after baking, then they're brushed with butter and filled with cheese and bacon, placed under the broiler for a few minutes, then topped with fresh chives and sour cream. The skins themselves should be crispy and solid but relatively thin.

He started yelling at restaurateurs for scooping out the innards, claiming they were cheating the customer of the potato they paid for.

Now, several years later, just try and get thin, crispy skins. You're stuck with half-potatoes with stuff piled on top. The tops get scorched, but the potato is solid and starchy, and the skins are just there, sometimes soggy, sometimes dry, but not crispy and buttery.

It was fine with me if they were mashing the innards with garlic or whatever and serving them separately. If I wanted a loaded baked potato, I'd order that instead.

Thanks for nothing, there, Gordo.

Lmao, if all things to not like someone for that is definitely a new one.
EvenBob
EvenBob
December 29th, 2017 at 2:10:37 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Lmao, if all things to not like someone for that is definitely a new one.

Women have dumped men for far less..

• Jump to: