maxima191
maxima191
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 11, 2013
September 11th, 2013 at 12:11:42 PM permalink
I live 15 minutes from this place NV Only Penny Casino has great food friendly atmosphere and I won 195.00 last week betting 15 cents on a Cave Man Keno machine only put 3.00 in machine.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
September 11th, 2013 at 12:19:26 PM permalink
Welcome to this forum. Glad you enjoy this somewhat out of the way and a bit obscure "low roller" casino.
maxima191
maxima191
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 2
Joined: Sep 11, 2013
September 11th, 2013 at 12:24:59 PM permalink
Oh my first insult-I live in Nevada and support the local business -This is my last post here!
kmumf
kmumf
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 182
Joined: Jul 5, 2011
September 11th, 2013 at 12:28:42 PM permalink
Whaaa? That was not an insult.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
September 11th, 2013 at 12:38:04 PM permalink
Yeah, that was an awkwardly stated but sincere statement.

Emerald Island is one of my favorite places to visit in Vegas. I've gone every time I've been in town. Oddly, I think Joker's Wild and Emerald Island are the only casinos in the Vegas area that I've visited on every trip.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 207
  • Posts: 11001
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
September 11th, 2013 at 1:09:36 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Welcome to this forum. Glad you enjoy this somewhat out of the way and a bit obscure "low roller" casino.

I don't think this was meant as an insult.

But, if you insist that it is, then it's insulting the casino and not the member that started this thread.

----

I also try to visit Jokers Wild on every visit, but never heard of Emerald Isle. Do they have table games or just slots?

FYI: I love Jokers Wild for their quarter craps game.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
September 11th, 2013 at 1:31:12 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I don't think this was meant as an insult.

But, if you insist that it is, then it's insulting the casino and not the member that started this thread.

----

I also try to visit Jokers Wild on every visit, but never heard of Emerald Isle. Do they have table games or just slots?

FYI: I love Jokers Wild for their quarter craps game.



Emerald Isle is only slots & VP. Rainbow (also only slots) and El Dorado (tables) are less than a block away. The casinos are in downtown Henderson, just south of Lake Mead Parkway, just east WEST of Boulder Highway. It's a very cute, very walkable area. And, for whatever reason, it's the only place I've seen in Vegas where the patrons are universally happy.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
September 11th, 2013 at 3:27:03 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

And, for whatever reason, it's the only place I've seen in Vegas where the patrons are universally happy.


It's a favorite of mine as well.

It's refreshing to see people that are able to enjoy life's simple pleasures:

a lit cigarette ... white socks ... and "buy 1 get 1 free" at the tattoo parlor.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
  • Posts: 5528
Joined: Nov 14, 2009
September 11th, 2013 at 4:01:12 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Yeah, that was an awkwardly stated but sincere statement.

Emerald Island is one of my favorite places to visit in Vegas. I've gone every time I've been in town. Oddly, I think Joker's Wild and Emerald Island are the only casinos in the Vegas area that I've visited on every trip.

How are the amenities at EI? One of the few casinos in LV I don't think I've ever been in.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
September 11th, 2013 at 4:20:59 PM permalink
Quote: teddys

How are the amenities at EI? One of the few casinos in LV I don't think I've ever been in.


It's about 400 slots and a coffee shop. The setup is similar to the Rainbow next door, except the Rainbow has the Peppermill-style neon decor, and lacks a slot club. Eldorado is slightly more full-service, with a couple of table games and a seating area where the derelicts (relatively speaking) hang out -- it's either a sportsbook or keno lounge, I forget.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
September 11th, 2013 at 5:11:47 PM permalink
My previous thread on this casino:
here
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 6229
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 3rd, 2024 at 12:19:32 PM permalink
One of my current favorite casinos
Probably has the only full pay video poker nickle machine on the planet
I started going there on a top 10 las Vegas values Anthony Curtis list recommendation. Their breakfast is always on the list
It was great and very reasonably priced
Decided to get a card and earn some coupons for new players. Just 50 points to get a free hamburger lunch and a breakfast skillet
Quickly earned the points on the full pay nickle machine playing quarters.
The free skillet breakfast was so huge, had to get a take out box. 1st time ever I couldn't finish breakfast.
They have about 5 dinner specials a night besides the regular menu
Very reasonably priced and the food is really really good
I notice their restaurant does a huge take out business
This place rocks. Such a good value :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 3881
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
March 4th, 2024 at 1:35:19 AM permalink
Quote: maxima191

I live 15 minutes from this place NV Only Penny Casino has great food friendly atmosphere and I won 195.00 last week betting 15 cents on a Cave Man Keno machine only put 3.00 in machine.
link to original post



Winning $195 on a 15 cent bet is actually a REALLY good payout. 😀
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: