rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 23rd, 2014 at 6:55:07 PM permalink
I've applied for a position at Aristocrat, and I'm finding it very difficult to work with the 3rd party recruiter that the company has contracted with. She called me without reading my resume, then still missed the second page. She claimed her customer was anonymous, but still listed the ATI acronym and references to Australia in the job description. She also demanded that I do some pretty immoral things - "just put XXXX experience on your resume!"

I'm extremely interested in the position that I've applied for, and I'm pretty well qualified for the job so I don't think I'd be wasting anybody's time by trying to connect via another angle. Does anyone work at or know anyone who works at Aristocrat's US headquarters in Las Vegas?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 23rd, 2014 at 7:33:56 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I've applied for a position at Aristocrat, and I'm finding it very difficult to work with the 3rd party recruiter that the company has contracted with. She called me without reading my resume, then still missed the second page. She claimed her customer was anonymous, but still listed the ATI acronym and references to Australia in the job description. She also demanded that I do some pretty immoral things - "just put XXXX experience on your resume!"

I'm extremely interested in the position that I've applied for, and I'm pretty well qualified for the job so I don't think I'd be wasting anybody's time by trying to connect via another angle. Does anyone work at or know anyone who works at Aristocrat's US headquarters in Las Vegas?

I have no help on the Aristocrat contact.

However, no matter what anybody tells you, DON'T lie on your resume. Creative writing is allowed. JMHO. YMMV.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:16:37 PM permalink
Third party screeners can be a nuisance, but don't make changes that you are not comfortable making. Its obvious if she can't even keep pages together than she is no good at the job, so any advice or suggestions that she has for you are probably nonsense too.

Be as honest as you can be but still be as accurate as possible. It might be possible to fudge a bit such as by giving a month and year of employment rather than a Month Day and Year which is more precise, but don't stretch the truth too far.

And avoid anything that is demonstrably false. You will never be given an opportunity to say that their third party screener told you to say something. Its YOUR resume and you are the only one who will sink or swim according to its accuracy and completeness.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
March 23rd, 2014 at 9:43:24 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Third party screeners can be a nuisance, but don't make changes that you are not comfortable making. Its obvious if she can't even keep pages together than she is no good at the job, so any advice or suggestions that she has for you are probably nonsense too.

Be as honest as you can be but still be as accurate as possible. It might be possible to fudge a bit such as by giving a month and year of employment rather than a Month Day and Year which is more precise, but don't stretch the truth too far.

And avoid anything that is demonstrably false. You will never be given an opportunity to say that their third party screener told you to say something. Its YOUR resume and you are the only one who will sink or swim according to its accuracy and completeness.

I totally agree with what you've written. My hope would be to potentially cut her out of the process. The head hunter really doesn't deserve her fee in this case. I've worked with a number of 3rd party agencies as both a candidate and as a hiring manager and I've never seen anything like this.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
March 24th, 2014 at 2:37:13 AM permalink
Just wait till you move on to the HR person once you get that far. These days odds are you have another incompetent on your hands.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: