bjarne
bjarne
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
Mission146
October 1st, 2022 at 8:55:50 AM permalink
When playing UTH at optimal win strategy, using the Wiz's strategy, what percentage of hands can the player be expected to win?

I am not talking about house edges, I just would like to know if they would win 50% of their hands, or 47% of their hands, or what?

I am talking about over the long run of course, say over 1 millions hands or whatever the number of hands it would take to establish that with a 95% to 99% confidence.

If anyone knows, or if the Wiz could answer, it would be much appreciated.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
Thanked by
bjarnegordonm888
October 1st, 2022 at 9:38:58 AM permalink
Quote: bjarne

When playing UTH at optimal win strategy, using the Wiz's strategy, what percentage of hands can the player be expected to win?

I am not talking about house edges, I just would like to know if they would win 50% of their hands, or 47% of their hands, or what?

I am talking about over the long run of course, say over 1 millions hands or whatever the number of hands it would take to establish that with a 95% to 99% confidence.

If anyone knows, or if the Wiz could answer, it would be much appreciated.
link to original post

Just scroll down to the table of results and add up the probabilities of all winning events. At that point, you can either index winning percentage to ties, or not.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
bjarne
bjarne
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
Mission146
October 1st, 2022 at 11:05:39 AM permalink
Thanks Mission146. That table can be confusing to read, but I finally figured it out based on your reply. My answer is (excluding ties which are pushes, so I never win or lose) 48.118% chance of winning the hand vs losing the hand. Subtracting that from 100%, gives me roughly a little under 52% chance of losing the hand vs winning the hand.
  • Jump to: