Thread Rating:

Poll

15 votes (33.33%)
20 votes (44.44%)
10 votes (22.22%)
8 votes (17.77%)

45 members have voted

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 7196
Thanks for this post from:
Forager
June 8th, 2019 at 5:01:22 AM permalink
What is up with Nathan's Corner being re-titled to Nathan and dropping it from recent threads? Who is responsible for this being done? This totally violates the ideals of the website as I remember reading.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10986
June 8th, 2019 at 5:39:35 AM permalink
This would be the 2nd or third time it was renamed. I can see no reason for the rename or the dropping it. What harm was happening?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 7196
June 8th, 2019 at 5:49:55 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This would be the 2nd or third time it was renamed. I can see no reason for the rename or the dropping it. What harm was happening?

You're one of the ones who should know the harm(dissent). I can't think of the term, something along the lines of re-education, marxism, propaganda, totalitarian states. Maybe the site should be updated to say it's owned by Kim Jong-Un.
#FreeNATHAN #Paytheslaves
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 217
  • Posts: 10986
June 8th, 2019 at 6:03:29 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You're one of the ones who should know the harm(dissent). I can't think of the term, something along the lines of re-education, marxism, propaganda, totalitarian states. Maybe the site should be updated to say it's owned by Kim Jong-Un.




Maybe.

But if someone thought the Nathan thread was doubleplus ungood at the least we could have gotten the usual "this thread is closed" notification. Instead it just disappears like some BJ dealer who didn't pay his shylock.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16740
June 8th, 2019 at 9:33:47 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

You're one of the ones who should know the harm(dissent). I can't think of the term, something along the lines of re-education, marxism, propaganda, totalitarian states. Maybe the site should be updated to say it's owned by Kim Jong-Un.

LET'S NOT FORGET THIS SITE IS A BUSINESS. That title suggests there might be something gambling related. If someone came here looking for gambling-related stuff and clicked on that thread they may leave and never come back.

For some reason, I highly doubt there was that much thought put into it. It was probably just BBB saying FU to NATHAN. In the end, I think it was the correct move for everyone but Nathan.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
Joined: May 20, 2011
  • Threads: 95
  • Posts: 1496
June 8th, 2019 at 9:48:02 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

LET'S NOT FORGET THIS SITE IS A BUSINESS.



Oh! You is a Bidnet man now? I Does it know day you know anyting bout Bidnet. Next you gonna be tellin us bout derivatives and monopolitives. U go boyee!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16740
June 8th, 2019 at 9:59:25 AM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

Oh! You is a Bidnet man now? I Does it know day you know anyting bout Bidnet. Next you gonna be tellin us bout derivatives and monopolitives. U go boyee!

You are correct, I have little to no clue what you are talking about. I get the feeling you don't either.

Stay hydrated.
Last edited by: AxelWolf on Jun 8, 2019
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 97
  • Posts: 13724
June 8th, 2019 at 10:33:20 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

LET'S NOT FORGET THIS SITE IS A BUSINESS. That title suggests there might be something gambling related. If someone came here looking for gambling-related stuff and clicked on that thread they may leave and never come back.

For some reason, I highly doubt there was that much thought put into it. It was probably just BBB saying FU to NATHAN. In the end, I think it was the correct move for everyone but Nathan.



I didn't rename the thread. I'm not sure who did, or why. However, if you're correct about the reason, it's a very good one.

I did put it on hidden status under its then-current name, which removes it from the recent threads, but doesn't do anything else. There was a continuous undercurrent of trolling that appeared to self-escalate over several days, and a couple arguments starting, so I wanted to put it on impulse-post break without closing it. It is still available if people want to continue their discussion, but forum rules still apply.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16740
June 8th, 2019 at 10:42:53 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I didn't rename the thread. I'm not sure who did, or why.

Well that sucks, I was hoping it was you saying FU Nathan, I'll show you a C***.

Oh well.

Can we do some investigation and find out who and why it was changed? I'm just a little curious. It seems to me only Mike or one of the LCB Mods would have done it? Perhaps OD might have done it, but I can't imagine he would be bothered or care about something so trivial unless he was trying to earn himself some brownie points like usual. Face doesn't seem like he would even care about such nonsense or WOV brownie points.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 131
  • Posts: 16740
June 8th, 2019 at 10:49:23 AM permalink
Hold on, did you say you buried her thread so only people interested can find it? You did say FU Nathan after all.

I take it, it still comes up in the new post's thread?

I don't see any posts unless they come up in the new post's thread and then it's only the ones on the first page. As to why I was so annoyed at MR.casinogames, little games.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: