thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 23rd, 2011 at 7:05:51 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Its the way Jerry/Singer does it that gives him away. He talks like Laughlin is the best place to play in NV, and nobody else does that. He brings it up when nobody is discussing it.

I know, I'm yanking your chain, JL and his puppets have a certain style. Hopefully no-one mistakes mine for it...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
April 23rd, 2011 at 7:09:10 PM permalink
The single greatest clue to when a puppet is here, is a huge number of posts a day for the first week. He just can't control himself.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 291
April 24th, 2011 at 3:37:06 AM permalink
I'm glad to say I've missed all that, just by not sticking to old threads that wander off. But anyway I'd say really you'd have to be 100% certain about the facts here to do that to the guy, not just 99%, otherwise only click on the posts that rate that treatment due to their content, or, yes, I'd say it is abuse of the privilege.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
April 24th, 2011 at 3:55:56 AM permalink
Alut posted "Rob Singer" as the "best in the world" in the best of the world thread.

That was enough for me to flag him. For the first time, I might add. That post was gone immediately, so I assume someone else had already flagged it. I've had enough of that shit.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 421
April 24th, 2011 at 4:11:35 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I'd say really you'd have to be 100% certain about the facts here to do that to the guy, not just 99%,.

Good grief, why? This isn't a courtroom, its a meaningless internet forum.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
April 24th, 2011 at 6:49:00 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Alut posted "Rob Singer" as the "best in the world" in the best of the world thread.

Oh, he posted that one several times.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
gofaster87
gofaster87
  • Threads: 3
April 24th, 2011 at 7:02:34 AM permalink
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 176
April 24th, 2011 at 8:25:36 AM permalink
Are forum rules being abused? No. They are being used to make the forum what the forum users want it to be.
NO KILL I
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
April 24th, 2011 at 8:32:20 AM permalink
Quote: Mosca

Are forum rules being abused? No. They are being used to make the forum what the forum users want it to be.

By this algorithm, MKL and JL's participation was not abusive. I disagree.

Clearly, the forum must and should have rules that the users may or may not like. And similarly clearly, it is possible to abuse those rules.
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
April 24th, 2011 at 4:18:00 PM permalink
The fact remains that a forum member in good standing who is abiding by the rules is being banned by as little as two members exercising the flagging option. I don't believe that power was intended for forum members and I wouldn't want to see posts busted simply because two members didn't like the poster.

The Nuclear Option does provide for banning disruptive members, even though they are following the rules. That option is for administrators only and thus far they have not chosen to use it against the poster in question.

• Jump to: