BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 7
September 4th, 2021 at 5:48:27 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter

Quote: BoSox

I am a little confused here, what happens if the person who gives the lecture at the Emily school puts his very real name and home address on the blackboard and makes note of it when he begins his lecture? Resulting in the students comprised of Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots start laughing at him for supplying that information. Many of the students then start calling him a moron, imbecile, and idiot should those students be suspended, considering their lack of understanding?

redietz response:

BoSox, I think it's self evident I don't much care if Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots are laughing at or with me. If you'd like me to post my name and address here, just ask. I'll oblige. No hay problema, senor.

I'm not some anonymous wannabee card counter upset that some people with a k in their name make an actual living at it.

• link to original post

1. Don't doxx yourself. Bad form. Not strictly a rules violation.

If you want to suspend me on a technicality go right ahead. Although, the readers of the thread know full well who was actually doing the insulting.
    moses
    moses
    • Threads: 8
    September 4th, 2021 at 5:48:56 PM permalink

redietz response:

I'm not some anonymous wannabee card counter upset that some people with a k in their name make an actual living at it.

• link to original post

I agree. No one cares. Even funnier is posting results. You're a sports handicapper. Probably should post results. If you choose to post your address? More power to you. But what does your choice have to do with others? Do most sports handicappers put themselves in a position to have private info made public? Does it increase subscribers?
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    September 4th, 2021 at 7:14:53 PM permalink

1. Don't doxx yourself. Bad form. Not strictly a rules violation.

If you want to suspend me on a technicality go right ahead. Although, the readers of the thread know full well who was actually doing the insulting.
  • link to original post

The winds of fortune would seem to be kind for the moment.
    May the cards fall in your favor.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    • Threads: 188
    September 5th, 2021 at 3:01:08 AM permalink
    ________

my two cents worth
    it would be good to give the Mod(s), especially new ones a little bit of a break
    cut them a little bit of slack

a lot of this stuff is in a gray area and comes down to a judgment call

if a Center bangs away in the lane in hoops trying to get postion_________
    some refs will call a foul and some won't - one is not wrong and one is not right

same deal here

getting suspended is not the end of the world - getting nuked is tougher and may require some explanation

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
    BoSox
    BoSox
    September 5th, 2021 at 4:22:21 AM permalink

• link to original post

The winds of fortune would seem to be kind for the moment.
  • link to original post

A lot has been accomplished here where a bar has now been set, and what is considered the new standard. But should rule #1 be thrown out the window?

"Absolutely no personal insults. If you disagree with another forum member, politely attack the writing, not the writer. This policy also applies to family members of forum members, but is considered a more severe infraction, especially female family members. (Amended 2/23/14 to not allow personal insults at all. The previous policy was more lenient. Amended again 1/31/19 to include family members.)"
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    September 5th, 2021 at 4:51:04 AM permalink

A lot has been accomplished here where a bar has now been set, and what is considered the new standard. But should rule #1 be thrown out the window?

• The winds of fate ebb and flow, shifting in direction and intensity.
    Some days the kite will not climb from the hand, some days the string cuts a finger.

Insults are prohibited.
    Sass is not.
    If you sass someone, be prepared to get as good as you give.
    billryan
    billryan 
    • Threads: 193
    September 5th, 2021 at 7:34:50 AM permalink
    If sassing is permissible, can razzing be far behind?
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter
    September 5th, 2021 at 7:55:19 AM permalink
    Quote: billryan

• Quote: Forum Rules

The punishment for violating these rules will be meted out on a case by case basis. Options include a warning, temporary ban, and permanent ban.

• As the river gradually changes its course, so too does the border realign.

Whatever. It's just variance.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    • Threads: 188
    September 5th, 2021 at 9:45:30 AM permalink
    Quote: billryan

I don't think it would be impermissible if you record a 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩 ℂ𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕣 with your phone
    and then uploaded it to YouTube
    and then quoted the razzee and embedded it in your post________________nothing against it in the rules___________(-:\

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
    BoSox
    BoSox
    September 5th, 2021 at 10:09:24 AM permalink
    Quote: lilredrooster

I don't think it would be impermissible if you record a 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩 ℂ𝕙𝕖𝕖𝕣 with your phone
    and then uploaded it to YouTube
    and then quoted the razzee and embedded it in your post________________nothing against it in the rules___________(-:\

• link to original post

Funny, I was just trying to look up the late Johnny Most in one of his highlights how some Celtic player razzled and dazzled his way to a layup.

• Jump to: