MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:29:13 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

So lying on this forum is acceptable, but calling out the liar isn't. What a wonderful standard.

Can you PROVE a poster is IN FACT lying?

If so, the rules DO provide a remedy.

Look at rules 19 and 20:

19: Controversial Speech: In an effort to keep the focus of the forum on gambling, Vegas, and math, comments of a political, racial, religious, sexual, or otherwise controversial nature are not allowed. We recommend taking such discussion elsewhere (Added 8/13/19).

20: Nuclear option: Finally, if the site administrators feel that a member is so disruptive to the site, even while abiding by the rules above, a "nuclear option" may be invoked to permanently ban the offender. This will be used sparingly for only the worst of trolls. (Added 2/20/11)

As always, it's a judgment call by the mods, but these rules, if interpreted correctly, warrant excluding liars whose lies are controversial and / or disruptive.

No, I am not claiming that the forum's self-ordained gamblin' god is lying, as that would warrant suspending me... but if the mods think so, then ...
"What, me worry?"
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:31:33 PM permalink
It would be a terrible, subjective, capricious and very results-oriented precedent to set.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:39:23 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

It would be a terrible, subjective, capricious and very results-oriented precedent to set.

"Better to burp and feel the shame than to hold it back and feel the pain."

--- old adage
"What, me worry?"
moses
moses
  • Threads: 8
September 3rd, 2021 at 2:54:32 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

"Better to burp and feel the shame than to hold it back and feel the pain."

--- old adage

• link to original post

Exactly what Im talking about. Of course with BR's chili is not burping and it's my lady who feels the pain.😉😲
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter 
    September 3rd, 2021 at 7:49:18 PM permalink
    Quote: Mission146

• By my fallible math, the 212 day period from January 1 to July 31 of this year had 65 suspensions totalling 636 days.
    This excludes nukes.
    This likely mistabulates a few suspensions (net underreporting).

I believe a more recent data subset would be considered an inadequate sample for meaningful comparison at this time.
    May the cards fall in your favor.
    moses
    moses
    September 3rd, 2021 at 10:37:38 PM permalink
    When the line makers acrew up? Bet what hurts and go to a movie. One big blast. Mostly good.
    BoSox
    BoSox
    • Threads: 7
    September 4th, 2021 at 12:47:22 PM permalink
    Quote: Dieter

As these points merit discussion, I forked the thread.

Thank you. I would like to make a point on this. If a discussion does take place on the matter I hope it is not decided only by the questions that I asked in the above post, but, also a reply wrote back to me on the matter after I replied to the original post in question. That information is on the other thread that was split.
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter 
    September 4th, 2021 at 2:37:41 PM permalink
    Quote: BoSox

Thank you. I would like to make a point on this. If a discussion does take place on the matter I hope it is not decided only by the questions that I asked in the above post, but, also a reply wrote back to me on the matter after I replied to the original post in question. That information is on the other thread that was split.

• link to original post

Well, splitting is possible; merging is not.
    I suppose anything on this sort of topic could be quoted and brought over.
    BoSox
    BoSox
    • Threads: 7
    September 4th, 2021 at 4:30:22 PM permalink
    I am a little confused here, what happens if the person who gives the lecture at the Emily school puts his very real name and home address on the blackboard and makes note of it when he begins his lecture? Resulting in the students comprised of Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots start laughing at him for supplying that information. Many of the students then start calling him a moron, imbecile, and idiot should those students be suspended, considering their lack of understanding?

redietz response:

BoSox, I think it's self evident I don't much care if Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots are laughing at or with me. If you'd like me to post my name and address here, just ask. I'll oblige. No hay problema, senor.

I'm not some anonymous wannabee card counter upset that some people with a k in their name make an actual living at it.
    Last edited by: BoSox on Sep 4, 2021
    Dieter
    Administrator
    Dieter 
    September 4th, 2021 at 5:11:14 PM permalink

I am a little confused here, what happens if the person who gives the lecture at the Emily school puts his very real name and home address on the blackboard and makes note of it when he begins his lecture? Resulting in the students comprised of Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots start laughing at him for supplying that information. Many of the students then start calling him a moron, imbecile, and idiot should those students be suspended, considering their lack of understanding?

redietz response:

BoSox, I think it's self evident I don't much care if Morons, Imbeciles, and Idiots are laughing at or with me. If you'd like me to post my name and address here, just ask. I'll oblige. No hay problema, senor.

I'm not some anonymous wannabee card counter upset that some people with a k in their name make an actual living at it.

• link to original post

1. Don't doxx yourself. Bad form. Not strictly a rules violation.

2. The instructor may indeed be in the right room, but may need a seat a little farther from the blackboard and facing the other direction. That's a personal opinion, though.

3. If you open the door, you really oughtn't complain if someone walks in. Some moderators may view that as baiting (a form of trolling).

• Jump to: