ChristieCallaha
ChristieCallaha
  • Threads: 1
July 11th, 2016 at 5:11:45 PM permalink
We are not keeping the hold on our 21+3 version 1 on our tables. Other than stealing I have narrowed it down to the dealers don't like to shuffle(hand shuffle). Therefore they are cutting off about 1/2 deck off the back. I believe the odds of 9 to 1 are based on less hands dealt in a 6 deck shoe. I see you give the odds on a different version of the 21+3 with the odds paying more in a 4 deck shoe than any of the other 6 deck, 7deck, and lowest odds payout on a 8 deck. My question is how many hands was the 9 to 1 odds figured on the 6 deck shoe? Would I be correct in stating that fewer hands dealt in the shoe increase the odds? Thank you for your time.
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 8
July 11th, 2016 at 8:09:56 PM permalink
Here is the Wizard's analysis of 21+3. He calls your 6-deck version that pays 9:1 for all wins "version 1." The expected value (EV), what you refer to as "odds" of the bet is calculated for the first hand off the top of the shoe, and it's -0.032386 (house edge = 3.2386%.)--the house edge of this side bet does not take into consideration the number of rounds dealt from the shoe.

I'm sure the card counters would like your blackjack game with only 1/2 deck cut off, but their counting the 21+3 bet would be a waste of their time--see this.

Could your low hold be due to the players' buying chips but then getting bored with not winning the side bet and walking away with their mostly remaining chips?
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
July 12th, 2016 at 12:50:15 AM permalink
The 21+3 bet is very popular in the UK and the ratio of the side-bet to the main bet is fairly reasonable. The downside with it is that there are fewer hands per hour as the dealer has to evaluate and pay out the bets before dealing further cards. Another thing to check is whether all the losing bets are being taken.
  • Jump to: