Thread Rating:

MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
January 28th, 2024 at 9:42:44 AM permalink
When I view a PM on my iPhone, if the PM has included any quoted text, the entire PM appear as a block of yellow text, with none of the response visible. Also, even the block of yellow text is off, fills the whole PM window.

PMs appear normally in the web version of WOV.

Here is what a test PM replied from Gordo looks like when viewed in the iPhone:

I can't see what he wrote.

Same PM, viewed in web version of WOV (normal):

On the iPhone, the only way for me to view the response is to hit Reply, and then I may see everything:

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
January 28th, 2024 at 10:11:10 AM permalink
I find the same thing on Android.

I seem to remember that for something similar, rotating the phone helped.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
January 28th, 2024 at 10:17:07 AM permalink
I knew it wasn't all in my head. I only see the "new message," button pop up for ONE second before it goes away and I have to go to the private message section and manually write in the Poster I want to PM.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MDawg
MDawg
January 28th, 2024 at 10:27:10 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I knew it wasn't all in my head. I only see the "new message," button pop up for ONE second before it goes away and I have to go to the private message section and manually write in the Poster I want to PM.
link to original post

This thread is about an entirely different issue.

Anyway, on my iPhone I don't have the other problem you describe.

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
January 28th, 2024 at 10:29:23 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Rotating the iPhone doesn't do anything on WOV.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 28th, 2024 at 11:03:22 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Quote: Dieter

link to original post

Rotating the iPhone doesn't do anything on WOV.
link to original post

Yes, I see that now. It was a shot in the dark.

I was able to set my browser to "request desktop site", which disabled the misformatting glitch, both portrait and landscape.
Reverting to mobile formatting re-enabled the misformatting glitch.

I have reported this to Miro, so hopefully it can get looked into. I hadn't reported it earlier, because I figured if I was the only one troubled by it, I would suffer.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Nathan
January 28th, 2024 at 1:28:57 PM permalink
No one has asked, but I did indeed give MDawg my permission to make a public post of our PM.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
Thanked by
Dieter
January 28th, 2024 at 7:19:29 PM permalink
this is what appears to me to be a CSS problem

the "word-wrap" property should fix this if there isnt something else placing in that white space before the text begins

i also think this may be a floating issue if not the word-wrap issue
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
January 29th, 2024 at 12:33:09 AM permalink
Thanks Miro for the fix.

Please note you may need to clear your browsing cache to force a reload.

Works for me may not work for thee, but...
  • Jump to: