onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
FleaStiff
April 15th, 2020 at 8:43:09 PM permalink
I get a lot of Youtube advertising for this, anyone subscribed? It's supposed to be not fake news, real reporting etc.
I am a robot.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
April 15th, 2020 at 9:29:18 PM permalink
Google is an advertising company that accepts money for ad placement...
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 15th, 2020 at 10:29:27 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Google is an advertising company that accepts money for ad placement...

Lol I just mean I had never heard of it if it weren't for advertising. It's kind of weird to me for there to be an emerging newspaper when newspapers are in decline. It bills itself as not being fake news, covering the stories the others ignore. Cannot even repeat what I have heard out of oppression. They're watching.
I am a robot.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
BleedingChipsSlowly
April 15th, 2020 at 10:34:59 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Lol I just mean I had never heard of it if it weren't for advertising. It's kind of weird to me for there to be an emerging newspaper when newspapers are in decline. It bills itself as not being fake news, covering the stories the others ignore. Cannot even repeat what I have heard out of oppression. They're watching.

Generally newspapers with religious names (Christian monitor, etc) should have all their articles dubiously considered.

One trick they do is sprinkle factual stories in with the fiction so you take it for a reliable paper

EDIT: I think you meant Epoch Times not Enoch (which would make it religious.)

Here is info on Epoch times. I would not trust it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 16th, 2020 at 12:07:26 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Generally newspapers with religious names (Christian monitor, etc) should have all their articles dubiously considered.

One trick they do is sprinkle factual stories in with the fiction so you take it for a reliable paper

EDIT: I think you meant Epoch Times not Enoch (which would make it religious.)

Here is info on Epoch times. I would not trust it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

Epoch, not Enoch yes. I knew something was off on my end, but wasn't sure what. I'd be interested in people's opinions if we have any subscribers amongst us.
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 16th, 2020 at 1:34:07 AM permalink

Epoch, not Enoch yes. I knew something was off on my end, but wasn't sure what. I'd be interested in people's opinions if we have any subscribers amongst us.

I have seen some excellent articles, in my opinion.

On another note, you may have noticed there is more and more acceptance, even in the last few days, that the virus was engineered, in a lab. I don't want to push the envelope, I don't know how far I can go without getting suspended, but I NEVER believed the "wet market" story, even from the beginning.

Here's a name for you. Shi Zhengli.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 16th, 2020 at 7:08:54 AM permalink

It's supposed to be not fake news, real reporting etc.

According to Epoch Time, which means according to Falun Goon which is a cult, criminal enterprise, bunch of mental patients according to various views.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 16th, 2020 at 9:43:46 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

According to Epoch Time, which means according to Falun Goon which is a cult, criminal enterprise, bunch of mental patients according to various views.

Smh
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 16th, 2020 at 10:06:08 AM permalink

Whatever they are, they're paying a heavy price for their beliefs. Thousands imprisoned, worked to death, organs harvested, genocide. Falun Gong.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 16th, 2020 at 10:18:20 AM permalink
In general, I find the people who constantly decry fake news are mendacious.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 16th, 2020 at 10:32:05 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

In general, I find the people who constantly decry fake news are mendacious.

Your behavior has been quite rude and disrespectful lately. Comment after comment, win friends and influence people instead. This isn't about people who talk about fake news, it's about a newspaper with really persuasive advertising on Youtube. I'm thinking about buying a newspaper subscription in 2020. In writing this I realize you're baiting to try triggering someone into mentioning Orange Man.

I am a robot.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 16th, 2020 at 10:35:48 AM permalink

Your behavior has been quite rude and disrespectful lately. Comment after comment, win friends and influence people instead. This isn't about people who talk about fake news, it's about a newspaper with really persuasive advertising on Youtube. I'm thinking about buying a newspaper subscription in 2020. In writing this I realize you're baiting to try triggering someone into mentioning Orange Man.

He proposed putting a chip into everyone in the world as they get a COVID vaccine or antibody test. You have to take those posts with a grain of salt.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2020 at 10:41:42 AM permalink

That is what you call persuasive advertising,eh? PT Barnum was right.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2020 at 11:21:50 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

He proposed putting a chip into everyone in the world as they get a COVID vaccine or antibody test. You have to take those posts with a grain of salt.

Reading is fundamental. In a life saving situation, I don't want to have to put my faith in a certificate anyone with a color printer an make.
My businesses are closed until there is an effective way to tell me that my employees aren't at risk and aren't a threat to my customers. Anti-body testing can be the game changer but is useless unless the results can be certified.
Over the next two or three weeks, we will have to come up with a new business plan, literally reinventing ourselves and probably going from a gallery like setting to strictly an online commerce site. Not at all what I envisioned when I bought this building, but we will adapt, innovate, and overcome. Others seem more comfortable putting their heads up their asses and waiting for some savior to swoop in on his unicorn and make everything bright and groovy.
The world has changed. Sitting around waiting for the world to return to our old normal isn't much of a plan but if it makes you feel good, go for it.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 16th, 2020 at 12:08:15 PM permalink

Salt with your chip.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
April 16th, 2020 at 12:49:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Reading is fundamental. In a life saving situation, I don't want to have to put my faith in a certificate anyone with a color printer an make.
My businesses are closed until there is an effective way to tell me that my employees aren't at risk and aren't a threat to my customers. Anti-body testing can be the game changer but is useless unless the results can be certified.
Over the next two or three weeks, we will have to come up with a new business plan, literally reinventing ourselves and probably going from a gallery like setting to strictly an online commerce site. Not at all what I envisioned when I bought this building, but we will adapt, innovate, and overcome. Others seem more comfortable putting their heads up their asses and waiting for some savior to swoop in on his unicorn and make everything bright and groovy.
The world has changed. Sitting around waiting for the world to return to our old normal isn't much of a plan but if it makes you feel good, go for it.

I was going to sympathize and wish you good luck. I know many people in a similar spot as you needing to reinvent their business.

But then your post turned offensive and you said I have my head up my @$$.

Every correction is an over correction. That’s the way of the world.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 16th, 2020 at 1:38:21 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Whatever they are, they're paying a heavy price for their beliefs. Thousands imprisoned, worked to death, organs harvested, genocide. Falun Gong.

Yes, but this is China, a country where non-conformity in just about anything "pays a heavy price".
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 16th, 2020 at 5:10:06 PM permalink

Yes, but this is China, a country where non-conformity in just about anything "pays a heavy price".

I don't even know what that means, it seems you are stating the obvious. The Chinese people need FREEDOM.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 16th, 2020 at 5:51:48 PM permalink

The Chinese people need FREEDOM.

The Chinese people seem to have quite well for decades without freedom. I think what you mean is some WANT it and some want them to HAVE it, but that is not a "need".
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 16th, 2020 at 6:18:18 PM permalink

The Chinese people seem to have quite well for decades without freedom. I think what you mean is some WANT it and some want them to HAVE it, but that is not a "need".

Wow. I'm speechless. I think I'm sorry I replied to you. I'll quit. You win. Congrats.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 16th, 2020 at 6:52:40 PM permalink

Wow. I'm speechless. I think I'm sorry I replied to you. I'll quit. You win. Congrats.

Please don't be offended. Personally, I want the Chinese and the Russians to be free, but clearly their governments do not and I have no idea what percentage of the Chinese people want democracy.

I happen to have a rather greater amount of experience with people from Red China than most Americans do and can tell you that all of them were fascinated by our election process, our courts (particularly on TV) and some were utterly nonplussed at seeing the newspaper listings for abandoned property owners, it being inconceivable to them that Americans can move and the government not know where they are living. I recall mentioning that I moved from Boston to Los Angeles and one of the Chinese wanted to know the process involved but I simply told him that I went to the airport, bought a ticket and got on the plane. He literally did not realize what freedom to travel was.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 16th, 2020 at 9:16:31 PM permalink
Billryan, you're making everyone an adversary for no reason.. I don't know why, but you seem to be targeting me with posts saying I have too much time on my hands repeatedly. This is generally considered to be condescending. You have no enemies, just be peaceful and constructive. I'm completely innocent, I don't know why you're seeing me as your enemy or whipping boy, looking for a fight with everyone. If I have to ignore you I will, but would rather you ignore everyone else and be kind to people.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 4:06:31 AM permalink
I am a robot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 17th, 2020 at 5:32:09 AM permalink

Such as The Battle of Seattle.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 17th, 2020 at 7:43:10 AM permalink

Such as The Battle of Seattle.

Is that not a sales pitch though? I find it very persuasive.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 30th, 2020 at 8:34:53 PM permalink
Does anyone pay for any of these news sites in general? I kind of want to get Barron's, but there are so many news sources out there I keep stumbling into, I'll wind up with 5 sites, then wind up not even looking at them for 3 years and paying all along. I'm too lazy to keep up on useless subscriptions. Google might even be directing me to these websites intentionally. The ones I'm considering off hand, Barron's and IBD, forget the others.
I am a robot.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 30th, 2020 at 9:08:02 PM permalink

Does anyone pay for any of these news sites in general? I kind of want to get Barron's, but there are so many news sources out there I keep stumbling into, I'll wind up with 5 sites, then wind up not even looking at them for 3 years and paying all along. I'm too lazy to keep up on useless subscriptions. Google might even be directing me to these websites intentionally. The ones I'm considering off hand, Barron's and IBD, forget the others.

I don't watch any msm news other than local, sometimes.

I read my info from sites like Epoch, who I've referenced in the past, but I like alternative news sites. So I make one time donations to several different sites, which have an uphill struggle on their hands to stay working.

I like these people for some alternative financial news. https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/04/feds-powell-tells-reporters-fed-has-only-lending-powers-so-how-does-it-own-5-5-trillion-of-securities/

It occurred to me about a dozen years ago that basically all news is actually financial news. If something is happening somewhere in the world, it will shift money. And money people are on it first. Whether it's Ebola, or oil spills, forest fires that burn down towns and kill folks, you name it, that is all financial news.

Money really isn't interested in politics, it is only interested in mating with other money.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Thanked by
bobbartop
May 14th, 2020 at 3:55:29 PM permalink

Look 19:55 Sounds like a motive to release the virus. He says there were protests in Hong Kong in line with Tianenmen square. Great way to stifle protests by forcing them inside their homes to save lives. There were many calls for free speech in China when the virus first hit. I bet people in China would love the freedoms we have here. :)
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: