Thread Rating:

90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
  • Threads: 19
January 26th, 2018 at 8:34:33 PM permalink
Hi Craps Friends,
Last night's info from you all was helpful and much appreciated. I have one more question, which I think I know the answer to, but want to be sure.
When you are playing the Right Way, starting out on the Pass Line, if a 7 or 11 is rolled, you win even money and can Press up your "Pass Line" bet.
Does that same thing apply when playing from the "Don't Pass: Bar 12" ? If the Come Out roll is a 2 or a 3, can you Press up your bet?
Thanks
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
January 26th, 2018 at 10:32:59 PM permalink
you can always raise or decrease your bet on the come out roll
get second you pig
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
January 26th, 2018 at 10:48:55 PM permalink
Quote: 90crapsplayer66

When you are playing the Right Way, starting out on the Pass Line, if a 7 or 11 is rolled, you win even money and can Press up your "Pass Line" bet.

when a line bet (pass or don't pass) wins on the comeout roll, that game is over and the winning bet(s) are paid. You are free to make a new bet for the next game that is about to start.
IF the table limit is say
$5 to $1000
bet as you wish.
'press' at a craps table means to double the bet.

In reality, if you plan on making over 100 lifetime bets,
you will have a way better chance
to be a lifetime winner
on the line bets
by making a table minimum bet with max odds (or up to it) after the point is set instead of pressing your line bet for the next comeout roll.

example: you bet $5 on the pass and the roll is a 7 winner!
Yahoo!!
you now have $10. make same $5 pass line bet and when the point is established, bet at least $5 on the odds.

Most will never understand that... but it is true and can be proved too. (already has)

on the don't pass, you could challenge the shooter and ask something like "Hey shooter, you going to 7 out real fast? I need to win and win fast. Makes me feel GREAT!"
or something like that, said in a kind tone of course.

of course, when gambling with your own money, have fun
do as you wish or feel to feel good.
I say only listen to others if they give you advise on how to bet and the money to gamble with!
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 27th, 2018 at 3:27:45 AM permalink
My new theory is that Nathan is not Kentry after all, but that it is possible Kentry has returned after discovering Craps .
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
January 27th, 2018 at 4:41:39 AM permalink
Sally,
Excellent information--makes a lot of sense. I will definitely follow your advice.
Thanks,
Dick
90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
January 27th, 2018 at 4:47:10 AM permalink
Thanks for the help,
Dick
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
Thanked by
90crapsplayer66
January 27th, 2018 at 6:31:11 AM permalink
Quote: 90crapsplayer66

Hi

Lets be precise in the terminology and that way its easier to be sure you understand what is going on,

If you have a Pass Line bet and it immediately wins, you are paid off at 1:1. Each of those two stacks of chips are yours and you can do what you want including taking them and walking away. Any new bet is up to you and can be for any table-allowed amount. If you do nothing but leave each of the two stacks there then under "if it lays it plays" you are deemed to have bet the full amount and the dealer will see that the bet is stacked properly.

Quote:

Does that same thing apply when playing from the "Don't Pass: Bar 12" ? If the Come Out roll is a 2 or a 3, can you Press up your bet?

Its "Don't Pass". The "bar 12' is a parenthetical reminder to the players that if 12 rolls its a push and you can even take your bet down if you want to, leave it there or add to it, but you just say 'Don't Pass" not 'Don't pass bar' or 'don't pass bar 12'.
Again,
IF the 2 or 3 rolls the dealer will usually place his fist near your bet to indicate its a 'push' and those "chips" are now yours again and you can do what you want with them. IF you want to you can leave them there and make a new Don't Pass bet or you can pick them up since its your money. If you do choose to leave your chips on the Don'tPass you can add to it IF you desire to,.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
January 27th, 2018 at 6:50:22 AM permalink
Quote: mustangsally

if they give you ... the money to gamble with!

Been meaning to talk to you about that, Sally,
Perhaps I'll be able to hitch hike to WoV Spring Fling in Vegas and after entertaining everyone with my unique math skills, they will all toss me a white.
90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
January 27th, 2018 at 7:41:37 AM permalink
Thanks, you were very clear, I appreciate that!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 27th, 2018 at 8:21:47 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

IF the 2 or 3 rolls 12 is the roll the dealer will usually place his fist near your bet to indicate its a 'push' and those "chips" are now yours again and you can do what you want with them. IF you want to you can leave them there and make a new Don't Pass bet or you can pick them up since its your money. If you do choose to leave your chips on the Don'tPass you can add to it IF you desire to,.

fixed it for you - don't confuse Kentry90crapsplayer66
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
January 27th, 2018 at 8:37:20 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Quote: FleaStiff

IF the 2 or 3 rolls 12 is the roll the dealer will usually place his fist near your bet to indicate its a 'push' and those "chips" are now yours again and you can do what you want with them. IF you want to you can leave them there and make a new Don't Pass bet or you can pick them up since its your money. If you do choose to leave your chips on the Don'tPass you can add to it IF you desire to,.

fixed it for you - don't confuse Kentry90crapsplayer66

Thanks. One of these days I promise I will post while sober,
  • Jump to: